TSI / Frontierland Addition

flavious27

I really hope Frontierland Expansion doesn't happen.

I enjoy the Riverboat ride and I really don't want to see the ride go away or the Country Bear Jamboree for that matter. Frontierland has enough E Ticket rides the way it is.

If there needs to be another ride for Frontierland, it should be a "C" or "D" ticket ride as long its not another ride for the Toy Story Franchise with it based off Woody's Roundup. I liked the two Toy Story rides at WDW, but 3 rides from one franchise sounds overkill considering other Disney & Pixar that don't have a ride or an attraction at WDW.

I would have liked to an expansion for Liberty Square if possible instead. While I like the Riverboat Ride and the Haunted Mansion, there needs to be a couple more attractions added there based on its attraction lineup like the examples sublimesting gave.

I don't see disney putting a The Empress Lilly in mk.

DisneyNut2007

This is true but there has been a recent push to move this project further. Also, along with TSI we may be saying goodbye to some bears that have been around since the beginning.

You heard what Lee said, you big fat liar! It's NOT going to happen! The Bears are staying put! The space the Jamboree takes up is too small for anything else to go in its place and too many guests will riot if the show gets taken out of WDW! :mad:

juniorthomas

I agree with you. Libery Square is kind of odd in its shape and weak on its attraction lineup considering how much potential it could have with American Folklore. Would love to see something Sleepy Hollow related and I think it would go nicely with HM if they continued with a "spooky but fun" attraction in close proximity to it. Utilizing the old keel boat dock and continuing it around the Haunted Mansion would allow them to utilize the area to the NW of the Mansion. I'm sure they didn't think of it them, but looking at the map now it would have been nice if the Mansion's show building swung more to the West closer to the river bank then to the East so there could have been a pass-through and between isaw and HM which would have opened up to that plot behind the mansion.

Liberty Square could use some love, but there isn't a lot of space to play with. They can't really use the Skyway space, because you'd walk right into HM's building. Where else could they go?

devoy1701

Liberty Square could use some love, but there isn't a lot of space to play with. They can't really use the Skyway space, because you'd walk right into HM's building. Where else could they go?

i know it. That's what the second part of my post was talking about. I know it wasn't something they were probably worried about back in 1970 when they were constructing everything, but if they would have hugged the river coastline a little more with the HM building, that space between HM and iasw could have been used to access that expansion pad and would have had room to thematically hide those show buildings.

Choodles

IMO LS and WS are the most neglected parts of WDW. I wish the would convert TSI into a colonial village with live actors. Butter Churning, blacksmith kind of a mini Colonial Williamsburg. Also the island is big enough to include some type of colonial ride.

RSoxNo1

The thing is, World Showcase was designed very well so the buildings themselves don't need to be changed. While I'd like to see attraction additions as much as anyone, I don't think it's fair to say World Showcase is neglected.

puntagordabob

Interesting Blue Sky topic! Like the expansion beyond the berm.... would sort of like to see TSI itself remain similar to what it is (or maybe Pirates since its similar with forts and such)...adding access somehow that would still allow the riverboat to cruise the ROA would be awesome.... I would not be happy with anything removing the Country Bears, nor removing the riverboat ride....

Choodles

The thing is, World Showcase was designed very well so the buildings themselves don't need to be changed. While I'd like to see attraction additions as much as anyone, I don't think it's fair to say World Showcase is neglected.

I meant as far as new pavilions and rides.

IWant2GoNow

This is true but there has been a recent push to move this project further. Also, along with TSI we may be saying goodbye to some bears that have been around since the beginning.

Awwww man... I'm torn. If CBJ is filled with something amazing, I reluctantly say ok. But damn I would miss those bears. :(

TSI on the other hand needs something but I can't place my finger on what. I enjoy the "explore the island" feel for the kids, but I think there needs to be more things to "find" while you're exploring. I haven't been over there in a few trips because we always forget about it until it's too late and the rafts are done for the day. I don't really think TSI should have any kind of ride on it though. Seems like it would be a huge pain for maintenance unless the RoA was filled in as suggested, but I don't like that idea either. Sigh...

DisneyNut2007

Don't cry, IWant2GoNow. Whylightbulb is not an "insider" at all! He's just a big fat liar!

If anything, the least that'll happen to the Bears is that they'll get an interactive queue.

flavious27

Awwww man... I'm torn. If CBJ is filled with something amazing, I reluctantly say ok. But damn I would miss those bears. :(

TSI on the other hand needs something but I can't place my finger on what. I enjoy the "explore the island" feel for the kids, but I think there needs to be more things to "find" while you're exploring. I haven't been over there in a few trips because we always forget about it until it's too late and the rafts are done for the day. I don't really think TSI should have any kind of ride on it though. Seems like it would be a huge pain for maintenance unless the RoA was filled in as suggested, but I don't like that idea either. Sigh...

They need to expand the cave underneath the fort so it has more paths?

IWant2GoNow

They need to expand the cave underneath the fort so it has more paths?

That would be one way to do it. But I'm not sure how that would work structure-wise. I think more things to do in the fort section would be nice too. Seems like they could put some really cool NextGen stuff in there. (ie: sounds going off for the cannons, guns, etc) :shrug:

fngoofy

Anything like this is going to be a long way down the line. There have been talks of Frontierland additions for over 10 years now - and so far nothing has materialized. Fantasyland moved ahead of it, and I don't see MK getting another large attraction for a good few years after 2013.

So real quick, is the Liberty Belle permanently docked now? That bites if it is...

flavious27

That would be one way to do it. But I'm not sure how that would work structure-wise. I think more things to do in the fort section would be nice too. Seems like they could put some really cool NextGen stuff in there. (ie: sounds going off for the cannons, guns, etc) :shrug:

I thought the guns made noise at some point. They could build the expanded caves north of the fort, they wouldn't have to worry about structural issues so much at that point.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'd like to see an Adventures of Ichabod ride.... that was set in an old western town right? Or maybe in the new Storybook Circus

Slowjack

The guns in the fort do make noise. But yeah, I agree, it could use more stuff. There's lots of hard-to-find spaces on the island, they just need to have bigger payoffs for finding them.

I don't think Liberty Square really needs any additions. It's smaller than the other lands but provides a good buffer between Fantasy Land and Frontier Land.
I do think TSI could use something, I don't know what though. There's already enough pirate theming in the parks and there are only so many themes that would mesh well with an island.

Spike-in-Berlin

What guns? There are no guns in the fort anymore . At least there were none in September 2010.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom