TSI / Frontierland Addition

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
"The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" took place in a small town in colonial New York.

Ah.. well, it may still fit in Storybook Circus :) As I said before, for a 3 little pigs dark ride... People enter a huge book with the title: Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Similar to the queue line for Pooh Bear.. :)

Thrill Seeker

The thing is, World Showcase was designed very well so the buildings themselves don't need to be changed. While I'd like to see attraction additions as much as anyone, I don't think it's fair to say World Showcase is neglected.

2 brand new restaurants and a few new shops opened last year in the World Showcase... I'm just saying...

SeaCastle

:fork:

They weren't "brand new". They just replaced existing restuarants in the same location.

This isn't entirely true. The Cantina de San Angel was only a quick service restaurant, then was replaced by a table service and quick service eatery. Via Napoli didn't replace anything. Suffice to say that both restaurants were built from the ground up, so they're as new as new can be.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Ah.. well, it may still fit in Storybook Circus :) As I said before, for a 3 little pigs dark ride... People enter a huge book with the title: Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Similar to the queue line for Pooh Bear.. :)

They're not going for a Washington Irving feel in Storybook Circus, nor Thee Little Pigs.....

IWant2GoNow

The guns in the fort do make noise. But yeah, I agree, it could use more stuff. There's lots of hard-to-find spaces on the island, they just need to have bigger payoffs for finding them.

Do they? I vaguely remember this from a while back. If my memory serves me correctly (which it normally does not) didn't it sounds like sort of a faint ricochet instead of an actual gun firing?

What guns? There are no guns in the fort anymore . At least there were none in September 2010.

Last June I wasn't able to make it over so I'm not sure if they're still there or not. Wouldn't surprise me really if they took them out, but that whole island should be upgraded. I don't really think it should be changed thematically, I just feel it could have more interactivity and more hidden passages and hidden goodies to play with.

RSoxNo1

This isn't entirely true. The Cantina de San Angel was only a quick service restaurant, then was replaced by a table service and quick service eatery. Via Napoli didn't replace anything. Suffice to say that both restaurants were built from the ground up, so they're as new as new can be.

I'd maintain that this particular decision was a step backwards.

Slowjack

Do they? I vaguely remember this from a while back. If my memory serves me correctly (which it normally does not) didn't it sounds like sort of a faint ricochet instead of an actual gun firing?
This was a few months ago, so I don't remember for sure, but it's some form of gunfire. I think the only change to the guns from years past is the trigger guard. A child got a finger stuck in between the trigger and guard a while back, and so the guards were removed.

Still, the point remains, the island as a whole is due for a rework. The fort itself has the soggy feel of a patio deck that's gone too many seasons without a water sealant, and most of the other structures aren't in better shape.

bstiles

I think TSI is a waste in this point in time. That land could be used for better purpose. When I was a kid I never wanted to go over there. Now that I have 2 kids of my own and asked them if they want to go over there, they tell me no because there are no rides. When it was originally created it was a perfect piece of americana. Now most kids don't care and the same could be said about the parents.

IWant2GoNow

This was a few months ago, so I don't remember for sure, but it's some form of gunfire. I think the only change to the guns from years past is the trigger guard. A child got a finger stuck in between the trigger and guard a while back, and so the guards were removed.

Still, the point remains, the island as a whole is due for a rework. The fort itself has the soggy feel of a patio deck that's gone too many seasons without a water sealant, and most of the other structures aren't in better shape.

Excellently described! :sohappy:

Victor Kelly

Kids don't like TSI because they are addicted to xbox and playstation, and they are glued to their phones and ipods while they are in Disney. Most will never ready Mark Twain let alone know who he was.

Some adults don't like it because they have to walk a lot,it is 20% more humid than the mainland.

As an adult I like being there, it brings back fond childhood memories. I do agree that it needs TLC, and a minor attraction behind the Fort would be nice since the larger part of the island seems wasted back there.

lazyboy97o

Kids don't like TSI because they are addicted to xbox and playstation, and they are glued to their phones and ipods while they are in Disney. Most will never ready Mark Twain let alone know who he was.
I think this conventional wisdom is just an excuse. Closing up parts of the areas and letting them rot is not an invitation to play and exploration. Provide something compelling and people will respond.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think this conventional wisdom is just an excuse. Closing up parts of the areas and letting them rot is not an invitation to play and exploration. Provide something compelling and people will respond.

TSI is always a must visit for myself and my two kids. Exploring and getting about are preferable to them as opposed to standing in line after line sometimes....

Victor Kelly

What exactly is the excuse? It is a fact, look at the kids and watch them, and their parents for that matter. If it is not 3d, have an app, or goes through inversions at 60 mph, people, kids included, want nothing to do with whatever it is they are supposed to be experiencing. It is not an excuse, it is reality.

And just because something has no 3d movies, spiraling high speed attractions or an app, does not mean TSI needs to be bulldozed. I will agree as I have stated before it needs TLC. But it does not need demolition in whole or in part.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, you know what they say, one person's reality is another's load of absolute bollocks.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom