TSI / Frontierland Addition

sublimesting

They need to focus on Liberty Square. Or even add a new section that goes up and around the north of Liberty and connects behind BTMRR that is themed to classic American tall tales and legends. I think this would be a nice transition between the two areas. Pecos Bill, Paul Bunyan, John Henry, Johnny Appleseed, Western River Expansion, Legend of Sleepy Hollow etc.

devoy1701

They need to focus on Liberty Square. Or even add a new section that goes up and around the north of Liberty and connects behind BTMRR that is themed to classic American tall tales and legends. I think this would be a nice transition between the two areas. Pecos Bill, Paul Bunyan, John Henry, Johnny Appleseed, Western River Expansion, Legend of Sleepy Hollow etc.

I agree with you. Libery Square is kind of odd in its shape and weak on its attraction lineup considering how much potential it could have with American Folklore. Would love to see something Sleepy Hollow related and I think it would go nicely with HM if they continued with a "spooky but fun" attraction in close proximity to it. Utilizing the old keel boat dock and continuing it around the Haunted Mansion would allow them to utilize the area to the NW of the Mansion. I'm sure they didn't think of it them, but looking at the map now it would have been nice if the Mansion's show building swung more to the West closer to the river bank then to the East so there could have been a pass-through and between isaw and HM which would have opened up to that plot behind the mansion.

flavious27

Of course it does! 'Cause I said it!:lol:

And to further clarify:

Three more points:
- Big Thunder isn't going anywhere.
- My info would suggest that the attraction on the island isn't anything like HK's Grizzly Mountain. Think more DCA-ish.
- The whole thing is still just a concept, and as I said, may never show up anywhere but the next Imagineering coffee-table book.

Lee, I hope you have registered at every wdw/disney, your word seems to be taken as fact. :wave:

If they did anything with TSI, it would have to be hidden enough that it does not infringe onto the different themes around it. With Tom Sawyer, it works with frontierland and the HM.

RunnerEd

I highly doubt it TDO won't take advantage of a clone:brick:

You're right....except Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, The Little Mermaid.....:shrug:

To me, I don't really want too many more clones, at least from California. Maybe from the overseas parks where a lot of guests can't regularly go (Journey to the Center of the Earth, Ratatoulle, etc.). I would rather have quality, unique rides for WDW to give us incentive to go to California and the California fans reason to come to Florida.

Admiral01

Premium Member
However I do agree with the expansion of the MK. Its the most visited park in the world and the main reason people go to WDW to begin with.

I'm not arguing that your statement is probably statistically accurate, but EPCOT is the main reason we go to WDW, not the Magic Kingdom. When we want MK, we go to Disneyland in California.

I am probably in the minority here, but MK at WDW is not the draw to us to visit. If not for EPCOT, we would never go to WDW. There are many people like me who visit WDW primarily for the uniqueness of EPCOT.

flavious27

We need some Flavious27 map skills here. How much space is available at MK to expand frontierland?
ED. And then I found it -

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7806/mkexpandedfl.png

my record is preceding me?

The area is like 12 or 13 acres w/o tsi.

Anything like this is going to be a long way down the line. There have been talks of Frontierland additions for over 10 years now - and so far nothing has materialized. Fantasyland moved ahead of it, and I don't see MK getting another large attraction for a good few years after 2013.

more like 2020. Any addition to frontierland is going to have transportation issues, though cost will be about the same as FLE unless they decide to make any drastic changes to tsi.

I agree in every single aspect. Frontierland is at the moment the best of all MK lands. There is no reason to change it as long as TL and AL are much more in need of a change after FL now gets the FLE.
However I would appreciate a new ride in Adventureland or at least a major refurb of the JC.

I made up a mockup of an expansion to AL, with the footprints of indy and carpets. The area is only 7 acres, but there could be 2 or 3 rides added.

arabi.png

Link to forum

Such a huge area outside the berm? I don't think so_Only if they use it for a ridebuildung with the entrance area inside the berm like PotC or the HM in DL.

Why not? There is land for it, it is not like there is a rule written in stone about the berms being a park's boundary. Look at HKDL, there expansion is primary all beyond their berm.

I will say this, though the map looks good, I just don't think this looks like a very "accessable" expansion plot. It's sooo far removed from the Hub and I think it would be difficult to find/get to for non-seasoned park guests. I don't think we would see any Frontierland expansion without some major rework/redirecting of the Rivers of America, and if that happens, I think the plot North of the Haunted Mansion would be a better candidate.

Well any expansion at MK is going to be seen as too far from the hub, but that really doesn't matter much with the WDW RR having a station in frontierland.

I was thinking this also. Alter the coastline somehow to allow a walkway around HM. It could actually have a closed loop from over near the Village Haus and go behind the iasw show building.

I would like that if they added a New Orleans theme as that walkway goes around part of rivers of america.

You're right....except Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, The Little Mermaid.....:shrug:

To me, I don't really want too many more clones, at least from California. Maybe from the overseas parks where a lot of guests can't regularly go (Journey to the Center of the Earth, Ratatoulle, etc.). I would rather have quality, unique rides for WDW to give us incentive to go to California and the California fans reason to come to Florida.

I would like to see toy story land, the ts3 blu ray does a great job explaining the concept and showing people having fun.

It's going to be vulgar and/or hard working?

Can someone overlay the footprint of Grizzly River Run on the MK park map?

flwithrapids.png

I threw kali in also.

Captain Neo

Star Tours was opened at dhs first, st:ac is an update.

Star Tours 2? It opened up both places same time. Its currently open at Disneyland its just that they decided to do FL's opening ceremony first to coincide with Star Wars Weekends and CA's will coincide with the opening of Little Mermaid and a few other major additions in 2 weeks. It was always planned as a Disneyland attraction and florida was very off and on on wether they wanted to add it.

Also, how can you call it an "update". Space Mountain and haunted mansion got an update. Star Tours is a whole new ride now.

flavious27

Star Tours 2? It opened up both places same time. Its currently open at Disneyland its just that they decided to do FL's opening ceremony first to coincide with Star Wars Weekends and CA's will coincide with the opening of Little Mermaid and a few other major additions in 2 weeks. It was always planned as a Disneyland attraction and florida was very off and on on wether they wanted to add it.

Also, how can you call it an "update". Space Mountain and haunted mansion got an update. Star Tours is a whole new ride now.

Its debut/opening/launch at dlr is in june, how is it open to the public?

BrerFrog

Whenever talks of a Frontierland expansion appeared I always thought they would have to make major landscaping changes to make those plots accessible, but a path going besides HM around RoA seems like a very good idea.

Lee

Adventurer
Star Tours was opened at dhs first, st:ac is an update.
Semantics.
DL signed on first for the ST redo. Burbank pretty much told DHS that they were gonna be doing it. (Much like Mermaid at MK.)
The only reason it opened at DHS first is because they busted a$$ to have it open for Star Wars Weekends. Plus the one in DL is a tougher jog, logistically.

whylightbulb

Agreed.
As I said, this is just as likely to end up in an Imagineering book as in the MK.
That said, I'm told there is some art to be seen if you happen to venture into the right offices....
This is true but there has been a recent push to move this project further. Also, along with TSI we may be saying goodbye to some bears that have been around since the beginning.

wdwfan4ver

I really hope Frontierland Expansion doesn't happen.

I enjoy the Riverboat ride and I really don't want to see the ride go away or the Country Bear Jamboree for that matter. Frontierland has enough E Ticket rides the way it is.

If there needs to be another ride for Frontierland, it should be a "C" or "D" ticket ride as long its not another ride for the Toy Story Franchise with it based off Woody's Roundup. I liked the two Toy Story rides at WDW, but 3 rides from one franchise sounds overkill considering other Disney & Pixar that don't have a ride or an attraction at WDW.

I would have liked to an expansion for Liberty Square if possible instead. While I like the Riverboat Ride and the Haunted Mansion, there needs to be a couple more attractions added there based on its attraction lineup like the examples sublimesting gave.

Lee

Adventurer
This is true but there has been a recent push to move this project further. Also, along with TSI we may be saying goodbye to some bears that have been around since the beginning.

Really? Hadn't heard that.
Then I guess we'll never see the Bears' "Singin' Showdown" redo.

flavious27

Whenever talks of a Frontierland expansion appeared I always thought they would have to make major landscaping changes to make those plots accessible, but a path going besides HM around RoA seems like a very good idea.

Well that would be a way to open up the area around ROA, but they are going to need to find a way to have a path for the portion between thunder mountain and the inlet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom