Truly Haunted Haunted Mansion Photo

Boo's Mom

I've gotten pictures with orbs in them taken at disney. There is a picture of my aunt feeding the ducks at Pop Century with a large orb in the fountain and an orb on her back. I have a picture of me with an orb parting my hair. I kept feeling something messing with my hair so a picture was taken and you see an orb in my hair. There is a picture on webshots of someone standing around in the rock n roller coaster courtyard and there are orbs around them.

Slipknot

Ok. So I went on the Haunted Mansion Saturday morning. I tried to mimic what many people here think a human is doing. Here is what I have come up with:

1) Not only looking back and trying to see anything past the doombuggy behind you, but looking ahead of the one in front of you (on either side) you cannot see anything past them while in a straight line like the following eyes portraits room, let alone to see someone taking a picture many doombuggies behind you.

2) After reading some of the stories over at www.doombuggies.com I decided to ask some of the CMs if they had seen any of the so called ghosts. She said she had seen the ghost in the white suit and top hat and a child-like ghost. Now I didn't mention either of those to them and they answered without any pause between my question and her answer.

But believe what you want. Just don't flip out like the government thinks you will when we are visited by aliens and ghosts are proven real. :lookaroun :lol:

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Static-X said:
Ok. So I went on the Haunted Mansion Saturday morning. I tried to mimic what many people here think a human is doing. Here is what I have come up with:

1) Not only looking back and trying to see anything past the doombuggy behind you, but looking ahead of the one in front of you (on either side) you cannot see anything past them while in a straight line like the following eyes portraits room, let alone to see someone taking a picture many doombuggies behind you.

2) After reading some of the stories over at www.doombuggies.com I decided to ask some of the CMs if they had seen any of the so called ghosts. She said she had seen the ghost in the white suit and top hat and a child-like ghost. Now I didn't mention either of those to them and they answered without any pause between my question and her answer.

But believe what you want. Just don't flip out like the government thinks you will when we are visited by aliens and ghosts are proven real. :lookaroun :lol:
Lol, thanks for the info.

raven

Main Street USA said:
Grrr. If you think I faked it then don't post in this thread anymore. I've never intentionally decieved anyone on these boards before, and I have no reason to do so.

If you've seen ghosts in real life, then goodie for you. That doesn't make you an expert on cameras. I, however, DO know something about cameras, and if you had paid attention to what you quoted, you'd see that this was a video camera with VERY LITTLE still capture capability. This camera was near the top of the line when I bought it (for consumer models) and is still extremely competitive today...

Of course, all of these things seem obvious to me, but apparently I know more about cameras then I thought I did if the average person (you) can't figure out why this picture is grainy, and of low quality.

Ok, I never said you faked it. Only said it looked fake. And I have never seen an actual ghost like you mentioned. I said I have had many experiences with them in my life. Most recently a mirror fell off the back of my closet door while I was talking to one of my friends here on the site. The funny part is that it crashed about 8 feet away on the other side of a chair that was in the way. Things like that are a little hard to explainaway in your head. I try to look at every possible reason why things like that happen but nothing practicle comes up. I've just grown to accept them.

And I guess taking photography for 4 years in high school and then working in a photo lab for 2 1/2 years means I am not educated in cameras. :animwink: I'm only giving you a hard time. I'm not being a prude or nothing. :wave:

Main Street USA

Original Poster
raven said:
And I guess taking photography for 4 years in high school and then working in a photo lab for 2 1/2 years means I am not educated in cameras/QUOTE]

I nevver said I knew you weren't. I was only making an educated guess based on your initial statement. ;)

strobe

Static-X said:

To me, it looks like a slightly over weight woman more than a kid. The fact that the Doom Buggies are rounding a bend could make this more possible than it would normally be. It seems that it would impossible to otherwise see behind you.

I always tend to turn around on rides, I don't know why I do it.

Either way, this was a neat photo, and brought up some good discussion. I am convinced that ghosts exist, however, I think this one is a curious middle-aged woman. I zoomed this back on my large format monitor, and that's the first impression I get.

Just a thought though :)

Craig

Main Street USA

Original Poster
OOooo, large format monitor. I like. Thanks for the input. It's just hard to tell. The initial impression to me was a kid, but it's just too darn grainy. The world may never know.

casualrdt

TimeTrip said:
Have you seen the manners on alot of the grown adults at Disney? You'd be surprised. And as for body language.. how in the world is it child like? How can you even get any useful body language out of a horribly pixelated monochromatic face? Everyone looks freaky when it's that dark. Have you ever watched Survivor footage when its the middle of the night?

Ok how many adults grab the side of the chairs to look back. The head is to small to be an adult. The head is to low to be an adult. The neck is too short to be an adult. To you it is a pixelated monochomatic face.... enhanced and played with you can see much more then that.

MKCustodial

Wow, a thread about a ghost back from the dead... :lol:

And I still think it's creepy, Zac. You gotta add it to your site, for when we can cruise the Haunted Mansion!

Jekyll

Agreed but if you Photoshop it there really is no light being IR being reflected. So, maybe it is and maybe it isn't. I know that's the whole point but I doubt highly that it is a fake there is something there. I'm sure we've all, over the past few months looked and looked at this pic. Of course unless someone else shows up with a similar picture we may have to just chalk this one up to.......Who knows!

-J

tigger248 said:
Wow that's creepy. :eek:

Plus, I agree that a person's face wouldn't really illuminate like that without a flash. Or would it? I wouldn't think so, simply because nothing else in the picture stands out like that, or is that bright.

It depends on teh camera. My video camera has night vision and it works by emitting infarred light which reflects back to the camera that it picks up. Real infarred goggles just magnify the light existing in the room. So if this guys camera is like most, the face of someone looking backwards would be brighter because the infarred light is bouncing off them. I've tried this and you face will light up.

Just my thoughts,
Jim

Jekyll

beauty_Belle27 said:
I'm going to crawl in bed with my mom and dad tonight.I'm definately NOT going on HM now.

LOL, the only problem is there have been rumors of real goast on the Mansion for a long time chance are you been on it with a real goast!!!!! :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom