Tropical Hideaway Construction - Tiki Room Refurbishment - Adventureland Entry Remodel

Old Mouseketeer

The lift is not feasible with all the other changes to the area, including adding tropical hideaway.

And the lift breaks down. On my last visit with my late mother ca. 2007, the lift was broken and Mr. Lincoln hadn't reopened. I didn't know about the wheelchair boat on Small World back then. Fortunately, we had a lovely lunch at Cafe Orleans (she got one last Monte Cristo) and perfect viewing of the Tiana show on the Mark Twain directly in front of us, so it was still a magical day.

The ramps are an improvement and the esthetics are fine for a retrofit. The path of entry and exit for wheelchairs is more closely aligned with that for abled guests--always preferable.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
And the lift breaks down. On my last visit with my late mother ca. 2007, the lift was broken and Mr. Lincoln hadn't reopened. I didn't know about the wheelchair boat on Small World back then. Fortunately, we had a lovely lunch at Cafe Orleans (she got one last Monte Cristo) and perfect viewing of the Tiana show on the Mark Twain directly in front of us, so it was still a magical day.

The ramps are an improvement and the esthetics are fine for a retrofit. The path of entry and exit for wheelchairs is more closely aligned with that for abled guests--always preferable.

Thank you, that lift was a temporary thing in my opinion that lasted way too long. The ramp will allow constant access without breaking down.

dweezil78

Would it blow your minds if I told you there was always a cheap looking bamboo wall there but y'all just never paid attention?

enchanted-tiki-room-disneyland-resort-magic-kingdom-anaheim-california-DDXGY3.jpg

BrianLo

I'm still struggling as this photo is completely different vantage and doesn't even looks towards the ramp. But it looks like they pushed the wall back a couple of feet as well?

My biggest issue is the lack of trees encroaching on the left. They need something taller in that plantar in the middle of the ramp.

I don't honestly think I'd notice they changed it if not for this thread, but I'm not an AP.

mickEblu

Would it blow your minds if I told you there was always a cheap looking bamboo wall there but y'all just never paid attention?

enchanted-tiki-room-disneyland-resort-magic-kingdom-anaheim-california-DDXGY3.jpg

Ok I’ll admit I wasn’t sure if there was already a bamboo wall there. Point is they re missing all of the finishing touches and doing quick fix jobs across the park. The trees etc in your picture are butted up against the bamboo wall. That doesn’t appear to be possible now that the planter is in the middle of the ramp. So that means they have to decorate the wall with a bunch of stuff and fake plants which they probably won’t to do for safety reasons.

mickEblu

I'm still struggling as this photo is completely different vantage and doesn't even looks towards the ramp. But it looks like they pushed the wall back a couple of feet as well?

My biggest issue is the lack of trees encroaching on the left. They need something taller in that plantar in the middle of the ramp.

I don't honestly think I'd notice they changed it if not for this thread, but I'm not an AP.

My biggest issue is the way the ramp looks from the Adventureland walkway which could have been fixed with a taller rock wall. Taller plants in the middle planter would help obscure the bamboo wall but I’m not holding my breath.

mickEblu

The hyperbole is real in here.

And so is the naivety.

What makes Disneyland Disneyland. The “charm” people talk about. The stuff that separates Disneyland from the MK at WDW is being erased week after week right in front of our eyes.

Disney Analyst

And so is the naivety.

What makes Disneyland Disneyland. The “charm” people talk about. The stuff that separates Disneyland from the MK at WDW is being erased week after week right in front of our eyes.

I honestly disagree with you on so many levels, but that's fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom