• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Tropical Hideaway Construction - Tiki Room Refurbishment - Adventureland Entry Remodel

Disney Irish

Yes, they used to have it in that general area...I think there were some round tall tables there at one point,
So are you saying that Disneyland construction walls have displaced Pin Traders? :eek:

Why is there not more outcry for that?!? We're losing the charm of the Pin Trading area....

;):p:cool:

Anyways, they should setup a new area (or re-setup the old area once construction walls come down).

SuddenStorm

Advertisement
Every once in a while I see a cool pin for an attraction I like, and I'm tempted to bite.

But then I think for a sec and decide that's a floodgate best left closed. Those suckers are expensive! I cringe whenever I see lanyards full of em.

Ismael Flores

At least she is in a nook instead of blocking the entrance like most adult strollers do.
a couple weeks ago, this man on one of those motorized chairs actually stopped right in the middle of the walkway between the dole whip line, the shop and bathroom area. it was right in the middle. he got up and then walked like ten feet to the bathroom. I was about to tel him to move it when someone else called him an idiot and thenturned on the movile thing and moved it towards the edge of the walkway.

its amazing how brainless people can be

Ismael Flores

Yes, they used to have it in that general area...I think there were some round tall tables there at one point,
yes i remember they used to be on the opposite side next to a pin cart. it used to hide the small pathway that connected with the new small theater and meet and greet next to castle

Stevek

Every once in a while I see a cool pin for an attraction I like, and I'm tempted to bite.

But then I think for a sec and decide that's a floodgate best left closed. Those suckers are expensive! I cringe whenever I see lanyards full of em.
We only buy pins as a souvenir from a trip...for example, we went to WDW and bought a pin from each park and one from the hotel. Nothing beyond that though.

mickEblu

They may as well stop calling it a park. Welcome to stroller parking, tank sized motorized cart accommodating, path to Star Wars Land World

mickEblu

I'm a poorly re-done Adventureland / Frontierland waterway away from throwing In the towel. Someone call me when these bums running things are gone.

mickEblu

Do you think they got that bamboo fence at Home Depot or Lowes? Probably at Orchard on clearance since they're going out of business.

Disney Irish

Little by little they re chipping away at what makes Disneyland Disneyland. Fools.
They may as well stop calling it a park. Welcome to stroller parking, tank sized motorized cart accommodating, path to Star Wars Land World
I'm a poorly re-done Adventureland / Frontierland waterway away from throwing In the towel. Someone call me when these bums running things are gone.
Do you think they got that bamboo wall at Home Depot or Lowes? Probably at Orchard on clearance since they're going out of business.

Hyperbolic much... ;):p:cool:

Come on its not that bad. Things have to change. There was no way around it. Even if SW:GE didn't come to the park they would have had to make a lot of these changes anyways due to crowd sizes.

mickEblu

Hyperbolic much... ;):p:cool:

Come on its not that bad. Things have to change. There was no way around it. Even if SW:GE didn't come to the park they would have had to make a lot of these changes anyways due to crowd sizes.
Sure things change but do you mean to say you think this is the best they can do ? An unsightly ramp to the immediate left of the marquee? A Home depot bamboo fence?

Disney Irish

Sure things change but do you mean to say you think this is the best they can do ? An unsightly ramp to the immediate left of the marquee? A Home depot bamboo fence?
Do I think it could be better, of course. But with limited amount of space and specific requirements needed for a ramp there wasn't a lot they could do.

Its a 1955 park trying to be updated to 2018 times.

Disney Irish

...and they're doing a poor job.
You've said the ramp is unsightly and earlier said why didn't they hide it with a wall. Imagine how you'd feel if you were a person in a wheelchair having to first ask where the ramp was (because its hidden), and then having to go behind a wall to get to the ramp. You'd feel like a second class citizen because people want the ramp and "those" people hidden. As someone with people in my family that are wheelchair bound, that is how I feel when I hear "it should be hidden by a wall".

Top Bottom