TRON Lightcycle Overlay coming to WDW Monorails

Sorcerer Jen

I don't like this AT ALL to be honest. I love the Monorail's the way they are and they are truly iconic. I think it'll look really tacky :hurl:

However Disney may surprise me and make them look amazing, guess we'll just have to wait and see!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
If they went with sleek black monorails with lightcycle-style highlights, that would be something I could get behind...

I agree with this. I'm not hugely opposed to the idea, maybe because I like Tron to begin with and hope that if the movie does well, we'll see some actual attractions come out of it.

Those photoshop pics aren't too impressive though, I'll wait until I see them in person.

HMF

Hibbert: Homer, this is your physician, Dr. Julius Hibbert. Can you
tell us what it's like in there?
Homer: Uh...it's like...did anyone see the movie "Tron"?
Hibbert: No.
Lisa: No.
Marge: No.
Wiggum: No.
Bart: No.
Patty: No.
Wiggum: No.
Ned: No.
Selma: No.
Frink: No.
Lovejoy: No.
Wiggum: Yes. I mean -- um, I mean, no. No, heh.

imagineer boy

You know, I'm super psyched for the new tron movie, but I'm really sick of the monorail decorations. I prefer the monorails to be just plain as they are.

I will say this though. I prefer it to the balloons and the YOAMD fairy puke.

Texas84

I love it. And it is temporary.

The trailer gave me chills. I don't mind admitting I saw the first movie IN THE THEATRE! :D

the-reason14

Im not a fan of tron, I've honestly never seen it and probably wont see this new one coming out, but I like the design. They already did this to the monorail with the stitch stuff back in 2005 and the year of a million dreams graffiti looking crap. Atleast this one looks pretty good, better than the other two.

hazelrah

I love it. This is the best monorail wrap so far.

For some reason, I don't consider this to be a thematic nightmare, like the Castle cake. The castle has a story and a time and a place, and I hated when they messed with it. The monorails are just public transportation, and it's just a couple monorails, and it's temporary anyway until we get the "Tangled" wrap or the "Year of Celebrating Your Dream Giving."

janoimagine

Im sorry guys (and gals), I love Tron, one of my all time favorite sci-fi films, grew up having the light cycle toys, playing the arcade game at the video arcades, but I hate this overlay ... both from a design standpoint ... and from a marketing standpoint. In my opinion it is too much. Billboards on the busses and posters in the parks yes, but taking a park icon like the monorail and whoreing it out to be nothing more than a mobile billboard? I think it goes to far, but that is just my opinion.

hrcollectibles

In my opinion that looks horrible... Of course this is coming from someone who is not a fan of Tron... But the design looks gawdy.... :hurl:
What else will they promote on the side of it? When the new Pirates movie comes out will we see a pirate ship design..... Disney monorails are not mobiel billboards

Figment1986

You know what, this looks really cool in concept, The monorails are like toast, maybe as Tight as Toast. both can be desocrated and look like anything, even stuff that doesnt look right for a while.

It looks better than the Year of a Million Dreams concept did to me anyway.

calicommando

I'm not a big fan of the monorails being a billboard, HOWEVER I think the design looks better than the current design. So hopefully when this campaign is over, they will get rid of "TRON" and leave a sleek, refreshed looking monorail!

HMF

Apparently they haven't learned from this.
yoamd_monorailwdw2007.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom