TRON Lightcycle Overlay coming to WDW Monorails

Exprcoofto

Original Poster
Disney Parks Blog said:

Nope, your eyes are not deceiving you…that’s a light cycle from the Tron universe on our “highway in the sky.” And today, we’re sharing a first look at the attention-grabbing art coming to the Walt Disney World Resort.

The transformed trains will be visible on the Epcot monorail line as early as this month. And if you look close, you’ll notice that the design of the futuristic motorcycle-like vehicles from the upcoming film Tron: Legacy also includes walls of trailing colored light.

Tron: Legacy is a 3D high-tech adventure set in a digital world that’s unlike anything ever captured on the big screen. The film is scheduled to hit theaters on December 17. But there will be more updates to come before then so keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for the latest.

So this is the first presence of TRON coming to the parks. I can't believe they are going to be out as early as this month.

Jasonflz

Interesting. I wonder if they will also promote it big in DTD. (considering the AMC theatre will be showing it)

sponono88

Not a big fan of dressing up the monorails for in-house advertising. They did it for the Nemo subs at DL - that was a bit fun but it still looked really strange. :shrug:

Wow! Now we know why they are cleaning them!

WTG TDO!!!! :sohappy:

Maybe I missed it, but where in the article did they mention lights on the beams?

Figment632

I like it. And I'm guessing they got the movie division to pay for the cleaning of the beams. That is commendable. :cool:

I don't think the two had anything to do with each other. SO you are excited over a moving billboard that imo is ugly??? JT you are easily impressed.

BenS

I'm really afraid this will start a trend. Will they start doing this for every big Disney movie?

I normally don't mind in-park advertising, but the monorails are really iconic. It's like slapping a billboard on Cinderella Castle. (ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but still)

At least it won't be all the monorails. How many monorails are usually on the Epcot line?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom