TRON Lightcycle Overlay coming to WDW Monorails

PhantomX

This is EXACTLY what im talking about. It would be amazing if we get a TRON ride or even a whole themed land! TRON, Captain EO, Dreamfinder, Iron Man..these are the charecters that represent what Epcot Center is all about.

Figment632

This is EXACTLY what im talking about. It would be amazing if we get a TRON ride or even a whole themed land! TRON, Captain EO, Dreamfinder, Iron Man..these are the charecters that represent what Epcot Center is all about.

picard-facepalm.jpg

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Well...congratulations. Now WDW has just as tacky looking monorails as Vegas. :lol::lookaroun

WDW1974

Wouldn't it be nice if Disney put as much effort into maintaining and cleaning the fleet as it does to them up for whatever marketing asks?

devoy1701

I think it makes the Monorails look kind of sleak actually. This will be nice to see these 2 on the Epcot line. Our monorails look so dated and tacky compared to DLs...then again the balloons might have something to do with it.

jt04

I think it looks cool. I get tired of the "plain old monorail" motif. :snore:

Disneyland has the right idea with their new monorails. :)

RiversideBunny

Be glad there isn't a Disney movie called 'Oscar Meyer' that they are trying to promote.
If there were, the monorails would look like flying wieners.

:cool:

devoy1701

Going back to my earlier post, this is the old DL Monorail Red dressed up for the Nemo Subs grand opening:

nemoceremonysubmonorail.jpg

that's kind of silly....especially to promote an attraction that is in the same park... seems like pointless advertising since the people who would see the advertisement were already more than likely going to the park.

lazyboy97o

The "Nemorail" idea was interesting and played off of the somewhat similar shapes of the submarines and monorails. This in no way meshes with the design of the monorails. It is just a light cycle tacked onto the side of monorails that are now solid blue with a big color gradient down each side. If they're going to do this, they should do it right. Instead of just using the monorails as an oddly shaped billboard, redo these two monorails to look like they just came out of the movie.

jt04

The "Nemorail" idea was interesting and played off of the somewhat similar shapes of the submarines and monorails. This in no way meshes with the design of the monorails. It is just a light cycle tacked onto the side of monorails that are now solid blue with a big color gradient down each side. If they're going to do this, they should do it right. Instead of just using the monorails as an oddly shaped billboard, redo these two monorails to look like they just came out of the movie.

There is no 'if', they have already started this fantastic design overlay. I could see folks fussing over the puke overlay they did, but this is cool and a big hit (I predict) with the folks this is being marketed towards.

WDWFigment

Are they going to turn Cinderella Castle into a giant Tron-cake? Opps, better not give anyone anymore bad ideas. Looks like there are already plenty with this monorail overlay.

I am not a fan; I think they're worse than the YOMD and other celebrations stuff. Additionally, I think Disney might be marketing this hard because its not sure that $300 million+ was not money well spent on a sequel to a 20 year old movie about computers that only has a cult following. That, or maybe they're expecting it to be huge...either way, I don't think that kind of overlay to the monorail is appropriate.

mickey2008.1

i think it looks horrible. im sure the busses are next. Should spend more time on fixing things properly, EE, and quit ruining good things. Im all for change, but this is too extreme for disney.

Brian_WDW74

The change is a bit extreme. But it kinda sorta fits with the theming of Epcot. As long as the overlay is kept to the 2 or 3 monorails on the Epcot loop and the other 8 or 9 monorails remain untouched, I'm fine with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom