TRON Lightcycle Overlay coming to WDW Monorails

DisneyLeo18

I'm really afraid this will start a trend. Will they start doing this for every big Disney movie?

I normally don't mind in-park advertising, but the monorails are really iconic. It's like slapping a billboard on Cinderella Castle. (ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but still)

At least it won't be all the monorails. How many monorails are usually on the Epcot line?

Oh come one, its not like they built a giant sorcerer's hat in the middle of DHS. :lookaroun

EpcotServo

I am against Monorail Advertisements usually, but YES PLEASE. That is AMAZING. I WANT THAT RIGHT NOW.

I mean good grief, it's the perfect fit. IT WON'T BE ON ALL THE TRAINS. It only runs the EPCOT LINE, which will look SLEEK and Ultimate Cool gliding over Epcot.

This is the kind of special stuff we complain Disney World doesn't do enough people! No wonder they keep everything the same around here, the way this board acts when something cool and temporary does happen.

RiversideBunny

It could be that the Disney movie people funded the paint jobs instead of the Parks Division.
Different budget.

The Parks gang could have said, 'Why not, if you're going to pay for it'.

:)

Monorail Lime

eh... I'm not opposed to monorail advertising in principle but these are kind of ugly in my opinion. Blue and yellow are not sleek colors and the gradient effect is downright tacky. Hopefully the actual art will be slightly better than these photoshop mock-ups.

If they went with sleek black monorails with lightcycle-style highlights, that would be something I could get behind...

Little Princess

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

Now they're going to do this when every single movie needs to be promoted! UGHHHHHH. Why cant we just stick with the originals? Not make everything an advertisement for some movie?!
:brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick:

ms7479a

I don't mind the color scheme. I think that makes them look pretty sleek and modern. However, I don't like the fact that it says Tron and has a motorcycle on it. That just makes it a little too tacky for my taste.

captainkidd

Hate hate hate it. This is the type of crap I can't stand. The monorails are sacred and should be left alone - Period.

Disney never learns. They screwed with the castle - Disaster. They screwed with Alien Encounter - Disaster. They screwed with the TTA - Disaster. Not everything has to be a marketing ploy. I just pray these stick only from the TTC to Epcot. Can you imagine one of those going by the Grand Floridian? Give me a break.

degunter

Not a fan, but OK

I am not a fan, but it's not that bad. At least it is only temporary and not like some of the other things they have done... like the wand, the hat, or turning the castle into a cake, which in my opinion had to be the worst decision ever made.

I can deal with the TRONorails for this year...

trentino

At first I thought this looked cool but then the closer I looked at it and the more I think about the precedence it sets -- I think it's tacky.

BUT... I can't help but think that the recent Epcot monorail beam refurbishing and this must be related. Perhaps WDW used the money from Disney Pictures to pay for the cleaning. If that's the case then... good plan!!

WDW Vacationer

I'm reserving judgement until I see a monorail using one. Also,I thought these were not allowed. I seem to recall it being one of the consequences of the crash.

End of line.:lookaroun

Exprcoofto

Original Poster
I'm not going to judge it until I see it next month. I'm not a fan of our monorails in general, so this isn't really effecting my view on the TRON overlay.

end of line :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom