TRON Lightcycle Overlay coming to WDW Monorails

captainkidd

why do you care anyways..will you be visiting WDW during this time? is this going to "ruin your vacation"? seriously? the monorail is a mode of transportation like any of the other modes of transportation on property. it's not like this is a permanent change. what this will do is create some buzz about the movie...i would love to see this movie become the next big franchise....or are you happy with princess and stitch excess?

and no..your ridiculous statements about ad's on the castle ain't gonna happen.

Well, yes, I will be visiting during this time, but that's besides the point. I care for the same reason other posters who have made this thread 15 pages long care - It's about Disney and I have an opinion. Last time I checked, this was a discussion board about Disney.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
EDIT: Also I love how so many people here are promoting double standards. Buses are used all the time for promotions, every single resort bus is covered inside and out with billboards and advertisements about Disney shows, movies, and attractions. But don't dare touch a monorail, cause its different............somehow.:brick:

To me, even though they are both used for transportation, there is a huge difference between the monorails and buses. In my mind, and in many other people's minds, the monorails are a WDW icon. How many pins, shirts, and WDW advertisements do you see incorporating the WDW buses? The actual look of the monorails, including the paint scheme, has been associated with WDW for years now. Those monorails are something special that makes Disney unique. The buses do not have nearly the same affect.

It's not a double standard when the two things being discussed are clearly different, not only in the eye of the fans, but the Disny Corp as well.

captainkidd

To me, even though they are both used for transportation, there is a huge difference between the monorails and buses. In my mind, and in many other people's minds, the monorails are a WDW icon. How many pins, shirts, and WDW advertisements do you see incorporating the WDW buses? The actual look of the monorails, including the paint scheme, has been associated with WDW for years now. Those monorails are something special that makes Disney unique. The buses do not have nearly the same affect.

It's not a double standard when the two things being discussed are clearly different, not only in the eye of the fans, but the Disny Corp as well.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

SMRT-1

Well, yes, I will be visiting during this time, but that's besides the point. I care for the same reason other posters who have made this thread 15 pages long care - It's about Disney and I have an opinion. Last time I checked, this was a discussion board about Disney.

really?! i thought this was a forum about baking..boy, do i feel silly. :lol:

you didn't answer my question if your happy about princess and stitch excess. let me ask you this..are you satisfied with marketing campaigns only geared toward 7 year old girls? are you satisfied with stitch being plastered everywhere? :D

captainkidd

you didn't answer my question if your happy about princess and stitch excess. let me ask you this..are you satisfied with marketing campaigns only geared toward 7 year old girls? are you satisfied with stitch being plastered everywhere? :D

Happy? No. Could I tolerate it? Eh, I guess. I don't like Stitch anyways, so anything with him is annoying. But Stitch is really a perfect example. They stuck his ugly mug on the monorail, but they didn't cover the entire thing. It was an addition, albeit, an ugly one. This Tron thing is just too much. I wouldn't mind so much about putting the motorcycle things on the front, but painting the entire train those ugly colors is just too much.

I haven't liked much of the marketing in recent years - Hannah Montana, High School Musical, Stitch. However, up until now, they haven't messed with anything I considered to be iconic on a grand scale. The monorail, to me, is iconic, and this overlay is on a grand scale.

raven

I saw a front end of a solid blue monorail sticking out of the monorail barn the other night. Didn't know this was coming but now it explains my surprise.

sublimesting

It's a really pretty blue, but I don't like ads on my monorails. White is classy looking. Plus not a big Tron fan as I have never seen it and don't overly care to.

montyz81

Well the last time a monorail was wrapped in disney, new ones came within a year after the wrap was taken off. Here is hoping that will happen in Orlando. To me, it seems like it might be more cost savvy if they build 12 new trains rather then rebuild 2 cabs of a smashed up one. (fingers crossed)

PurpleDragon

However, up until now, they haven't messed with anything I considered to be iconic on a grand scale. The monorail, to me, is iconic, and this overlay is on a grand scale.

ORLY?
Disney25Castle.gif
StitchCastle_disney.jpg
icontower_epcot.jpg
disney-mgm-hat-devine.jpg

IMO the Tron overlay on the monorail is much more attractive and interesting than any of the above images.

echoscot

ORLY?
Disney25Castle.gif
StitchCastle_disney.jpg
icontower_epcot.jpg

IMO the Tron overlay on the monorail is much more attractive and interesting than any of the above images.

Wow, you kind of make a good point. Of course I never had a huge objection to the monorail job in the first place. And once TRON is out and does either good or bad it will be gone.

captainkidd

ORLY?
Disney25Castle.gif
StitchCastle_disney.jpg
icontower_epcot.jpg

I should have rephrased - They've never done anything to the iconic stuctures for the sake of marketing mass media. I have also tried to pretend the pepto-castle never existed.

palmickey420

I'm really afraid this will start a trend. Will they start doing this for every big Disney movie?

I normally don't mind in-park advertising, but the monorails are really iconic. It's like slapping a billboard on Cinderella Castle. (ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but still)

At least it won't be all the monorails. How many monorails are usually on the Epcot line?

hey it is only on the EPCOT monorails which fits perfectly with EPCOT's theme and i actually like it its great advertising

do u think they have the cm actually dress up like the tron characters:D

PurpleDragon

I have also tried to pretend the pepto-castle never existed.

I think we all have, that was the most hideous thing I'd ever seen.:p

I think we took a picture of the family in front of that castle when we went that year, it seems to have mysteriously disappeared since then. :ROFLOL:

Again, I have to state that the only people that would like this is people that are fans of tron. And to who said tron was futuristic, its not futuristic, its the world in a computer, technically its common day, just in a computer.

RoRo

I do like this overlay because its something different and its staying only on the Epcot line so its not such a big deal. I told people in school about this and no one even knew what Tron is :dazzle:!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom