News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Kman101

I think TRON fits perfectly in Tomorrowland. It's def going to change the whole esthetic of Tomorrowland but it's going to end up looking so LIT.

The look of it can't go anywhere but up. I just lol at some of the reasons people use to dislike something (I tend to agree when logic is applied, not emotions, which is ironic because I'm emotional, lol). Some people will never seem to like anything they do (and again, it's interesting what gets accepted and what doesn't). It's a shame some will never be satisified or happy with anything new. I'm not OK with change for the sake of it, as some of the changes have been, but people act as if these places are museums that can't be touched at all. Like the Coco overlay. Heaven forbid they do anything to the interior of Mexico. I imagine they know they'd need more queue space. It's not exactly a wonderful layout as it is. But nope, can't touch it. LOL.

Prince Thomas

The look of it can't go anywhere but up. I just lol at some of the reasons people use to dislike something (I tend to agree when logic is applied, not emotions, which is ironic because I'm emotional, lol). Some people will never seem to like anything they do (and again, it's interesting what gets accepted and what doesn't). It's a shame some will never be satisified or happy with anything new. I'm not OK with change for the sake of it, as some of the changes have been, but people act as if these places are museums that can't be touched at all. Like the Coco overlay. Heaven forbid they do anything to the interior of Mexico. I imagine they know they'd need more queue space. It's not exactly a wonderful layout as it is. But nope, can't touch it. LOL.
U cant go by me tho. They changed that scene in POTC and i went to pieces! LOL

Kman101

at least tron is 'originally' a disney ip - it's presence in mk makes more sense than anywhere else...
especially if/when paired with a lightcycle overlay

it'll also feel far more appreciated when the eventual something is done with it's neighbor

Really sad that we should have had a full redo of SM 9 years ago and now it's desperately in need. They need to learn how to spend money at the time instead of cutting and having to go back years later and spend even more money.

Professortango1

Tron and Space Mountain are completely different though. For some reason it seems that coasters are all lumped into one group while dark rides don't face the same scrutiny.

Show scenes make darkrides seem different. Snow White's Scary Adventures is very similar to Pinocchio's daring Journey, the difference is the show scenes and story presented. With Tron/Space Mountain, its more ambiance than show scenes and the ambiance is dark, some blue tones, stark, and voids. I'd also argue that Rockin' Rollercoaster is similar to both, just a bit more colorful and not as alien. Not all coasters are lumped together. If they built the one-time pitched outdoor Ewok Coaster in Tomorrowland when it was to have SWL added to it, I feel that the outdoor terrain coaster would be different enough from the indoor voids of space coaster Space Mountain. Tron and Space Mountain are very similar moods and looks and ride experiences. Tron's just got updated effects similar to Ghost Galaxy/Hyperspace Mountain and a different way of sitting on the coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom