News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

FullSailDan

I still remember a girl (Possibly around the age of 9 or 110) complained as she was leaving the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train that the ride was to short and sounded very irritated as a result back when I visited WDW during my Senior Trip.

People will always find issues with rides. Can't make everyone happy. I think the average wait time for mine train isn't worth it personally. I enjoy it when we magically find an open fast pass for it, or when we can sneak through in under 40 minutes. It's rare but it happens. Then again, I also consider a 2 hour wait for Peter Pan absurd, yet people love it, and keep waiting....

Professortango1

Does anything really fit the land at this point? And the only similarity to space mountain is that it’s also a coaster. I’m excited and glad it’s coming. I’d have also been happy with it in Epcot but if it doesn’t fit Tomorrowland, it doesn’t fit future world.

Coaster in the park with projection effects. Both cold/blue stark environments in the queue and launch.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I think the average wait time for mine train isn't worth it personally.

I have always said that the line moves a lot quicker than what is posted, or at least is feels a lot quicker. I can only speak for myself but that has always been my experience with it. Where a 50-60 minute posted wait for other rides will scare me aware, I consider it for the mine train because my thought is the wait will really be less.

Professortango1

Epcot is more about the *real* advancements, presented in a fantastic way. Tron is anything but real. Tomorrowland isn't purely about space - it's theme is more about fantastical views of the future, science, and technology, which Tron is somewhat.

So it sort of fits in Tomorrowland. Does not fit *at all* in Epcot.

Difference of opinion. The vintage setting or the original and modern setting of the reboot don't speak "future" to me. I think Tron could be used to explore technology at Epcot the same way that Body Wars and Cranium Command explored body sciences. Sure, the rides were fantastical, but they were also educational. Why couldn't a Tron attraction do that at Epcot? I mean heck, we already have half a Tron attraction there already with Test Track. I just don't feel modern Tron fits Tomorrowland.

FullSailDan

I have always said that the line moves a lot quicker than what is posted, or at least is feels a lot quicker. I can only speak for myself but that has always been my experience with it. Where a 50-60 minute posted wait for other rides will scare me aware, I consider it for the mine train because my thought is the wait will really be less.

I agree on this. It does move quicker than posted, but I've seen wait times posted of 2.5 hours. Even if it wound up being an hour and a half... I'm not inclined to stick it out.

Professortango1

They're still very different. The launch is what reminds me of Space Mountain the most. The rest? Not really and I haven't even ridden it. But I know it's fun to keep dismissing it. How would you feel if it came to Disneyland?

It would fit Disneyland just as badly as it would fit Magic Kingdom as it is too similar to Space Mountain and not a story about tomorrow. While the building canopy would fit in better at Disneyland with it replacing Autopia/Submarine Voyage; I'd much rather have an original E-ticket in that space.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There are plenty of rides I would deem too short... as compared to their standby wait time. So.. I don't go on the standby line when it's long. I make diligent use of FPs and showing up at the lowest-crowd-times for the ones I can't get FP for. I still haven't been on the FoP standby queue and seen the full pre-show tableau... I've only used FPs so far.

Last edited:

Kman101

It's interesting that TRON is accepted for Tomorrowland in Shanghai but not Tomorrowland in Magic Kingdom. It doesn't work both ways. It either is a poor fit or it isn't. And to me that's subjective. I don't agree it's a poor fit for Tomorrowland simply because Space Mountain is there. The launch is similar but that's where it ends for me. They're still very different but I know it's the go-to defense that it's a Space Mountain replacement. It's not a poor fit because of Space Mountain, it's a poor fit because it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland, though I don't mind it being placed there.

Personally, and I know this isn't popular, but TRON would fit Future World MUCH better.

A poor fit is Guardians into Epcot, which currently isn't getting anywhere near the attention TRON seems to be. Though I guess we all beat the horse dead initially when it was announced.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
I disagree. It's just right in length. Cost is WDI's fault. And if it revamps TL then it's in the perfect place.
We’ll agree to disagree then.

Gentlemen,

As we begin to bathe in the satisfaction of another Friday, another week completed, I felt it prudent to stop and address a serious issue here in the Tron thread. I don’t mean to make waves @EricsBiscuit - but disagreeing with @marni1971 has historically been, at best, a practice known to not work out well for most. While I certainly understand your opinion in this matter, it would be a sin of omission on my part to not present you with references of persons who disagreed with Martin in the past. Here then, in abbreviated form of course, is a small sample of such celebrities:
  • Harold Fizzul - Inventor of 6 UP Soda
  • Herr Heimlich Kersplodin - Scientist responsible for dirigible gas selection
  • Allen Sinken - Proprieter of Submarine Screen Door Superstore
  • Sven Tinkle - Creator of the Swiss Army Urinal
  • General George Custer - Pincushion
As you can see, a more disreputable cast of characters the world has not been witness to. And I’d hate to see you end up associated with this lot, mainly as you like steam trains and seem like someone quite on the level. (Editor’s Note: I also now hope you have a great sense of humor.)

By way of closing this post, I quote another:

Martin, you're actually not allowed to die. Ever.

Forum rules.

Hear! Hear!

Cheers all...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Gentlemen,

As we begin to bathe in the satisfaction of another Friday, another week completed, I felt it prudent to stop and address a serious issue here in the Tron thread. I don’t mean to make waves @EricsBiscuit - but disagreeing with @marni1971 has historically been, at best, a practice known to not work out well for most. While I certainly understand your opinion in this matter, it would be a sin of omission on my part to not present you with references of persons who disagreed with Martin in the past. Here then, in abbreviated form of course, is a small sample of such celebrities:
  • Harold Fizzul - Inventor of 6 UP Soda
  • Herr Heimlich Kersplodin - Scientist responsible for dirigible gas selection
  • Allen Sinken - Proprieter of Submarine Screen Door Superstore
  • Sven Tinkle - Creator of the Swiss Army Urinal
  • General George Custer - Pincushion
As you can see, a more disreputable cast of characters the world has not been witness to. And I’d hate to see you end up associated with this lot, mainly as you like steam trains and seem like someone quite on the level. (Editor’s Note: I also now hope you have a great sense of humor.)

By way of closing this post, I quote another:

Hear! Hear!

Cheers all...
:eek: :hilarious:

nickys

Premium Member
Just out of curiosity, why do you find that to be an issue? Seems no different to me than having Snow White's Scary Adventures and Winnie the Pooh next to each other.

Well to me, it would be because neither Pooh or Snow White was designed to be the focal point or "showpiece" ride of Fantasyland.

Whilst Space Mountain is clearly the focal point, and the showpiece ride. Having Tron next to it will have an impact on that.

That's not to say I'm not looking forward to it. The idea has grown on me, I wasn't that interested at first, because of the IP. And I'll take it where it is rather than not at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom