News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Disney Glimpses

"best" coaster or not, I see GotG as a major positive addition Epcot overall. Feel the same about Tron.
A bit more on "best":

Disney is more often than not one of the "best" at many, many things (if not the best). But that aside, people often fall in love with things that even they themselves do not view as the "best." That's the real Disney magic.

If you ask people what their favorite ride is, more often than not it's not the ride that they view as the "best" ride.

Incomudro

I've been in it twice and you know how I know it's not a good coaster? Because I like it. No drops and no airtime is what coaster fans dislike. As someone who hates those things it's my kind of ride.
I don't think we can really judge a coaster like this by the criteria other coasters are judged.
I guess it can be judged alongside enclosed, themed coasters.
Even there, these things differ in there approach and goals.

Disney Analyst

"best" coaster or not, I see GotG as a major positive addition Epcot overall. Feel the same about Tron.

I would also add, this never needed to be the "Best" coaster, which is subjective at best.

This needed to be long, high capacity, with some thrill, and impressive views. It nails all those points IMO. Especially considering it is allegedly the longest indoor coaster in the world.

bhg469

I don't think we can really judge a coaster like this by the criteria other coasters are judged.
I feel like all themed coasters should be kind of grouped equally. they are mostly all great though. Between all the Orlando parks in glad they are all pretty ridable for all of them even for a chicken like me.

Casper Gutman

Posters keep claiming that GotG should get extra coaster-points for “theming,” but even many of its champions admit the theming on the ride is a lackluster afterthought that misses the point of the IP. There really is nothing wrong with just enjoying the physical sensation of a ride. Whether that qualifies it as one of the best rides at WDW…

Casper Gutman

I would also add, this never needed to be the "Best" coaster, which is subjective at best.

This needed to be long, high capacity, with some thrill, and impressive views. It nails all those points IMO. Especially considering it is allegedly the longest indoor coaster in the world.
I don’t think even Disney is claiming it’s the longest indoor coaster, they’re claiming it’s “one of” the longest coasters - which means they don’t believe it is the longest. I don’t personally know of a longer indoor coaster, however.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don’t think even Disney is claiming it’s the longest indoor coaster, they’re claiming it’s “one of” the longest coasters - which means they don’t believe it is the longest. I don’t personally know of a longer indoor coaster, however.

According to the Internet Roller Coaster database it is the longest indoor coaster. It is the 9th longest steel coaster overall and the longest indoor one.

yensidtlaw1969

I have found it odd that they haven't committed to it being the longest.
I have to assume they know something we don't. There's no good reason they wouldn't call it the longest if they believed it was, and every good reason to call it the longest if they did.

You don't tell people you made it to the Top 5 when you actually came in 1st Place, you know?

No Name

My only theory is that because it’s not the longest in terms of duration, and Revenge of The Mummy is “longer”, this was the result of compromise during arbitration with Universal.

Probably not true but it’s the only thing that would make sense to me.

Nice update..

As thought, they have unboxed the new foundations and wall by the tunnel..
They will probably add the wooden frame for the new curved wall under people mover this week or next week.

They have still half the drop-curved wall to frame and pour concrete to finish it.

At the back, they are still working on the wall next to the hangar.. I think they are pouring the concrete there before moving on to the small wall next to it circling the canopy pillar..

They have started the frame for the small low wall for the "garden" next to the tunnel..
they are really into the final touches before starting cosmetic work..
Hopefully all finish by the end of the month!

I am not sure, but it really looks like the small building at the back is moving along nicely..
It would be good to get pictures from the fantasyland side.....

About the entrance... still working slowly on those transparent plexi added to the skeleton of the internal frame..

And sadly... NOTHING going on on the tomorrow light and power building.

Who thinks this attraction will open next October/November?
I am hoping for an announcement on 9th of July for TRON 40th anniversary... perhaps at least mentioning Fall 2022 or Winter 2022 or 2023, and then a specific date on D23 event.

ToTBellHop

According to the Internet Roller Coaster database it is the longest indoor coaster. It is the 9th longest steel coaster overall and the longest indoor one.

I find it very strange that they are not claiming the "longest indoor roller coaster on earth" award loudly and proudly. They obviously have it by a long-shot. If we believe that length, it is also the longest coaster in Florida.

Disney Glimpses

I find it very strange that they are not claiming the "longest indoor roller coaster on earth" award loudly and proudly. They obviously have it by a long-shot. If we believe that length, it is also the longest coaster in Florida.
They sell the experience, not the technology. Almost all of Disney's E-tickets are the first use of that technology.

JMcMahonEsq

For a large measure in this sue first, ask questions later mindset, its generally safer to not market items based upon objective criteria. Biggest, Fastest, Longest can be subject to interpretation, and suit which lets face it Disney is a deep pocket that would typically have to settle cases out of court for nuisance value.

As for the ride itself, we got to ride it 2 (and a couple of us 3 times) on Sunday and everyone thought it was an amazing ride. The experience itself will market the ride. Disney never has been a park looking for extremes. It seeks to market to the mass market/most people possible. Marketing like Highest Coaster, Fastest Coaster, Most inversions, are for parks like Six Flags, or Cedar Knowes that are looking for Roller Coaster enthusiasts. Thats why people go to those parks. Disney doesn't need to market for that crowd, but also likely doesn't want to. While some people want to ride the fastest or highest roller coaster, you will get multiple people who say "That ride is faster than X....I am not going on that." or "That ride is higher than Y, thats too high for the kids yet"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom