News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

G00fyDad

This is a very popular view for people accidentally going the wrong way on World dr.

Wait'll I tell you how much backstage was visible from the Skyway.
Not just the Skyway. When we rode the bus to and from Magic Kingdom we would see the back of Galaxy's Edge. Let's just say Black Spire Outpost left a little bit to be desired when seeing it from that angle. Many of those spires sticking up are just simply the tip of a spire on a stick. ☹️

corran horn

I rode it many times. And the view wasn’t as ugly or unthemed as this.
Then I'm sure you're aware it was inside the park rather than in one of the outroads.

Look at those beauties in the background left and right!

1667334653202.png

corran horn

It certainly looks spartan, but it's not close to what you can see of TRON under certain conditions in the park.
it's been well-covered here and I actually took pics and showed people about 3-400 pages ago. I agree from Storybook Circus it looks bad from certain angles. From World Drive? I don't count that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
it's been well-covered here and I actually took pics and showed people about 3-400 pages ago. I agree from Storybook Circus it looks bad from certain angles. From World Drive? I don't count that.
Obviously others do. Space Mountain did.

Skyway showed empty rooftops where the access and HVAC had purposely been concealed. The current mess on World Drive - and the view for the thousands arriving for their first time via monorail - is at best a lack of understanding. At worst, lazy.

Last edited:

corran horn

This is what I was going to say. It's not just a backstage road; it's the view from one of their deluxe hotels.

That's a picture I took in Feb of 2021. From the perspective of someone who actually looked for a reason to have it be obtrusive.

1667339272006.png

"look directly" is doing a lot of work here.

UNCgolf

That's a picture I took in Feb of 2021. From the perspective of someone who actually looked for a reason to have it be obtrusive.

View attachment 676183

"look directly" is doing a lot of work here.

That's at night, though. I think it's worse during the day, although that may not be true anymore considering someone said they have giant flood lights on the outside of the building at night now.

Regardless, I think the actual issue is that Disney used to care about this stuff far more than they do now. It's not just TRON.

sedati

Not just the Skyway. When we rode the bus to and from Magic Kingdom we would see the back of Galaxy's Edge. Let's just say Black Spire Outpost left a little bit to be desired when seeing it from that angle. Many of those spires sticking up are just simply the tip of a spire on a stick. ☹️
I can't believe they let you see that kind of "Backstage Magic" for free.

James Alucobond

That your eye is naturally drawn left toward the castle during a firework show centering on the castle does not mean that there’s not also an unthemed warehouse now situated adjacent to what was once a meticulously themed view of Space Mountain. That the value of the view has been eroded is undeniable.

corran horn

That your eye is naturally drawn left toward the castle during a firework show centering on the castle does not mean that there’s not also an unthemed warehouse now situated adjacent to what was once a meticulously themed view of Space Mountain. That the value of the view has been eroded is undeniable.
Have you seen it from BLT or are you just being offended on their behalf? I've actually stood on the roof and tried to anger myself intentionally.

James Alucobond

Have you seen it from BLT or are you just being offended on their behalf? I've actually stood on the roof and tried to anger myself intentionally.
I was last there in 2020 before the closure and was not a fan. Admittedly, I don’t think it was blue at that point, but photographs have not convinced me that mitigates the appearance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom