News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

ULPO46

The original plan had a futuristic looking entrance to Flynn’s Arcade. But the aesthetic would have made Tomorrowland look like Yesterdayland. Also the fact that the old arcade at Space Mountain serves as that attractions exit made it a little bit of a logistical nightmare to scrap those plans early on in the development of the copy from Shanghai.

J4546

IN shanghai, they have a lounge area building between where our bathroom building is and the main tron building, maybe later they can make an addition and put in some kind of lounge/arcade/something

IMDREW

Hmmm…haven’t seen anything similar in ours, right?
Well, if you look at the entrance to the ride, to the left of that, there are openings in the white shades. Those would lead to the lockers. Looks to be the same as Shanghai to me. Thats also where that little shop was located where you exit the ride from (that one is inside the building), into the locker area.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photos from today -

31E30EB9-A310-4280-B3FC-8719EBA7A998.jpeg
F49CB148-392C-4EF1-896D-B6C8F513994B.jpeg
1A69A654-D5FE-4B73-8CF2-5687C9A1C7F5.jpeg
37C1EC54-15FE-4A8A-B45D-483712F7A558.jpeg
0CC47FFB-BF75-4051-8BAD-39796812D27D.jpeg
CAC5372F-7D4D-4EB6-B846-DC9034658A8B.jpeg
EB33EEF7-F3CA-4DA3-BCF6-AB726C32FCEE.jpeg
1A951B51-F5E1-4A36-B38D-A12C12A2332F.jpeg

G00fyDad

Why are they only paving half the open walkway? Shouldn't they pave out this entire area for traffic flow? Why constrict this? Or am I looking at it wrong? I don't work in construction after all so maybe they are doing something different but it tooks like they set the forms only half way across.
Untitled.jpg

Patcheslee

Why are they only paving half the open walkway? Shouldn't they pave out this entire area for traffic flow? Why constrict this? Or am I looking at it wrong? I don't work in construction after all so maybe they are doing something different but it tooks like they set the forms only half way across.
View attachment 676126
They were doing different pours closer to the ride to create a pattern. Maybe they intend the same here.

lazyboy97o

View attachment 676126
At a minimum, you can’t pour everything all at once. You need joints in the concrete to prevent undesired cracking.

Beyond that, any sort of different colors, or materials would require different pours.

J4546

Maybe so they can tear down that wall and put a less obtrusive fence divider between track and building.....maybe
View attachment 676126

TQQQ

Maybe so they can tear down that wall and put a less obtrusive fence divider between track and building.....maybe
No.....There's a pattern in the concrete and it's just a result of the way they are pouring it to match the rest of the paving.......see picture below with the different colored narrow "strips" in between

Thats how they poured these sections too.....the bigger grey sections were done first with the small gaps or strips in between and then the lighter sections, or strips if you will, after....i think they are expansion joints

1667323142668.png

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

No.....There's a pattern in the concrete and it's just a result of the way they are pouring it to match the rest of the paving.......see picture below with the different colored narrow "strips" in between

Thats how they poured these sections too.....the bigger grey sections and then added the narrow lighter sections after....i think they are expansion joints

View attachment 676157
The lighter sections are not themselves expansion joints.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom