• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Advertisement
Either my esteem of GOTG & Tron has shot up, or my esteem of battle escape has dropped. Probably the latter. :(
Guardians had a pretty much out of control cost that’s been reigned in. Even under control it is a considerable figure.

dennis-in-ct

That's a good question. I know what the MK version cost is. It is a very large sum, only currently eclipsed by the Guardians of Epcot project.
I thought the whole point of building the same attraction in multiple parks was to make the rides more affordable. I would think the MK version would be much cheaper than Shanghai due to the existing engineering and building plans - etc

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
I thought the whole point of building the same attraction in multiple parks was to make the rides more affordable. I would think the MK version would be much cheaper than Shanghai due to the existing engineering and building plans - etc
The MK budget would include site prep and clearing, additional designs unique for the MK like access, wages, materials priced in US dollars and the like. I dare say it also includes some if not all of the speedway project. At least I’d hope it does.

lazyboy97o

You cannot use a design for one country in another. Any savings are in knowing the show the configuration but there is still a lot of design work involved. Labor and materials in the US are also more expensive.

britain

Still can’t wrap my head around Tron being more expensive than “kitchen sink, rock work galore, hundred+ AAs, new gold standard of eTicket” battle escape.

Or was that just GOTG cost, not Tron’s?

Or is the price of battle escape cut in half because Disneyland and WDW are sharing the costs?