News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Touchdown

Always a dangerous thing... trying to define what is and what is not a roller coaster... you'll be hard press to find an answer that 100% of the community will agree 100% on...

I know coaster enthusiasts can’t agree (we can’t agree on much) but I feel my criteria I listed is reasonable. For my own count I use the “know one when I see/ride one” criteria but that’s me.

gerarar

Premium Member
Found a pic update on Reddit..

bclane

I was bored today, so using @EricsBiscuit picture from about a week ago, I decided to add on what the big blue box would look like from the outside of the park. I don't have many photoshop skills so it's a bit rough, but it gives you an idea.

View attachment 399254
It’s amazing how, just like with GotG, it practically blends in with the sky!

But all jokes aside, I can’t wait to ride it. TRON ftw!

Monorail_Red_77

I believe that. They probably weigh a good 100#, right? Is the gap in the track a newer thing and installed to avoid the manual strain you described? This was maybe 7 or 8 years ago.
The gap in the track is right near the start line “bricks” that is how they get the cars off the track and into the garage area. Usually there is a piece of removable track in there so the cars can stay on the track. Shown in the blue circle, right around that area you can see the yellow lines they use to get the cars to the garage pit area.

70AFC270-10A1-46BA-B40F-977E355D1FAA.jpeg

Surfin' Tuna

I was bored today, so using @EricsBiscuit picture from about a week ago, I decided to add on what the big blue box would look like from the outside of the park. I don't have many photoshop skills so it's a bit rough, but it gives you an idea.

View attachment 399254
Remember all those people who said it would only very slightly affect sightlines? Heartbreaking seems too strong a word, but the things they are doing now sure seem close to that.

britain

It's bad but TBH I was prepared for worse... kind of shows how big Space Mountain actually is.

Yeah but Space Mountain was designed to own the horizon, and for you to not have any grip on scale - no telltale architectural affordances. The spires stretch into infinity. It's not supposed to be another building on the street, even if it's still the tallest one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom