News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

EricsBiscuit

Maybe I’m not a big Disney fan like other people but certain things like this don’t bother me. I understand why people are mad about the GOTG box at Epcot but I don’t see how this is going to be very visible besides the canopy is going to be hiding some of it I believe.
The showbuilding shouldn’t be too intrusive from inside the park (which is what matters). MK’s skylines have been a cluster since day one. As much as I wish every park had perfect skylines, it won’t happen at MK.

lazyboy97o

Maybe I’m not a big Disney fan like other people but certain things like this don’t bother me. I understand why people are mad about the GOTG box at Epcot but I don’t see how this is going to be very visible besides the canopy is going to be hiding some of it I believe.
The canopy is only on one side and doesn’t even hide that side.

No Name

If anyone thinks this won’t be all that visible and all that big a deal, don’t worry, you’ll realize you’re wrong when you see it finished.

Why does the sightline from outside the park matter that much? Everest has a flat side outside the park and the show building for the Pandora attractions is obviously visible. As long as it's not visible from inside the park, it shouldn't matter that much.

Right now it’s a very good looking view and a very strong first impression from the monorail on the way to the park. It’s also a good view from throughout the MK area resorts. Tron will change that. The place should look good all around property because it’s not like your brain turns off or your wallet closes once you exit the gates.

The examples you mention are also issues, however, not nearly as severe.

Beacon Joe

Just throwing this out there as some armchair imagineering.

The entrance to the TRON ride will either be next to or will replace the Tomorrowland Light & Power Company building, right? How awesome would it be if they were to get rid of that building (which in its current form looks like something out of a 6 Flags park), and make the entrance to TRON... yes, you guessed it... Flynn's arcade, full of classic 70s and 80s consoles and pinball machines? Thereby not only restoring the glory that once was the Tomorrowland Arcade, but also bringing guests into the world of TRON appropriately through Flynn's?

gerarar

Premium Member
While everyone's focusing on EPCOT, I compared the new Tron concept art from it's initial reveal to now.

Some things I noticed:
- No more huge TRON signage at top of canopy. Now just a small logo/sign with some plants. (Bottom of new concept art)
- Railroad will be going under the canopy, but in a tunnel! I would imagine the tunnel to have some type of projections or screens, along with narration.
- Instead of a staircase (or escalators), we now have an elevated walkway going above the path to Storybook Circus, which then leads further inside the canopy and to the new entrance for TRON. You can tell that this pathway will wind under the canopy and back towards the front.
- The new concept art now also contains the showbuilding, which will seemed to be unthemed, sadly.
- Also not sure if it's just the scope of the new concept art, but the Speedway is not shown. Could be deliberate as covered by shrubs/trees as he future of it will be announced soon or at later date.

Also this will seem to be the logo for the ride, along with it's official name: Tron Lightcycle Run

Last edited:

azox

While everyone's focusing on EPCOT, I compared the new Tron concept art from it's initial reveal to now.
View attachment 400911View attachment 400912
Some things I noticed:
- No more huge TRON signage at top of canopy. Now just a small logo/sign with some plants. (Bottom of new concept art)
- Railroad will be going under the canopy, but in a tunnel! I would imagine the tunnel to have some type of projections or screens, along with narration.
- Instead of a staircase (or escalators), we now have an elevated walkway going above the path to Storybook Circus, which then leads further inside the canopy and to the new entrance for TRON. You can tell that this pathway will wind under the canopy and back towards the front.
- The new concept art now also contains the showbuilding, which will seemed to be unthemed, sadly.
- Also not sure if it's just the scope of the new concept art, but the Speedway is not shown. Could be deliberate as covered by shrubs/trees as he future of it will be announced soon or at later date.

Also this will seem to be the logo for the ride, along with it's official name: Tron Lightcycle Run
View attachment 400915

It would be neat if they do some sort of Tron lighting inside the train tunnel :)

rle4lunch

View attachment 400911View attachment 400912
Some things I noticed:

View attachment 400915

They could make the show building look like a big microchip or computer processor attached to a motherboard. We are supposed to be in a computer world after all... lol

JBIRDTO

What is that section to the right of the canopy that looks to be a tiered theming? I am not sure if that is new or just concept art. Also the reflection of the corner of the show building might be artistic interpretation or maybe the use of some sort of industrial application.

JBIRDTO

What is that section to the right of the canopy that looks to be a tiered theming? I am not sure if that is new or just concept art. Also the reflection of the corner of the show building might be artistic interpretation or maybe the use of some sort of industrial application.

Update. I realized the tiers I see is actually the edge of Space Mountain

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom