• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Bocabear

Advertisement
It's premature to say it's going to "screw up the skyline and feel of the Magic Kingdom" when it hasn't even been built yet.

Also not sure how one coaster is going to ruin the entire park for you, but I feel bad for you if it does.
I never said it would ruin the whole park for me... I also said I was glad we were getting a new attraction.
Walt Disney World has more then enough space to build any attraction within the correct thematic environment...Why they continue to just put anything anywhere baffles me... There are better solutions...
but it doesn't ruin the whole park for me...

Surfin' Tuna

Martin beat me to it, but the sight lines are going to be a huge problem when this is built. It won't ruin the whole park, but it will detract immensely from the theming of the lands. I'm excited to ride it, since I'm not going to Shanghai anytime soon. I just think the general consensus is that if you want to ruin the sight lines of the park, maybe give us a ride that's I dunno...over a minute in length? Also if you're wrapping this as some great gift for the 50th, maybe it would be nice if it was unique to WDW.

eddie104

Martin beat me to it, but the sight lines are going to be a huge problem when this is built. It won't ruin the whole park, but it will detract immensely from the theming of the lands. I'm excited to ride it, since I'm not going to Shanghai anytime soon. I just think the general consensus is that if you want to ruin the sight lines of the park, maybe give us a ride that's I dunno...over a minute in length? Also if you're wrapping this as some great gift for the 50th, maybe it would be nice if it was unique to WDW.
😂😂🙄

huwar18

I don't sit on Splash Mountain, see the castle and go "oh no, my sightlines."

That's your opinion, I'll wait to see the finished product of not only Tron, but the entire Tomorrowland redo, instead of complaining years before it's built.
I think a Tomorrowland Redo is overselling it. Imagine the same Tomorrowland just painted differently. Haha. Also, the sight-lines will be messed up when Tron is built. It is a massive building. The sight line argument reminds me of why Walt wanted the utilitidors. You are suppose to be immersed into the lands. If you see a massive futuristic building from Fantasyland, is that really immersive?

lazyboy97o

I think a Tomorrowland Redo is overselling it. Imagine the same Tomorrowland just painted differently. Haha. Also, the sight-lines will be messed up when Tron is built. It is a massive building. The sight line argument reminds me of why Walt wanted the utilitidors. You are suppose to be immersed into the lands. If you see a massive futuristic building from Fantasyland, is that really immersive?
The transition between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland has always been jarringly abrupt. This though won’t be a futuristic building on the Fantasyland side.

Bocabear

It's a lack of boundaries that harms the transition... when you looked across the hub and saw the gigantic gull-wing waterfalls and spires, it created a spectacular entry portal...the castle was the entry portal to Fantasyland, there was a sort of entry into Adventureland that now just resembles a patio pergola with some tropical just thrown on it... It would be nice to give all the lands a real sense of entry...

GlacierGlacier

The only issue I have right now with Tron is the sightlines. And even then, only one case: Fantasyland.

Standing beside Pinnochio's gives you a wonderful view of the peak of the coaster in the showbuilding, that initial block-break after the outdoor portion. It's going to be even more... impressive... once it has the full canopy on it.

HoldenC

It's just that there are so many things about this project that make no sense or just seem wrong. The things that do make sense about it just seem meh... to me. That's all. I just don't see it as being all that creative. Just my feelings.
I agree tbh. I'm not excited at all about this "coaster". I hope to be proved wrong, though.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Really? How bad is it going to be? I thought the canopy would cover most of the show building?
Think of the quintessential view of Space Mountain from Seven Seas. I’m at work at the mo so can’t post a photo.

Hopefully the canopy - for better or for worse - will mask most of the show building from the Tomorrowland concourse although it won’t cover it. That’s without the issue of the entrance being off to the side as opposed to being able to enter via the main viewpoint, the main weenie as originally envisaged.

ntn_haqqer

Wow. Just wow. Some of the negativity about a new ride (which MK hasn't seen in years...other than the mine train ride) is quite surprising. I have never ridden Tron before, but based on some of the YouTube video footage out there, it looks like a cool roller coaster ride (and this is coming from the guy who "hates" roller coasters - it's just the ones that have loops and toss you upside down is what I have a problem with....but anyways). For those who are worried about "sight lines" (personal opinion: "Who cares?") and worried about how it's going to "ruin" the view from atop Splash Mountain (personal opinion: "Are you really at the top of Splash Mountain for that long to enjoy the "view"?), here's a thought....just go to the park and have a good time. While sight lines and all that is interesting, I'm not going to MK with my family and worry about every little detail that might be out of place. I'm pretty sure Disney knows what they're doing. Think about this - MK has been around for 50 years - you would think that Disney knows a little "something something" to keep the magic going for another 50. ;):)

Top Bottom