News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
After looking at this drawing I am still wondering how are they going to route the train through the Tron attraction. Does anyone have an idea of where they are going to run the tracks through the many concrete footings they put down?

I am not somewhere where I can draw this out right now, but I would guess a smooth curve connecting the two ends of the track. Remember the footings are larger then the support post that will be connected to them so there is more room between them then it might appear.

Captain Barbossa

I find it interesting that despite all of the destruction of Tomorrowland Crossing, part of the walkway/crossing that was built and used as the temporary exit for Space Mountain last summer is still intact.

optjay

So, load/unload is to the left. what is the route to walk there? Inside, outside?

Last edited:

Unplugged

Is it just me, or does it seem like a wasted opportunity by not having the speedway pass under part of the canopy and track. At Disneyland, they have (had) a bunch of things all intertwined, which did get a little busy. However, this could have been really awesome, especially at night or if they did go with new lighting on the speedway cars as some rumors have eluded to.

Buried20KLeague

Is it just me, or does it seem like a wasted opportunity by not having the speedway pass under part of the canopy and track. At Disneyland, they have (had) a bunch of things all intertwined, which did get a little busy. However, this could have been really awesome, especially at night or if they did go with new lighting on the speedway cars as some rumors have eluded to.

The only way to do that would be if they changed the cars to electric. On a hot day with no breeze you’d have people passing out from the gasoline smell. It’s not enclosed, but it’s also not always well ventilated.

ToTBellHop

The only way to do that would be if they changed the cars to electric. On a hot day with no breeze you’d have people passing out from the gasoline smell. It’s not enclosed, but it’s also not always well ventilated.
I’m curious about the train exhaust, too. What exactly is it? I’m no expert but steam alone doesn’t leave dark marks. Only Voldemort or pollution can do that.

GlacierGlacier

I'm having a hard time understanding why anybody would be excited about this project. There is nothing ambitious about it other than the money spent on it. To each their own, I guess.
People are getting excited because it's the first new attraction added to this park since NFL's Seven Dwarfs in 2014.

People are getting excited because it's a high-speed launch coaster with a relatively unique sitting position.

People are getting excited because it's an addition to the Tomorrowland skyline.

People are getting excited because it's an indoor coaster they can see being built track-first - something that hasn't happened in WDW since Rockin'.

It may not be an ambitious or groundbreaking build, but to a park starved with new experiences like MK is, anything and everything is exciting. And this project has some very nice construction eye-candy.

ToTBellHop

People are getting excited because it's the first new attraction added to this park since NFL's Seven Dwarfs in 2014.

People are getting excited because it's a high-speed launch coaster with a relatively unique sitting position.

People are getting excited because it's an addition to the Tomorrowland skyline.

People are getting excited because it's an indoor coaster they can see being built track-first - something that hasn't happened in WDW since Rockin'.

It may not be an ambitious or groundbreaking build, but to a park starved with new experiences like MK is, anything and everything is exciting. And this project has some very nice construction eye-candy.
While I would have preferred a MK-exclusive E ticket for the 50th, this coaster will be fun and I have no plans to go to Shanghai.

It’s better than building a ride on TSI and permanently docking the Liberty Belle.

eddie104

I'm having a hard time understanding why anybody would be excited about this project. There is nothing ambitious about it other than the money spent on it. To each their own, I guess.
Why should we have to explain why we are excited for this new ride ? If your not that’s fine but don’t ruin other people joy because it’s not ambitious enough for you.

Buried20KLeague

Come on. Who doesn’t want a high dollar, visual buffet they point the wrong direction, extremely short ride time coaster that will have issues with guest body size shoved in an odd spot SORT OF in Tomorrowland??

Party pooper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom