News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Neither do I. I really think people are setting themselves up for disappointment in regards to a grandiose 50th anniversary celebration for WDW. I have no doubt the only "exciting" things for the 50th will be what was announced at last year's D23 and maybe some other toppings revealed as we get closer. But I am not expecting anything spectacular.

The only guarantees for the 50th: Cupcakes; Merchandise; Buttons.

Kman101

I always thought summer was the busy season.

Around when you went is typically a very slow time. It's one of the last remaining (but probably won't be as Disney seems to be starting Halloween even earlier). Though to be fair, last summer seemed a bit slower overall. But the parks are very very crowded, so that's why I laughed at you saying you walked onto everything. During that timeframe, I do believe that. But the rest of the year is pretty awful now. All you have to do is open the app and look at wait times through the week.

Although to be fair, looking at some Disneyland pictures I get hives just looking at the awful crowding in certain spots. Ouch.

Last edited:

Kman101

Neither do I. I really think people are setting themselves up for disappointment in regards to a grandiose 50th anniversary celebration for WDW. I have no doubt the only "exciting" things for the 50th will be what was announced at last year's D23 and maybe some other toppings revealed as we get closer. But I am not expecting anything spectacular.

Yeah. We'll get banners. Probably a bit more bling around than usual. A more park-wide celebration, but eh. They don't care. They've proven this to us. I get the 50th should be different. We know they seem to understand this, but will they? I still don't believe we'll get a night parade, despite being told a budget is there for it (I believe). If local management decides this kind of thing, we'll get scraps but maybe they'll be forced to celebrate? lol

They don't bother with the celebrations for anniversaries because people come regardless.

And I think we all know they aren't giving us things for the 50th out of the kindness of their hearts, lol. All of these things coming are things that should have come 10 years ago. But I can't blame them for wanting to market things for the 50th, even if that wasn't the idea behind them originally.

Awakening

The closer we get to the 50th, the more I have to agree; I think we already know everything we're getting. At most, we should just hope nothing else gets cut (MK Theatre), as disappointing as that is.

aladdin2007

Yeah. We'll get banners. Probably a bit more bling around than usual. A more park-wide celebration, but eh. They don't care. They've proven this to us. I get the 50th should be different. We know they seem to understand this, but will they? I still don't believe we'll get a night parade, despite being told a budget is there for it (I believe). If local management decides this kind of thing, we'll get scraps but maybe they'll be forced to celebrate? lol

They don't bother with the celebrations for anniversaries because people come regardless.

And I think we all know they aren't giving us things for the 50th out of the kindness of their hearts, lol. All of these things coming are things that should have come 10 years ago. But I can't blame them for wanting to market things for the 50th, even if that wasn't the idea behind them originally.

I'll believe the night parade when I see it too. I am not fond of the afternoon parade either and wouldn't mind seeing a specific 50th parade to replace it. If they want to save money somewhere get rid of that move it shake it atrocity already..... What will be interesting on the 50th day itself is crowd control, no one is going to even be able to get near the place so will be fun to see just how they are going to handle it. But please no more of those lackluster anniversary morning castle ceremony's that amount to nothing with a banner and some dancers and characters.

Awakening

The new Epcot show should be coming out around that time from what I understand (someone can correct me if I am wrong). Also, a replacement for Happily Ever After at MK and finally a new night parade.

As far as I'm aware, none of that has actually been announced or confirmed though, right?

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Ant-Man is one of the original Avengers, so it’s not happening.

Not that it's likely to happen but the Wasp might be doable. That world (more so that Wakanda) would make for an interesting darkride especially if Imagineering were able to create the same "Honey I shrunk the Kids" ant point of view with everything in massive scale. A change in perspective worked for Peter Pan's Flight. Not sure if "The Wasp" is an original Avenger or not but as has been discussed, using secondary characters and unique surroundings might be enough for development of a ride or attraction assuming it bypasses any contractual restraints. Still pretty unlikely though.

Last edited:

Awakening

I am only stating what the insider(s) here have confirmed. One in particular is very reliable. :)

Right, I'm aware. My point is that Disney themselves haven't disclosed anything and when officially announced attractions like the MK Theatre have already been cancelled, it's hard to be optimistic about yet-to-be revealed additions happening.

Rodan75

There’s a few other things under the “anniversary period” banner. The 50th covers a multitude of things, although most new things have been announced.

With the Theatre cancelled, any of that money being shuffled into something new for MK or is it just going to general improvements / 50th prep?

Bocabear

Wait, isn't Disney one of the wealthiest companies on the planet? Why exactly would they have to shuffle funding at all? Bob Iger's salary for a year could probably build the theater and then some....'If they wanted to invest the money, they would...they just don't want to...and of course all this talk comes when they are again upping their prices and adding another billion dollar money grab with parking charges....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom