News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not that it's likely to happen but the Wasp might be doable. That world (more so that Wakanda) would make for an interesting darkride especially if Imagineering were able to create the same "Honey I shrunk the Kids" ant point of view with everything in massive scale. A change in perspective worked for Peter Pan's Flight. Not sure if "The Wasp" is an original Avenger or not but as has been discussed, using secondary characters and unique surroundings might be enough for development of a ride or attraction assuming it bypasses any contractual restraints. Still pretty unlikely though.

While not an original, The Wasp was at one time the leader of the Avengers. And with her close relation to Ant-Man (tech-wise and personally), she would certainly be in "the family" of what's excluded.

doctornick

The new Epcot show should be coming out around that time from what I understand (someone can correct me if I am wrong). Also, a replacement for Happily Ever After at MK and finally a new night parade.

While I certainly want to see the return of a new night parade to MK, I personally would rather they add a new daytime parade to DHS over replacing HEA or Illuminations.

I'm a big fan of expanding offerings instead of replacements.

lazyboy97o

@marni1971 and others. In the middle, between the TRON canopy and coaster building at Shanghai they have that small building with the white waves in front of it. If I'm correct thats where they have the TRON realm or something like that, with those Chevrolet cars on display. Will that same building be built in WDW? Or will that whole part of the canopy be covering the speedway? It doesn't look like that building needs to be part of the attraction..
View attachment 272629
That building does house the TRON Realm and it is not part of the TRON Lightcycle Power Run facility.

TTA94

The new Epcot show should be coming out around that time from what I understand (someone can correct me if I am wrong). Also, a replacement for Happily Ever After at MK and finally a new night parade.

I’d rather them debut a nighttime parade before the 50th and then replace Festival of Fantasy with a, usually traditional, anniversary daytime parade.

Fox&Hound

I'd welcome some Tron M&Gs in the area. Who wouldn't want to meet a Siren?
652898ad09c22c10bc930bd9c22ab60e.jpg

I actually hope this brings Tron out into the open more so we're not stuck waiting 30 years for the next movie. They may not be the greatest movies out there, but they're fun enough and usually push the CGI at the time pretty far. Besides, the whole aesthetic is just awesome.

Maybe once Disney launches their new streaming service (or takes over Hulu) they cuould push out sequels that way- like for Tron. Might be less risky than a feature length movie at the theater.

BrianLo

Back on topic of Tron. I hope WDW doesn’t cheap out of the color changing canapy at night! It’s awesome at Shanghai!

I wish WDWs Tomorrowland looked like Shanghai’s. Simple, clean modern look.

The look is ok, the layout and sightlines are a giant mess.

Ironically I think the sightlines in WDW (A. from the ground level and not elevated guest walkways. B. turned and wedged between trees and Space Mountain) will almost make it seem like the ride was designed for WDW and not Shanghai.

The canopy is coming apparently, which is certainly the opposite of cheap.

I don't get how Disney has 5 different versions of tomorrowland and all of them have giant problems. WDW's is probably going to land in a solid second place very soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom