News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

ToTBellHop

Nope...at least not admittedly. They cancelled that MK theater and - as always - someone made that up and posted it to try to cover for the attractions bait and switch. It's always that way in Florida. At least that's where it seems fo currently stand.
Made up? http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Mountain I think the tinfoil on your head is cutting off circulation.

MaxW

Yeah, cool. Ooh, aah. I'm asking because when originally built, everything in MK was supposed to be bigger, better and with higher capacity than its California cousin. Seems like they've forgotten that directive with Tron. Can't wait to ride it, don't want to see how long the lines will be.

Or will this be a FP+-ONLY attraction???
This ride was never in california, so it can't align with that "directive." I wish the ride was longer as well, hell i'd prefer for it to be in DHS, but sadly we are getting the ride cloned here. Also I'm willing to bet this ride won't be a fast pass only ride.

RobotWolf

The novelization of the original Tron movie was an interesting read. A lot of the mythos of the Tron world is much better explained.

Also, I may be late to the party on this one. But do you de-rez (die) at the end of the Tron coaster? After re-watching it in the youtube link earlier in the thread, it really seems that way to me. If so, it creates a kinship with Mr. Toad.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Made up? http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Mountain I think the tinfoil on your head is cutting off circulation.

So concept art is now considered evidence in disney court...?

right...I'm not denying the existence of "they were gonna build it...but, but..."

But you can trust ONLY The shovels. This one was proven false...or more accurately, dropped.

Besides...that's not what I'm talking about. When the theater was suddenly scrapped - we think - the next day somebody floated the old "I'm hearing they could be looking at Somethkng else..." that is the classic wdi cooking their own eggs. I think that's where this mention of adventureland coaster came from. It wasn't the 2001 golden goose.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So concept art is now considered evidence in disney court...?

right...I'm not denying the existence of "they were gonna build it...but, but..."

But you can trust ONLY The shovels. This one was proven false...or more accurately, dropped.

Besides...that's not what I'm talking about. When the theater was suddenly scrapped - we think - the next day somebody floated the old "I'm hearing they could be looking at Somethkng else..." that is the classic wdi cooking their own eggs. I think that's where this mention of adventureland coaster came from. It wasn't the 2001 golden goose.
Theatre money was moved elsewhere. Although this was a case of not even trusting the shovels.

I think it was wishful thinking the money would go to a new meaningful project.

RobotWolf

I wonder if they plan on digging up the old Tron costumes for the character department. They were predictably off-putting. I tried to google an image of them. But the only place I've seen them was in the big character book in wardrobe next to the zoo.

celluloid

I wonder if they plan on digging up the old Tron costumes for the character department. They were predictably off-putting. I tried to google an image of them. But the only place I've seen them was in the big character book in wardrobe next to the zoo.

I have not been over there to see that book in awhile, but were they different than the one with the Pointer Sisters' "New Tron" dance bit in the 80s?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I don't think tron is being introduced as a major park presence...they are just re-using a popular ride that happened to be designed around tron.

...hopefully some steel goes up quickly before they change their mind on that too 😳

RobotWolf

I have not been over there to see that book in awhile, but were they different than the one with the Pointer Sisters' "New Tron" dance bit in the 80s?

Wow! I googled that. Wish I hadn't. But yeah. Same costumes.

I'd like to thank celluloid for pointing that out. I'd like to ... ;)

EDIT: Since I love sharing the "joy." Here's the youtube link:

If you enjoy the Main Street Electrical Parade, you'll LOVE its inexplicable appearance in this 80's pop video. (BLAME DISNEYLAND TALENT DEPT! :p)

Last edited:

montyz81

Comparatives aside, why aren't they planning for a two-sided attraction, like SM, for instance, to eat more people?

I kind of think SM is the "other side" of Tron. I suspect they put them so close together as they expect them to eat guests equally, or at the very least, SM is the backup to Tron. This is just my guess though.

RobotWolf

Martin mentioned that Tomorrowland may look a little "Tron-y" in the future. I wonder if Space Mountain will get the treatment.

As much as I like Tron and the coaster to come, I do not like the reduction of Space Mountain. It is the original. And a magnificent weenie!

I can't imagine how it would work. But I hope SM maintains its iconic look.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom