News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
please...
i've yet to see evidence peter quill ever visited mk! have you?!
:rolleyes:

:p
I think he's in one of @marni1971 's videos... here's a frame grab from his "Horizons" video... (sorry, @marni1971 )
peter.jpg

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Tron won't get people into EPCOT the way GOTG will; I can imagine that was a big deciding factor.
The last thing that Disney needs is more people crowding into MK. What they need there is more stuff to do and more long lines to stand in and Tron will do that. It is popular, but, comparatively, not as much as Star Wars. All it needs to do to serve it's purpose is give the guests at MK something else to do.

lazyboy97o

I saw on YouTube that construction for Tron behind Space Mountain has already begun and you can kinda see it from the People Mover? Currently it looks like just trucks clearing out trees. I was actually very surprised... isn't it set to open in 2021? Does it take that long to build an indoor coaster?
It’s land clearing for site work, not actual work for the building. Vertical construction won’t be until closer to the end of the year at the earliest.

katexo

Im actually pretty excited for this! Ive never seen TRON but I think despite not really knowing much about the movie itll be a great addition. For me, that actually adds to it, makes it feel more original concept I suppose?

trainplane3

This is somewhat relevant to Tron. Lego officially released the images of the new Tron Legacy set from their Ideas line.
5304729-21314_Prod-cVJ2yFs9_Os4cw-thumbnail-full.jpg

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09...8d6/post/df1169b5-9e69-419e-a168-fe94f7421c8e
This is in no way a hint to a movie coming or the coaster that is under construction. This was a project someone submitted to Lego Ideas and gained 10k votes to make it into a set. Lego reviewed (with Disney as well since they own the rights) and then approved it! It releases March 31st/April 1st for $35.

Just like with the Saturn V last year, I'm diving on it day one.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
This is somewhat relevant to Tron. Lego officially released the images of the new Tron Legacy set from their Ideas line.
5304729-21314_Prod-cVJ2yFs9_Os4cw-thumbnail-full.jpg

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09...8d6/post/df1169b5-9e69-419e-a168-fe94f7421c8e
This is in no way a hint to a movie coming or the coaster that is under construction. This was a project someone submitted to Lego Ideas and gained 10k votes to make it into a set. Lego reviewed (with Disney as well since they own the rights) and then approved it! It releases March 31st/April 1st for $35.

Just like with the Saturn V last year, I'm diving on it day one.
Those are cool. Again, I ask... where's the orange side on the Tron ride?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The closest you get is the neat little color change effect at 2:37 while using a mirror:

Yeah, cool. Ooh, aah. I'm asking because when originally built, everything in MK was supposed to be bigger, better and with higher capacity than its California cousin. Seems like they've forgotten that directive with Tron. Can't wait to ride it, don't want to see how long the lines will be.

Or will this be a FP+-ONLY attraction???

nickys

Premium Member
Yeah, cool. Ooh, aah. I'm asking because when originally built, everything in MK was supposed to be bigger, better and with higher capacity than its California cousin. Seems like they've forgotten that directive with Tron.

Well considering that there is no Tron roller coaster in California then isn't this already bigger, better and a higher capacity?

;)

Grammatically wise it can't be bigger, better and higher capacity if there's nothing to compare it too. These are the comparative forms of the words big, good and high. So since it's not in California, it can't be comparative to it.... ;)

But back on topic, I've never seen Tron but this has me excited. And this from someone who doesn't do coasters (EE, RnR, Space ). I might even go watch the movie - so do I watch the original or the reboot?

;)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Comparatives aside, why aren't they planning for a two-sided attraction, like SM, for instance, to eat more people?

Short sighted, if'n you ask me. Tsk, tsk.

And if you want to watch the movie(s) for backstory, watch them in sequence or #2 won't make much sense.

Movielover

Grammatically wise it can't be bigger, better and higher capacity if there's nothing to compare it too. These are the comparative forms of the words big, good and high. So since it's not in California, it can't be comparative to it.... ;)

1521976369118.png

I might even go watch the movie - so do I watch the original or the reboot?

The reboot (It's really more of a sequel) is a bit eaiser to get into compared with the original's pacing and effects but I do recommend starting with the first one.

ToTBellHop

But back on topic, I've never seen Tron but this has me excited. And this from someone who doesn't do coasters (EE, RnR, Space ). I might even go watch the movie - so do I watch the original or the reboot?

;)
Why aren’t they building a coaster in Adventureland?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

;)

I actually like both movies and I'm a harsh critic.

The original is a window into an era...both the 1980's/computer age and also the miller era at Disney. He was a disaster and why nepotism always sucks...but has some very big influences on Disney's direction till this day. Tron was a gutsy call and holds up well as a cult/nostalgia classic.

Legacy was underrated in my book. I thought it had a feel to it that was not mainstream
That you have to love.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Comparatives aside, why aren't they planning for a two-sided attraction, like SM, for instance, to eat more people?

Short sighted, if'n you ask me. Tsk, tsk.

And if you want to watch the movie(s) for backstory, watch them in sequence or #2 won't make much sense.

The fast pass system isn't 100% conducive to that setup as we move forward, no?

At least until they get it where it's going: book months in advance or don't even bother trying. Think of how many CPs they can reallocate to the fryer at pecos when they eliminate the standby queues?!?

rle4lunch

;)

Original first. The sequel is kinda slow at times and has some tough to watch cgi (you can tell when the "b" squad was working on some of the face work)... but otherwise it's visually gorgeous and creates a bridge to a third one if they make it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom