Trip Report Readers Chick Chat and Guy Gabbing Thread!

Songbird76

Park reservations must be made for any non-date based ticket.

AP, Military, Convention and Group all must make them. 😡
It doesn't make sense. I don't understand it. Same with the new rules for lightning lanes, that everyone will be able to purchase and book reservations a week in advance (or three days for off property) except international visitors, who can't do it until they are in the US. What is the purpose? And doesn't it kind of motivate people NOT to pay for the service? Doesn't the park reservation system now incentivise people NOT to buy APs? I mean, conventions and such, you don't really get to decide where the convention is held...you can only choose whether or not you want to go. But what is the purpose of making those groups make park reservations?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I mean, conventions and such, you don't really get to decide where the convention is held...you can only choose whether or not you want to go. But what is the purpose of making those groups make park reservations?

It helps them with staffing. They know how many date based tickets they have sold, but they don’t know how many people without date based tickets might want to show up on a particular day.

It is the same at DLP - I have an AP so if I want to go, I have to make a reservation.

Tiggertoo56

Glow 4Th Of July GIF by xponentialdesign

Happy 4th July to all my American friends 🧡

Songbird76

Happy Independence Day!! Did you know we should be celebrating on the 2nd instead of the 4th? The Continental Congress actually voted for Independence on the 2nd, and John Adams wrote that the 2nd would be celebrated with fireworks. The Declaration of Independence was written up after they voted for independence, but it wasn't signed until a month later, and not everyone signed that day. So July 2nd is our actual independence day, but the declaration was dated the 4th, which is why that's the day we celebrate.

Songbird76

Anyone know anything about Universal parks in California? Specifically, how many thrill rides do they have that are NOT screen-based? Can a person who can't handle screen-based rides have a good time and get their money's worth there?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Happy Independence Day!! Did you know we should be celebrating on the 2nd instead of the 4th? The Continental Congress actually voted for Independence on the 2nd, and John Adams wrote that the 2nd would be celebrated with fireworks. The Declaration of Independence was written up after they voted for independence, but it wasn't signed until a month later, and not everyone signed that day. So July 2nd is our actual independence day, but the declaration was dated the 4th, which is why that's the day we celebrate.
Glad.to know im.not the only one who calls today Independence Day.

I.mean,everywhere has a 4th of July. It was even Election Day today somewhere. 😉

And thanks for the history fun fact.

Songbird76

Glad.to know im.not the only one who calls today Independence Day.

I.mean,everywhere has a 4th of July. It was even Election Day today somewhere. 😉

And thanks for the history fun fact.
I know there are a lot of people who don't even know what is being celebrated on the 4th. There was a video a few years ago, and I want to say it was the Daily Show maybe? where they went to the beach on Independence day and asked beach goers what we celebrate on the 4th, and there were quite a few who couldn't even tell him, or they knew it was celebrating freedom, but not from whom we were liberated. Some people think it was about the civil war. It's really sad that so many people don't have a basic knowedge of history, and I have to wonder why, because I know we learned all of it in school multiple times...how have people forgotten it? I can't imagine they never learned it if they went to school in the US. It's just something that they have forgotten because it was considered unnecessary trivia, I guess?

Songbird76

Graduation pics of E. There were 60 kids in her class and she's one of three who graduated with honors. We THINK she'd have been valedictorian if they did that here, but they don't do class rankings here, so there's no way to tell for sure.

Pictures: her signing her diploma, the pictures they showed of her, and her with us, which no one else did, but I couldn't NOT get the traditional graduation pic with the parents.IMG_20240708_222905.jpgIMG_20240708_213545.jpgIMG_20240708_210421.jpg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Graduation pics of E. There were 60 kids in her class and she's one of three who graduated with honors. We THINK she'd have been valedictorian if they did that here, but they don't do class rankings here, so there's no way to tell for sure.

Pictures: her signing her diploma, the pictures they showed of her, and her with us, which no one else did, but I couldn't NOT get the traditional graduation pic with the parents.View attachment 798133View attachment 798134View attachment 798135

Congrats to E!

Songbird76

I really like the screen shot of the C um Laude logo, with photos of her in the background. She worked hard for that academic achievement, and congratulations to her!
Congrats to E!

Thanks! Yes, they did a really nice job of making the ceremony personal, telling stories about each kid and showing fun pictures. There was a lot of laughter. It was kind of sad though, there was a set of twins where one of them passed and the other failed. But it's hard to tell them apart, and they were both kids who kind of tended to be a bit lazy, not doing homework, showing up late, etc. So they put up this picture and were saying how he was the perfect student... He always asked for extra work, always had his assignments done early, was always on time, etc... And everyone is laughing because they all know it's very sarcastic... But they accidentally used a picture of the other twin... The one who DIDN'T pass. But they really had no idea, and E can only tell them apart now because they have different hair styles, so it really wasn't their fault. But it must be hard for the one who didn't graduate to have this celebratory feel at home and at the ceremony, and then of course that they made a joke about how this absolutely wasn't the perfect student.

There was one kid who they compared to some famous entrepreneur who was apparently not a good student, failed high school and never graduated, but invented something and was quite wealthy and had problems with alcohol. This kid was apparently a big partier and wrote some quotes about how alcohol is his friend and such in his "get to know you" paper for his mentor at the beginning of the year.

E's friend Aquin's yearbook quote, which they also said in the ceremony, was that his favorite hobby is being late. (totally accurate, too. We were watching Sound of Music and in How do you solve a problem like Maria, it says she's late for everything except for every meal, and e said that is Aquin.) But he's so funny and charming you can't really be mad at him for it.

But they did this personal thing for every single graduating student. It was fun hearing about all of them, even the ones I don't know.

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
I agree. I can't even justify Halloween at that price/ these prices. Over $1k for 6 people for one night at MK.
My sister wanted to do the Halloween party this year, so we bought tix. I probably wouldn’t be going if it wasn’t her first party.

erstwo

My sister wanted to do the Halloween party this year, so we bought tix. I probably wouldn’t be going if it wasn’t her first party.
For whatever reason - I could probably buy one ticket for myself and not completely freak out (especially if I was going with my sister - I would LOVE that) but pricing out a trip for myself, my husband, my daughter and her three best friends for fall break -the cost of MNSSHP set me over the edge. It's possible it's because we did a Disney fall break trip with them two years ago and I feel like we've 'been there/ done that' as a group. I'd just rather spend the money taking them somewhere new - and they are good with that idea too.

Maybe this is just a sign I need a sister trip. 😄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom