Trip Report Readers Chick Chat and Guy Gabbing Thread!

erstwo

Happy Birthday, Lincoln!! And happy BIRTH day to you!
Cars are a perennial favorite at our house. My son is now almost 21 and thinks that it might be the greatest movie ever made. Just something about it!
IMG_9300.jpeg
(From 2015 when we drove Route 66 and stopped at all the places that looked like they came out of Cars because my son insisted 😁)

k8einwdw

Three?! (He’s still as cute as ever)
It’s hard to believe!! And thank you! 😊
Happy Birthday, Lincoln!! And happy BIRTH day to you!
Cars are a perennial favorite at our house. My son is now almost 21 and thinks that it might be the greatest movie ever made. Just something about it!
View attachment 790637
(From 2015 when we drove Route 66 and stopped at all the places that looked like they came out of Cars because my son insisted 😁)
That sounds like a fun road trip idea! We’re hoping to make it back out to Disneyland in the next year or so so L can experience Cars Land! We all love the Cars movies. 😊

erstwo

Was down at the Gulf this weekend with my college friends and well ……..- here is a very scientific photo 🤣 of why we couldn’t get in the water this trip. IMG_9284.jpeg
Sadly, several people attacked the first day of our trip and so many sightings in the days after. Luckily no other injuries so far.

But next year we might go visit the sharks at Epcot instead. (I totally, actually floated that idea 😁)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Was down at the Gulf this weekend with my college friends and well ……..- here is a very scientific photo 🤣 of why we couldn’t get in the water this trip. View attachment 790754
Sadly, several people attacked the first day of our trip and so many sightings in the days after. Luckily no other injuries so far.

But next year we might go visit the sharks at Epcot instead. (I totally, actually floated that idea 😁)
I can't decide whether to give that a 👍 or a 😳

So.it gets both.

joshsprincess921

Was down at the Gulf this weekend with my college friends and well ……..- here is a very scientific photo 🤣 of why we couldn’t get in the water this trip. View attachment 790754

I heard about the attacks and several sightings. So sad! I used to spend a week in Destin every summer.

rshell68

Just popping in to say that E passed! She doesn't get her diploma until July 8th, but she got the phone call that she passed and she's picking up her grades right now. We don't find out about A until July 10th, so we have a bit.
Happy Pumped Up GIF by Originals

Congrats to E!!!!
Fingers still crossed for A!

Songbird76

Happy Pumped Up GIF by Originals

Congrats to E!!!!
Fingers still crossed for A!
Thanks! He should be fine. The question is whether or not he will graduate C.um Laude. E did, and she was very surprised. It was her goal, but you have to have an average of at least an 8, not rounded off, and no final grade lower than a 7, also not rounded off. Only about 2% of students in the Netherlands get that each year. But she went into exams with an average of 8.3 and her lowest grade was a 7.3, so as long as she scored around the same on every exam as she had in each class, she was fine. But then the Math and Physics exams this year were extremely difficult and received tens of thousands of complaints and she'd have needed to get at least an 8 on math and I don't remember on physics. But she ended up getting an 8.7 for math and an 8.8 for physics, and she had a 9.1 for chemistry, which brought her average up a bit. She had only one exam score lower than an 8.5, and she got a 7 on that, so she nailed it. She was super excited because she had resigned herself to not making it.

A's requirements are a bit different because he's doing a lower level than E, so he has to have an average of 8, with nothing lower than a 6, BUT, his school grades don't count. It's completely based on exams. He had a panic attack during his very first exam, but he has 3 exams for that subject and the first is only 15% of his grade. He thinks he probably failed that first one because he had to leave the room and even after he was allowed back in, he had lost an entire hour of exam time. He was able to finish, but he's not confident it was good quality work....it was a writing test and he says he's not good at those, so he's only expecting about a 3.5 for it. But if he did well on the other written test and if he does well on the oral test coming up, he should be fine. And really, he only needs to get a 5 to pass as long as all his other grades average to at least a 6, which should be fine. On the practice exams, he had over a 9 in both math and English, so if he does that well on his actual tests and the orals go well, he'll have more than enough leeway to make up for the low Dutch grade to pass. He just wouldn't get C.um Laude and that's not that important to him. He really only cares about passing. Honors are nice and look good on a resume, but most places don't really look at the grades you got. Passing is passing. It could happen, but it's not really his goal like it was E's. But passing shouldn't be a problem.

rshell68

So, I have to tell on ourselves....on our quick trip for our son's birthday our plan was to early entry AK so we had park reservations there. Hubby didn't feel well so didn't go to the park with us. We had dinner reservations at Epcot. Hubby had trouble getting into Epcot since he didn't scan into AK that morning. Thankfully they were able to switch his reservation to Epcot LOL. Did not even think about that.... 🤣

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
So, I have to tell on ourselves....on our quick trip for our son's birthday our plan was to early entry AK so we had park reservations there. Hubby didn't feel well so didn't go to the park with us. We had dinner reservations at Epcot. Hubby had trouble getting into Epcot since he didn't scan into AK that morning. Thankfully they were able to switch his reservation to Epcot LOL. Did not even think about that.... 🤣

😂

judas priest something GIF

Tuvalu

Premium Member
As I said in @LadyBelle ’s TR, park reservations are a joke. 😡

Songbird76

Park reservations are only for pass holders now, right? I think it's kind of ridiculous. I don't understand the purpose of it. Glad they could change it so he could get in!!

erstwo

In NYC this week for my daughter to take a class and I worked from the Rose Room at NYC Library on Monday afternoon. I’m sure I’ve posted them before but I stopped by and checked in Pooh and friends before I headed out to get ready for dinner. (Always makes my Disney heart happy to see them!)
IMG_9750.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom