Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Sir_Cliff

I'm a bit lost as to why people are disappointed with Flight Force. This is what happens when you try to retime a coaster in a box. With no track changes and limits to what can be done with shows scenes, it is never going to see like an impressive new experience.
This was my feeling, too; I guess I just didn't have very high expectations to begin with! Still, if so much feedback is coming out that it feels like the ride is lacking something then there must be an issue.

LondonTom

I won’t see it myself until spring (maybe) but what I gather is there’s so much… nothing… between screens. Maye as well be Space Mountain with no stars.
Yeah from the ride PoV's I've watched on youtube, there is just nothing but black for most of the ride (and I don't know if its just how people record on coasters, but you couldn't really hear the background music which made it feel even more flat). Even just keeping some of the lights from before and sort of having them as "lasers" shooting at you from the Kree or something would give it a bit more life.

I mean they basically did the same with Hyperspace Mountain, and while the theming is completely at odds with the show building and cars, the actual ride experience captures that space flight feel really well I think. (Maybe just a better track layout that was designed to look at stuff before anyway?)

UpAllNight

I’ve never dabbled with the insider side of things, but a trustworthy but unproven contact (so take this with a grain of salt) hinted that a Lion King expansion may have overtaken Galaxy’s Edge in WDSP.

If true & it includes a ride, I’d be shocked if it didn’t make its way to Animal Kingdom. Maybe that’s how they‘d justify costs.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If true & it includes a ride, I’d be shocked if it didn’t make its way to Animal Kingdom. Maybe that’s how they‘d justify costs.

It very well could be in the dinoland area, that would make most sense cost wise to build them alongside each other
A Lion King IP ride was mooted for the Harambe expansion.

Toni25

I’ve never dabbled with the insider side of things, but a trustworthy but unproven contact (so take this with a grain of salt) hinted that a Lion King expansion may have overtaken Galaxy’s Edge in WDSP.
I'm excited for this but also think it's sort of messy 🥴 (also scared the ride might be a remake of the CGI Movie, not the cartoon 😬)

I don't get why they keep placing IPs that would fit the other park so much better, in the studios, and vice-versa.
Like Frozen would have been perfect as a Fantasyland expansion.
I remember they wanted to put Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway in the main Park...while the ride better suited the studios.
Now with the Lion King rumor headed to the studios, it just makes me think how much better it would fit as an Adventureland expansion.
The main park is missing an EMV type ride anyway, a Safari ride would be a great concept.
I've said this in the past, a jungle expedition type of ride sounds like an amazing idea, especially if it included multiple IPs.
Jungle Book, Lion King, Up - riding through jungles from across multiple continents - Asia, Africa, South America.

Robbiem

Lion king would make much more sense in adventureland IMO. Starbwars would work in either park but it might be good to expand the main park and incorporate star tours into a ore generic land with a classic trilogy rise type ride and maybe a mandalorian attraction

Studios is an ideal location for the ‘non-Disney’ type IP disney owns. Avatar is the obvious choice and an indoor land could be really interesting. Alien could work as a scary shooter ride. Indiana Jones would make a good addition. Some of the pixar properties like monsters inc and coco would make good environments to place in the studios - it needs to contrast with Disneyland parc not try and copy it

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

We went to WDSP several days. What makes Avengers Campus work at DCA are all the characters. Where are the characters at WDSP?! We entered at different times on multiple dates and only once saw Quill and Gamora. No one else. No characters up high either.

Pretty lame, honestly.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
We went to WDSP several days. What makes Avengers Campus work at DCA are all the characters. Where are the characters at WDSP?! We entered at different times on multiple dates and only once saw Quill and Gamora. No one else. No characters up high either.

Pretty lame, honestly.
They’re always on fans social media posts. Every. Single. Day.

IMDREW

Pretty lame, honestly.
I unfortunately had the same experience. Gonna try again in september.

ToTBellHop

Is it like the Parks M&Gs pre pandemic when they used to all be done by 2pm every day? Unless it was proper LineBerty/Queue one.
I visited mornings, afternoons, evenings. No characters.

We did really enjoy Pym Kitchen.

Spidey is Spidey. And Flight Force was closed for 2 years and remodeled yet it is more of a headbanger than RnRC at DHS.

We did love ToT. Much more sinister than the DHS version!

wdrive

I visited mornings, afternoons, evenings. No characters.

We did really enjoy Pym Kitchen.

Spidey is Spidey. And Flight Force was closed for 2 years and remodeled yet it is more of a headbanger than RnRC at DHS.

We did love ToT. Much more sinister than the DHS version!

Was it a hot day? Most characters stop appearing over a certain temperature.

croboy82

That‘s weird, we were there last week on Thursday til Saturday and we always saw Characters and several shows out there.

Once within an hour we had seen everyone except Guardians.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And… we have a lake (bed)

Courtesy DLP Rescue Rangers

75443CC0-D6CC-49C6-B113-D541A4D21DFE.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom