Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

SplashJacket

If this is true, I'm not loving the direction WDSP is taking. Not a huge fan of putting Frozen here, and adding Lion King would suggest the park is becoming just a dumping ground for random IP-lands that could just as easily/more suitably be part of the park next-door.
My source agreed, he was complaining because he didn’t think Lion King belonged.

mrflo

If this is true, I'm not loving the direction WDSP is taking. Not a huge fan of putting Frozen here, and adding Lion King would suggest the park is becoming just a dumping ground for random IP-lands that could just as easily/more suitably be part of the park next-door.
Completely agree. Keep the Princesses and other Disney Animation films in the first park. There is still expansion space in Adventureland and Fantasyland for that. I would much more prefer to see movies & characters - like Avatar, the Muppets, Mandalorian, etc. - having a home in the WDS that would not really fit thematically in the first park. Though I would not mind if the new "carousel" ride next to the lake would be themed after Mary Poppins or Fantasia. But please not another Princess - Tangled.

Animaniac93-98

I agree,

but if nothing else, dumping everything into the park next door helps to preserve the mostly-intact overall design of Euro Disneyland.

cjkeating

I agree,

but if nothing else, dumping everything into the park next door helps to preserve the mostly-intact overall design of Euro Disneyland.
100%

Every expansion in WDSP saves Disneyland Park from a potentially inappropriate themes. Hopefully when they do invest in Disneyland Park it is a good choice. As the park has been waiting 25 years. 😅

CSJORDAN

Apologies if I missed any possible update, does anyone have any knowledge/guesses as to when Frozen is now projected to open? Thinking about planning a trip to DLP in 2024 or 2025 and would want this to be open as it is our first/only trip.

Trekkie101

The Lion King / Jungle book was meant to debut in WDS before covid, as part of a show that took over motors, action stunt show.

Specifically to try and bring DLPs (rather successful) seasons to the studio while Avengers Campus was being built.

Jungle Book Jive being one of their most loved seasonal offerings.

As such there are permits and references to the stadium that include that terminology and it sometimes leads to this rumour.

I would have my doubts personally.

tanc

There's a rumor floating around that Flight Force may receive additional updates since even Chapek and other executives are disappointed with the presentation of the ride... and allegedly the solution is... adding more screens....

J4546

All the reviews I've seen say the new retheme is meh at best. The exterior looks great as does the que as well, but the ride is not so much....makes our (dca) retheme of ToT look way better by comparison. Hopefully they improve it and add something major to each campus as well.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There's a rumor floating around that Flight Force may receive additional updates since even Chapek and other executives are disappointed with the presentation of the ride... and allegedly the solution is... adding more screens....
I'm a bit lost as to why people are disappointed with Flight Force. This is what happens when you try to retime a coaster in a box. With no track changes and limits to what can be done with shows scenes, it is never going to see like an impressive new experience.

UNCgolf

I'm a bit lost as to why people are disappointed with Flight Force. This is what happens when you try to retime a coaster in a box. With no track changes and limits to what can be done with shows scenes, it is never going to see like an impressive new experience.

I think it's because the show scenes they do have are so underwhelming. There's barely anything happening on them. While I don't think the show scenes in Guardians are especially good, they're certainly more impressive than what's in Flight Force.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I won’t see it myself until spring (maybe) but what I gather is there’s so much… nothing… between screens. Maye as well be Space Mountain with no stars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom