Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

SplashJacket

Honestly, D23 will be very telling.

Currently, it seems like the company has lost direction in every aspect. Everything that makes Disney special seems lost by those in charge.

The Wish is a random compilation of properties, whereas DCL was forged under respect and appreciation for a bygone era of ocean liners.

The parks are being chewed and processed to the bone with additions lacking continuity, cohesion, and placemaking. There's a place for Tangled, Frozen, and Marvel, but in this organization?

The films have diminished to maximize potential appeal, which only ostracizes all involved parties while cheapening the overall experience.

The company needs a plan, and not just a financial plan. Make your plan in the name of boosting finances, by all means, but by setting out with the sole intention of boosting finances, the company has lost its understanding of why it exists. Disney isn't a charity, we pay them for a service. They keep asking themselves, "how do we get people to pay more?" instead of asking why people were paying in the first place and how they can expand upon what made them special.

J4546

I like what Im seeing. The AC is meh and thats pretty much how I figured it would be but the expansion part of the DSP with the tree lined pathway, small pond and indoor spinner, lake, art nouveau stylized resaurant and frozen land seems to have a nice layout and theme to it imo.

IMDREW

They’ll never get away from the initial T shape. They’re trying, but even when linking Avengers to the lake it’ll still be convoluted.
Yet it doesn’t feel like they’re really trying to be honest. There’s loads they can do to make the mess more coordinated, yet they’re not doing it. Is the Aladdin spinner still planned to make its way over to the lake area? And will they relocate the walt statue to that area as well?

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Yet it doesn’t feel like they’re really trying to be honest. There’s loads they can do to make the mess more coordinated, yet they’re not doing it. Is the Aladdin spinner still planned to make its way over to the lake area? And will they relocate the walt statue to that area as well?
Cars Quatre Roues Rallye and the Toontown photo op should also get the axe.

I think they should then theme the area around Crush's Coaster to Nemo.

While by no means perfect, it would be night and day compared to the literal hodgepodge it is now since it would be contained in a mini-land like Ratatouille.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

How does any of that architecture connect to Tangled? It’s like Paradise Pier 2.5. They want a certain aesthetic, in this case for reasons that are not at all clear except that gingerbread is easy to read as ”more expensive” than the rest of the park, but what storytelling purpose does it serve? It’s there to look different and house a film property. It’s ornamented generic.

Robbiem

Does anyone know if the tangled spinner was ever planned for another park? It looks to me like an idea for a fantasyland somewhere which was dusted off to add a cheap ride to the park.

I think its a shame as tangled could and should have a better ride like they are getting in Tokyo

Trekkie101

It was always kind of in the drawings - just it was assumed to be showing Alien Spinners from DHS.

DF3FD42B-CE27-482F-A161-211A629E8F66.jpeg

cjkeating

Does anyone know if the tangled spinner was ever planned for another park? It looks to me like an idea for a fantasyland somewhere which was dusted off to add a cheap ride to the park.

I think its a shame as tangled could and should have a better ride like they are getting in Tokyo
Talk of the Tangled spinner goes back to 2020 so this isn’t really news. Just confirmation.

Alien Swirling Saucers always seemed a weird placement as it was facing the wrong way and the scale is vast compared to TSPL.

J4546

maybe in time they will get rid of the toy story land and use that space to expand the french square Rat area with another darkride, Aristocats of something taking place in Paris. Give DSP a Parisian Fantasyland like area

IMDREW

Is there more like this coming around the lake? And on the other side of the long path? And will everything around the lake be in this design style?

I know i have lots to say, but i am still very excited about everything coming. I think the atmosphere, especially at night will be wonderful.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is there more like this coming around the lake? And on the other side of the long path? And will everything around the lake be in this design style?

I know i have lots to say, but i am still very excited about everything coming. I think the atmosphere, especially at night will be wonderful.
Imagine having to choose between two regular night time shows in DLP.

J4546

i cant wait to see how they utilize that new lake, its pretty large. Im assuming there will be a nighttime boat show or something? Maybe drones? They built a large harbor area for it so something big must be part of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom