Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
honestly, I really dont like the massive cement wall with the mural painted on it, Id much rather see something like the blue sky multi-IP carousel shown in tropical americas but using all pixar characters to be put there, something covered/shaded and surrounded by trees instead of that baren concrete wall/mural, DAW needs more trees and greenery brought into the park and that would help that whole area a lot as well as making the Worlds of Pixar land more Pixar
Did you ride it when you last went? Thankfully landscaping helps obscure it more and more.

nickys

Premium Member
Bad Location, feels out of place.
Ugly surroundings.
Superficial theming.

Had it been better themed with a nice area around it, some plants/trees and set either in Adventureland or probably around the lake, people would have loved it. It's also just another flat ride in a park with seemingly lots of flat rides that screams for more E-Tickets, so there's an extra reason to dislike it.

honestly, I really dont like the massive cement wall with the mural painted on it, Id much rather see something like the blue sky multi-IP carousel shown in tropical americas but using all pixar characters to be put there, something covered/shaded and surrounded by trees instead of that baren concrete wall/mural, DAW needs more trees and greenery brought into the park and that would help that whole area a lot as well as making the Worlds of Pixar land more Pixar
OK, so I think I’ve misunderstood where this is going lol I thought it was going on Adventure Way.

From what you’ve both said, I’m now thinking it’s still in much the same place as it was - which I think is past the Mickey & the Magician theatre just on the tarmac area? In which case everything you’ve said makes total sense and I agree 100%.

Gusey

The only thing in that wall's favour is that it is one of the few instances where there was an attempt to block out backstage from the park. If anything was to replace the flying carpets, it would still have to incorporate the big wall
1723145493925.png

mikey92

Have we got any info / speculation of what the new lake show could be, could it be something like Fantasmic, or World of Color? Or maybe its own thing entirely. Very excited for that!

mrflo

They might add something to the display later? I don't think they would leave these big open awkward blocks of grass on the display unless they were gonna plop something down later.
I think they used to update the exhibitions after the Parks panel at previous D23 Expos and added things that had been announced. So maybe they will already add something by Sunday or at least for the next display of the model.

Interesting that they also have the green/expansion space between Frozen and Cars Road Trip in the model. Hopefully this means we will get Pandora sooner rather than later.

mrflo

Maybe I am reading too much into this. But in the model the colour of the promenade floor around Adventure Bay is changing from a grey to a more orange/earthy tone where the third land is supposed to face the lake. I guess that's part of the transition to the Lion King land?!?

fradz

Maybe I am reading too much into this. But in the model the colour of the promenade floor around Adventure Bay is changing from a grey to a more orange/earthy tone where the third land is supposed to face the lake. I guess that's part of the transition to the Lion King land?!?
Yep. It's no coincidence. You don't leave a big empty patch of grass on the edge of a model either, LK is announced tomorrow

nickys

Premium Member
Will the opening of Adventure Way open a path to Avengers Campus? Or will that have to wait until the Lion King land is completed?

And is there a path through from the PIxar area? I can see the entrance round by the Road Trip, but the model isn’t clear whether you can get to it through the playground - and yet the video suggests you can.

As much as I want to go back soon I think I’ll wait until next October, when hopefully it will be open. There again, I’ll be annoyed if I wait and find Arendelle is pushed back into 2026. 😳🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom