Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Crush?

And for many people from Europe, DLP is their only realistic Disney park option. Florida is just too expensive for the majority. Anecdotally kids and parents at school talk of going to “Disneyland” whereas a few years ago it was “Disneyland Paris”. It’s no longer a stepping stone but the destination.

Not forgetting that having Marvel in the park is a huge boost for families with young boys in particular. And the girls will have the Frozen princesses.
Crush is a fun coaster, but as with everything at the park, it is just plopped in there and has no sense of place. The ride is low capacity with a terrible queue. Now if it were part of a larger Nemo land, then great. But as a standalone, it isn't enough.

J4546

that model seems to have a ton of space behind the parachute drop of just plain concrete? is it a staging area or what?

mrflo

They don't seem to have ever really moved beyond that approach, even as the budgets increased.
That's the part that particularly surprises and worries me. Looking at all that construction going on, it is not like money can be the root cause or excuse any longer. They are literally turning every stone and wall in that park without actually achieving much.

Bob Iger pushing the Turbo Charge button on the Parks reminds me a lot when he asked for multiplying the content output for the Disney+ launch. Despite huge budgets and a few initial successes, the outcome was pretty mediocre and damaging to brands like Marvel. I hope were not seeing the same for the Parks.

Sir_Cliff

That's the part that particularly surprises and worries me. Looking at all that construction going on, it is not like money can be the root cause or excuse any longer. They are literally turning every stone and wall in that park without actually achieving much.

Bob Iger pushing the Turbo Charge button on the Parks reminds me a lot when he asked for multiplying the content output for the Disney+ launch. Despite huge budgets and a few initial successes, the outcome was pretty mediocre and damaging to brands like Marvel. I hope were not seeing the same for the Parks.
This is where it comes across as not having actually sat down and diagnosed the problem then come up with concrete solutions. I just can't believe whoever is in charge of approving these budgets didn't also look at what they came up with for this park and told them to try again. Perhaps its another sign of management that doesn't really have a feel for the parks so they don't really know what they're looking at.

Aramar

that model seems to have a ton of space behind the parachute drop of just plain concrete? is it a staging area or what?
I don't remember where, but I read that the space is needed to fit a crane in case an evacuation of the parachute ride is needed. I guess from the inside of the land it wouldn't be possible to enter a crane because of the lights crossing the area. Not sure if this is true though.

lazyboy97o

This is where it comes across as not having actually sat down and diagnosed the problem then come up with concrete solutions. I just can't believe whoever is in charge of approving these budgets didn't also look at what they came up with for this park and told them to try again. Perhaps its another sign of management that doesn't really have a feel for the parks so they don't really know what they're looking at.
A big part of the problem is that they did diagnose the problem, here and elsewhere. The major problem they identified is a lack of “Disney” followed by a lack of ornament. So what we get is a bunch of stuff, but not really true details that support the story, all there because it is “Disney”.

Animaniac93-98

A big part of the problem is that they did diagnose the problem, here and elsewhere. The major problem they identified is a lack of “Disney” followed by a lack of ornament. So what we get is a bunch of stuff, but not really true details that support the story, all there because it is “Disney”.

They've gone beyond just making things "more Disney", it has to elevate a Disney product within a certain set of parameters too.

Dinosaur, a ride built and then renamed to capitalize on a then new Disney release, is being replaced with Indiana Jones. A character the company never owned until Iger bought him.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Updated concept art for Disney Adventure World, now featuring the Pride Lands (and updated Avengers Campus):

Original concept art featuring Star Wars:
disneyland-paris-marvel-star-wars-frozen-walt-disney-studios-park-expansion.jpg

mrflo

World of Frozen opening in 2026
I was still hoping for them to catch up and have an opening by the end of 2025. :( Maybe they still will be able to do previews like they did for ToT before Christmas 2025.

Considering they did not even announce a timeframe for the opening of the Lion King land, I am not betting on this to open before 2028/2029. At least we now have a confirmation on this and DLP finally got a major announcement at D23 . Though the shown concept art and info did not really remove my initial concerns about this Star Wars replacement - actually made it a bit worse. It definitely did not spark the same excitement like any of the Epic Universe presentations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom