Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Aramar

Will the opening of Adventure Way open a path to Avengers Campus? Or will that have to wait until the Lion King land is completed?

And is there a path through from the PIxar area? I can see the entrance round by the Road Trip, but the model isn’t clear whether you can get to it through the playground - and yet the video suggests you can.
Yes, to both. There's an access from Avengers Campus /Theater of Stars that leads to the Tangled spinner, so it can be open before Lion King is completed. There's also a new entrance from the main promenade to Toy Story Land with Woody and Jessie statues and a new meet and greet point.

Toni25

I weirdly would be more excited for a Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway announcement somewhere in the gardens/around the lake rather than Avatar. Avatar is not bad, would love it in the future, but I'd personally prioritise MMRR.
Now I know it's not as big of a marketing pull, but I really like that attraction & feel like the garden area would deserve an E-Ticket. (I also wouldn't want the ride to end up in the main park, it fits much better in the studios).

Markiewong

Will the opening of Adventure Way open a path to Avengers Campus? Or will that have to wait until the Lion King land is completed?

And is there a path through from the PIxar area? I can see the entrance round by the Road Trip, but the model isn’t clear whether you can get to it through the playground - and yet the video suggests you can.

As much as I want to go back soon I think I’ll wait until next October, when hopefully it will be open. There again, I’ll be annoyed if I wait and find Arendelle is pushed back into 2026. 😳🤔
Yes there will be both a pathway from adventure way to both areas, making the park an anchor shape (especially after the two lands on the side open).

Concept art for the entrance from Toy Story land, we are gonna be re-using the Jessie model again (and again and again..). See red arrows for the entrances.

For Frozen I expect a november 2025 opening to coincide with the movie.

1723192681353.png

1723193650350-png.807530

Attachments

• 1723193650350.png
    1723193650350.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 573

Jordan dby

Another post about the model with some different views/angles.

that new one (from the far side of the park) seems to show all the future expansion pods (based on where the paths go and where flat green land is left).

if I'm reading it right, supposedly avatar will be in the corner adjacent to frozen and cars road trip (a bit hidden from the lake, which is no bad thing in my opinion)

you've then got lion king in the biggest one (where the sand coloured path is) which is a bit further from frozen/closer to English garden than i thought.

2 more expansion plots, one next to frozen (could be lion king or frozen expansion) and one behind the Alice show stadium which could be a Marvel expansion or just a new ride?

have i read that right? i don't see why they would outline some random paths and leave some areas blank when others have trees etc.

mrflo

have i read that right? i don't see why they would outline some random paths and leave some areas blank when others have trees etc.
I read it the same way. Especially the Lion King area has some unusual outlines/shapes towards that backstage road behind the Frozen restaurant building. Why to put in those shapes or roads if it is not the placeholder for something that is planned to go there.

Btw, I did not make and publish screenshots of the video on the previous page. But there are further details of the model but also behind-the-scene footage of some of the set pieces for the new Studio 1, the lake restaurant and Frozen. You can also see on the model that the signage of Earffel Tower will change to the new park name and Studio 1 seems to keep its "1" above the entrance.

cjkeating

I agree with those saying the model, as it currently exists, suggests the announcement of something else around the lake this weekend.

If not, it's...a bad look.
Let's not forgot this models primary use is master planning by WDI so it's more than probable the Lion King model was there before it was shipped over from France and who knows... maybe the LK model was left in France.

nickys

Premium Member
Let's not forgot this models primary use is master planning by WDI so it's more than probable the Lion King model was there before it was shipped over from France and who knows... maybe the LK model was left in France.
I think the LK model will be placed into it at D23 tomorrow, to a soundtrack of Circle of Life.

This will follow the grand announcement of Adventure Park with every cliche possible - and a few extra for good measure!

J4546

This park is just such a mess. It is just one misstep after another, over and over again. I really don't understand why it is so difficult to move this forward in the right way. Disney has had along enough to right the ship.
I dunno I def think it's starting to trend in the right direction and getting better.

New studio one entrance/exit I'm into it, see how the food is

AC looks way better than the what the area was. Paving looks great, seems to have a lot of meet n greets and I love the eye on iron man coaster facade

The central area with all the new trees and greenery and paving look great and much better.

the massive lake and almost quasi epcot like infrastructure with IP pavilions going around it will certainly set up for nice future expansions

Lake show will prob be great and even pathway through gardens looks like it will be gorgeous with a few small attractions on each side.

The new Alice show looks fun imo

The new toystory entrance with a meet and greet is a welcome plussing of that area imo

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I dunno I def think it's starting to trend in the right direction and getting better.

New studio one entrance/exit I'm into it, see how the food is

AC looks way better than the what the area was. Paving looks great, seems to have a lot of meet n greets and I love the eye on iron man coaster facade

The central area with all the new trees and greenery and paving look great and much better.

the massive lake and almost quasi epcot like infrastructure with IP pavilions going around it will certainly set up for nice future expansions

Lake show will prob be great and even pathway through gardens looks like it will be gorgeous with a few small attractions on each side.

The new Alice show looks fun imo

The new toystory entrance with a meet and greet is a welcome plussing of that area imo
These points illustrate the issues. Everything is being done in little pieces, which does not create any cohesive purpose of the park. Even if we forget the idea of any theme, then the next issue is that everything they build, is just average. It isn't Disney's best, and you can find better elsewhere. The park has no headline standout attraction that isn't bested elsewhere. The park needs a unique, fully built out, headline land. Failing that, at least clone some of the best from elsewhere - Cars Land, Galaxy's Edge, or Pandora. There is no reason to visit the park, unless you happen to already be at Disneyland nextdoor. It shouldn't be like that.

Aramar

It’s not a theme park. There’s no central thesis. It’s a branded amusement park with stuff that’s just sort of there.

If anything it’s becoming less cohesive than it was in 2002.

In 2002 there was a clear theme, but the park was really ugly, the theme was very cheap and the park was tiny. Now the park is becoming much larger and beautiful with lots of gardens, beautiful buildings, water features and places to stop and enjoy the views. It needs more attractions of course, but they will come in time. Throughout the history of the park the original theme was getting lost little by little. Now we are getting a much more generic theme, just different worlds where Disney adventures happen. But to be honest, what is the theme of the Disneyland Park? We are so used to it that we take it for granted, but when I think of it, the theme of the original park is also quite generic and vague. Tokyo DisneySea also had a very strong theme, but Fantasy Springs watered it a little in my opinion. And the theme of Epic Universe is also different worlds where we can live an adventure. So this seem a trend in parks worldwide: having different highly immersive worlds with a very simple connection between them.

Sir_Cliff

This park is just such a mess. It is just one misstep after another, over and over again. I really don't understand why it is so difficult to move this forward in the right way. Disney has had along enough to right the ship.
It’s not a theme park. There’s no central thesis. It’s a branded amusement park with stuff that’s just sort of there.
If anything it’s becoming less cohesive than it was in 2002.
Yes to all of the above!

It's very strange. They don't seem to have ever sat down and developed some kind of masterplan for the park where they thought through its issues and came up with solutions in a systematic manner.

When it first opened, they set about adding small 'fixes' such as some extra vegetation, more colourful paint, and some relatively cheap additions like Toy Story Land to make the park feel less depressing while working within a very tight budget. They don't seem to have ever really moved beyond that approach, even as the budgets increased. It feels like they just add things they think will be nice in a more or less random fashion: a lake would be a nice addition, here are some pleasant gardens, art nouveau for the new structures could be pretty, perhaps put in another flat ride to give people something to do, and why not put in a scaled down Frozenland? It looks like we'll also soon have 'Lion King was popular, why don't we do a land based on that?'

The fact that this will have the most bland name of any Disney theme park is very fitting as the theme now is just generic Disney theme park. Now Hollywood and studio themed areas are more things that are just there with no real rhyme or reason.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So this seem a trend in parks worldwide: having different highly immersive worlds with a very simple connection between them.
This is part of the problem though, nothing at WDSP is a highly immersive world. There are hints of worlds, and bits and pieces, but nothing that is on the scale of Epic. If they are going down the line of just a collection of worlds, then they need to really go with that and build it big.

nickys

Premium Member
These points illustrate the issues. Everything is being done in little pieces, which does not create any cohesive purpose of the park. Even if we forget the idea of any theme, then the next issue is that everything they build, is just average. It isn't Disney's best, and you can find better elsewhere. The park has no headline standout attraction that isn't bested elsewhere. The park needs a unique, fully built out, headline land. Failing that, at least clone some of the best from elsewhere - Cars Land, Galaxy's Edge, or Pandora. There is no reason to visit the park, unless you happen to already be at Disneyland nextdoor. It shouldn't be like that.
Crush?

And for many people from Europe, DLP is their only realistic Disney park option. Florida is just too expensive for the majority. Anecdotally kids and parents at school talk of going to “Disneyland” whereas a few years ago it was “Disneyland Paris”. It’s no longer a stepping stone but the destination.

Not forgetting that having Marvel in the park is a huge boost for families with young boys in particular. And the girls will have the Frozen princesses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom