Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

nickys

Premium Member
its not like a pavilion

it's a single spinner in the main walkway to the lagoon
Hmmm, maybe I’m getting confused by the Tokyo Seas development. But I thought I saw a DLP News video with imagineers who walked through the construction zone and talked about a Tangled Tower. It was in French though!

TiggerDad

Hmmm, maybe I’m getting confused by the Tokyo Seas development. But I thought I saw a DLP News video with imagineers who walked through the construction zone and talked about a Tangled Tower. It was in French though!
Maybe there will be bathrooms upstairs. With charging stations.

RoyalFool

Soon the Avengers E ticket will reach the legendary status of Western River Expedition and Beastly Kingdom in announced, but never built, major Disney theme park projects.

Didn't the imagineers behind Beastly Kingdom get so annoyed they went and built Island of Adventure's Lost Continent region instead? maybe this Avengers E-ticket will somehow end up as an opening day DC comics attraction at Universal London...

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Soon the Avengers E ticket will reach the legendary status of Western River Expedition and Beastly Kingdom in announced, but never built, major Disney theme park projects.
I'm going to guess that the Multiverse version of the Avenger E ticket is dead, but some sort of Avengers E ticket will happen eventually. I am also guessing the reason for the holdup on the Avengers E ticket stems from wanting to wait and see what future direction of the MCU fans want and then jumping on it.

LondonTom

I'm going to guess that the Multiverse version of the Avenger E ticket is dead, but some sort of Avengers E ticket will happen eventually. I am also guessing the reason for the holdup on the Avengers E ticket stems from wanting to wait and see what future direction of the MCU fans want and then jumping on it.
It wasn't tied into the actual multi-verse of the MCU from what they let us know at D23. Its meant to be based around "King Thanos" rather than Kan and mainly seemed like a way to let them bring in whoever they wanted and update as characters get more popular/less popular with a villain that everyone was sort of familiar with. So I wouldn't think that aspect is dead.

wdrive

Didn't the imagineers behind Beastly Kingdom get so annoyed they went and built Island of Adventure's Lost Continent region instead? maybe this Avengers E-ticket will somehow end up as an opening day DC comics attraction at Universal London...

I mean Imagineers can’t go and dictate what they build. Universal management would have hired some former Disney imagineers and told them what to design.

cjkeating

I’d love to get the bottom of the co funded avengers E but no ones talking.
The Avengers E-Ticket is such a mess. I don't blame DLP for seemingly moving on past that debacle for the time being to focus on things within their control like Lion King and Discovery's Edge. I don't know if anyone's called it that but I think that should be what it's referred to until announced. :D

TheDisneyParksfanC8

The Avengers E-Ticket is such a mess. I don't blame DLP for seemingly moving on past that debacle for the time being to focus on things within their control like Lion King and Discovery's Edge. I don't know if anyone's called it that but I think that should be what it's referred to until announced. :D
I also think this Avengers E ticket is being put on the back burner for the time being at DLR for some sort of Avatar land.

britain

What made it a debacle?

cjkeating

What made it a debacle?
So my dates might be off slightly but I did a quick Google to try and get them correct.

The Hong Kong E-Ticket was originally announced (as the last phase of their expansion) in 2016. As it stands it's currently seemingly dead in the water. I think originally it was believed to be a unique attraction to the park, it was then assumed it would be a clone of the DCA announced project (more on that below) before becoming a rumoured Tower of Terror. Currently the land is cleared (they closed Autopia years ago) but the land is just gathering dust with no rumours or anything on the horizon.

DCA meanwhile announced their E-ticket in 2019 after it was public knowledge that their Avengers Campus was opening with it as a 'Phase 2' as GOTG could to the heavy lifting. COVID then seemed to kill it before a new version was announced in D23 in 2022. It's now 2024 and there are again no signs of this breaking ground. Has this cooled again and the funds diverted to whatever the DL Avatar Experience is?

So as you can see assuming DLP was interested in having a cloned Marvel E-Ticket they have been caught in the middle of this debacle.

This can really just be added onto the long list of WDI projects that go through so many revisions it either never gets built or it takes 10 years to open.

Last edited:

TheDisneyParksfanC8

So my dates might be off slightly but I did a quick Google to try and get them correct.

The Hong Kong E-Ticket was originally announced (as the last phase of their expansion in 2016. As it stands it's currently seemingly dead in the water. I think originally it was believed to be a unique attraction to the park, it was then assumed it would be a clone of the DCA announced project (more on that below) before becoming a rumoured Tower of Terror. Currently the land is cleared (they closed Autopia years ago) but the land is just gathering dust with no rumours or anything on the horizon.

DCA meanwhile announced their E-ticket in 2019 after it was public knowledge that their Avengers Campus was opening with it as a 'Phase 2' as GOTG could to the heavy lifting. COVID then seemed to kill it before a new version was announced in D23 in 2022. It's now 2024 and there are again no signs of this breaking ground. Has this cooled again and the funds diverted to whatever the DL Avatar Experience is?

So as you can see assuming DLP was interested in having a cloned Marvel E-Ticket they have been caught in the middle of this debacle.

This can really just be added onto the long list of WDI projects that go through so many revisions it either never gets built or it takes 10 years to open.
I am going to guess yes that Disney is putting a priority on Avatar over the Avengers E ticket. Marvel is not doing that great reception wise right now while Avatar Way of Water made bank at the box office. Plus fans and the studio aren't really sure on a solid direction of the MCU, so that could be why there has yet to be a Capex commitment for that E ticket. Plus there is the possibility that the MCU will be rebooted post Secret Wars.

cjkeating

I am going to guess yes that Disney is putting a priority on Avatar over the Avengers E ticket. Marvel is not doing that great reception wise right now while Avatar Way of Water made bank at the box office. Plus fans and the studio aren't really sure on a solid direction of the MCU, so that could be why there has yet to be a Capex commitment for that E ticket. Plus there is the possibility that the MCU will be rebooted post Secret Wars.
Potentially yes. It still remains disappointing that 8 years after the first Marvel "E-ticket" was announced there still isn't a shovel in the ground for it. Or even a clear timeline to suggest it is going to happen anytime soon.

It also doesn't fill me with confidence that Iger seemingly announced Avatar for DLR without anyone actually knowing about it. Which suggests there were no plans at WDI for it when he announced it. Which gives big deja-vu to when the DAK Avatar Land was announced and that took how long to open? 6 years? To this day I honestly believe he'd seen plans for Avatar in "Disneyland" and mistook it for DLR when what he actually saw was DLP.

Kev1982

Potentially yes. It still remains disappointing that 8 years after the first Marvel "E-ticket" was announced there still isn't a shovel in the ground for it. Or even a clear timeline to suggest it is going to happen anytime soon.

It also doesn't fill me with confidence that Iger seemingly announced Avatar for DLR without anyone actually knowing about it. Which suggests there were no plans at WDI for it when he announced it. Which gives big deja-vu to when the DAK Avatar Land was announced and that took how long to open? 6 years? To this day I honestly believe he'd seen plans for Avatar in "Disneyland" and mistook it for DLR when what he actually saw was DLP.
I hope not. The announcement was Avatar “experience”. Not attraction or land. That would be really bad for DLP

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

The Avatar thing for DL seems to be an exhibit. Too many are getting excited it’s FoP or similar.

I’m still holding out for Avengers. The HK government are asking pretty stern questions about where their money went which could have ramifications elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom