Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

nickys

Premium Member
Not much of a plan.

It's like me saying i'm going to have a transformative 10 year plan to redo my home. And end up just putting up some new towel racks. Crushing disappointment.
Well then why did you ask what happened to it?

Despite the change in DLP ownership the main points, at least as reported in that article, have been realised.

SaveDinosaur

If so, then it’s continuing. That was 6 years ago, the Studios expansion is ongoing and in that time they completed the rebuilding of Phantom Manor, Big Thundermountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Orbitron, Autopia, the castle and it’s a small world plus the retheme of Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and added 3 new theatre shows. Now it looks like (H)SM is next. And then after that….
They also rebuilt Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast

SaveDinosaur

Let's just hope that Universal Studios UK makes Disney more willing to spend some money at DLP. It's not okay for the resort that DLP hasn't received a new ride for so long. Just build Indiana Jones in the space reserved for it (also, build it at MK's Adventureland). Plus, they can't have Frozen Ever After, which is a mediocre attraction at best, to be the only reason for people to walk the entire lagoon.

LondonTom

Not much of a plan.

It's like me saying i'm going to have a transformative 10 year plan to redo my home. And end up just putting up some new towel racks. Crushing disappointment.
You asked about the "10-year plan", and they have delivered on everything within that plan as far as I can see (and in fairness to Disney/DLP there isn't much point in spending money on new things, when so much of what was already there needed fixing).

Now hopefully, the next plan can concentrate that capex investment on new experiences (especially with Universal GB potentially coming)

nickys

Premium Member
What about new lands like Galaxy Edge, Pandora - nothing major like this?
Ummmm, that’s the expansion around the lake at the Studios.

Avengers Campus was step 1.
Frozen and Tangled lands are definites.

Star Wars is apparently shelved, although it’s still on the construction walls. Rumours it’s been replaced with Lion King. And Pandora has been hinted at.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They also rebuilt Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
Forgot that one ! Plus the overhauls of the dark rides. Plus repaving seemingly everywhere. New security plaza. Fantasyland roofs. New Village.
What about new lands like Galaxy Edge, Pandora - nothing major like this?
In planning. Now TWDC is the whole owner it’s up to them what new build happens next. For better or for worse.

As you can see the last 6-7 years has seen unprecedented work. To answer your question.

Indy_UK

It's going to take time but the work at DLP will make such a huge difference. Im looking forward to the new Disney Village. Im even excited for frozen as a land. I just wish they were more ambitious with the Ride additions. Marvel E-Ticket MUST happen and I guess whatever replaces Galaxy's Edge.

yensidtlaw1969

Forgot that one ! Plus the overhauls of the dark rides. Plus repaving seemingly everywhere. New security plaza. Fantasyland roofs. New Village.

In planning. Now TWDC is the whole owner it’s up to them what new build happens next. For better or for worse.

As you can see the last 6-7 years has seen unprecedented work. To answer your question.
If they maintain the level of effort but direct it at new construction, the resort could see some really wonderful growth over the next several years.

Let's hope.

yensidtlaw1969

I’d love to get the bottom of the co funded avengers E but no ones talking.
It's so wild. I have to assume the holdup is money, but you'd think they'd just want to get on with it already.

I can't imagine Avengers Campus as-is pulls its weight more than expected. Certainly not to the extent where they'd reconsider building a thrilling and discounted E Ticket based on multiple major properties.

Indy_UK

Good point. I’m thinking of it kinda like a WS pavilion.

I’m sure it’ll have a store and maybe a snack kiosk. Plus a tall tower - where I assume there will be a meet & greet.

If they add the store, kiosk, tower and M&G then I would actually give it a pass as it would be more than it gets anywhere else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom