Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

wdrive

I’ve said it before but my main issue with this WDS expansion is the lack of increase in attractions. There’s currently less to do than before any of this started, missing the stunt show and Cinemagique with Spiderman replacing Armageddon. Frozen, the Pixar show and Tangled flat ride get us to a net gain of one. And that’s if the Pixar show runs regularly. I get there’s more to see and do around the park but for such a big and hyped expansion, we’re coming out with one more attraction at best than was there before.

LondonTom

I can only presume that eventually or at least, DLP Avengers Campus will also get the Multiverse ride? 👀

I know it was the only mini-land but the Galaxy's Edge cancellation with no replacement announced has really damped the studios revamp. It would have at least given the Studios a brand-new crown jewel and the resort's first proper E-Ticket in how many years? Especially with how the RnRC overlay has generally gone down. (Need another E-Ticket so they can close it for a couple of years and give us Cosmic Rewind or at least that coaster with different avengers theme 😂)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can only presume that eventually or at least, DLP Avengers Campus will also get the Multiverse ride? 👀

I know it was the only mini-land but the Galaxy's Edge cancellation with no replacement announced has really damped the studios revamp. It would have at least given the Studios a brand-new crown jewel and the resort's first proper E-Ticket in how many years? Especially with how the RnRC overlay has generally gone down. (Need another E-Ticket so they can close it for a couple of years and give us Cosmic Rewind or at least that coaster with different avengers theme 😂)
Having ridden Rise of the Resistance a lot recently, I can say it will be missed. It would certainly have been the crown jewel in the park, perhaps the resort. It would be a unique experience in Europe. It would also be relatively easy to implement dual languages. I agree (for what it’s worth) with the comments above that the current expansion is a bit… dead. A long walk for a cloned Frozen ride. I welcome the physical expansion for more park capacity and of course a proper night show venue but it’s going to feel very… empty… in the day. I’d hope saner heads prevail with GE-lite but I doubt it. In a decade or more it could be an amazing area. But the park still needs that area now.

Last edited:

mrflo

In the past it was Euro Disney S.C.A. with not much money to invest into DLP due to its debt. Now that TWDC is facing some major cost cuttings and potential layoffs, I am worried that we might not see any major additions to what has already been announced for the next couple of years. 😟 Space Mountain also might require a major rehab - including a potential track replacement - within the next five years. So money would have to shift to renovation projects as well.

cjkeating

Shockingly France seems slower. Maybe they're all on strike.
Don't let the COVID pause or the huge amount of infrastructure work required to turn a field into a theme park mask that lots of work has been going on at a decent pace.

The WDSP expansion all fits into the wider sequence of DLP infrastructure projects... entry sequence, DV 2.0, Avengers Campus, ISAW, DLH, Sequoia Lodge, backstage works and more.

mrflo

The Executive Architect of the project - Greg Ashton - has previously worked on Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge as well as multiple projects within Animal Kingdom (Pandora, Tiffins, Harambe Market, etc.). So even if the shown concept art looks quite generic, my hope is that finished product will have more depth and magic than one of those standard suburban retail villages.

I remember that the original press release mentioned a boardwalk as part of the plan. Maybe this has already been abandoned. Though it could be a nice transition towards Newport Bay Club.

Sir_Cliff

DLP have a habit of just ignoring concept art and wandering off when they feel like it. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.
Lake Disney does need a purpose though :/
It would be a big plus if they could more effectively integrate the lake into Disney Village. I think one change that would make a positive impact is demolishing the current Rainforest Cafe building that really blocks the view toward the lake from the main thoroughfare. At present all you see beyond the building even when you're close to the lake is the Panoramagique balloon.

Opening up that section so that you have a view across the lake to Sequoia Lodge and the curved walkway around the water opening up a wider panorama across the water rather than views toward the back of a blocky and ugly grey building would really do a lot to improve the feel of the area.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It would be a big plus if they could more effectively integrate the lake into Disney Village. I think one change that would make a positive impact is demolishing the current Rainforest Cafe building that really blocks the view toward the lake from the main thoroughfare. At present all you see beyond the building even when you're close to the lake is the Panoramagique balloon.

Opening up that section so that you have a view across the lake to Sequoia Lodge and the curved walkway around the water opening up a wider panorama across the water rather than views toward the back of a blocky and ugly grey building would really do a lot to improve the feel of the area.
Pre Earl of Sandwich the lake was more Integrated with the Village. Rainforest doesn’t appear to be closing despite the decor removal and Hurricanes continuing to be backstage. It has to be said though this end of the Village is mainly used to get to and from the hotels (and back in the day to get onto McDonalds free wiif) - not that I think the back of Rainforest is an architectural gem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom