Toy Story Mania queue is a mess

jvenegas

What do you suggest?

Anti-Matter?

Graviton Steel?

Anti-Netronic Touchy-Feely Fields?

Last I checked, the queue was made with some pretty durable stuff. Steel, Metal, Wood, various plastics, and set drywall. I really don't think there's much else to use.

:lol:

20,000 volts electric fencing.:lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

Well you can't have Cast Members walking in a full queue, so for that to happen you'd need to install more cameras, infrastructure for said Cameras, a new room to monitor the cameras, a new position which means they'd have to hire several more workers, (Which they can't right now anyways), then add in the fact that OTHER attractions would need this too, PLUS most of the damage is caused over time, rather than one major incident. A shove here, a touch there. After awhile the paint just gets worn off, so a person monitoring this on camera A: Wouldn't Notice Anything, B: Would have to abandon post and march across the building to start an incident with a Guest. (Oh boy)

Would it be nice to catch occasional troublemakers? Yes. Is it worth the money? No. Most real bad guests (The toliet-takers, the rippers, the snatchers) Get turned in or noticed by a Cast Members anyways.
If it's possible, they could do it.

They used to do these things in the past, even though it was a hassle, like you said.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Just to augment some earlier responses, I rode early the day last Friday, and the line looked clean, bright, and fun. So I suspect this really is just a matter of hot, grimy people taking their toll throughout the day on props that really do sort of beg to be touched anyways.

EpcotServo

If it's possible, they could do it.

They used to do these things in the past, even though it was a hassle, like you said.

There has never, ever, EVER, been an attraction built with queue monitoring Cameras. (*With the exception of Indiana Jones Adventure post Fastpass, They have a Camera way up at Merge to monitor Crowd Flow I believe.)

Again, NO queue in the history of Disney has ever had a dedicated monitoring tower to catch vandalism. Total, and complete fact fail. Heck, most ATTRACTIONS, including Midway Mania, lack a Tower to monitor even INSIDE the ATTRACTION.

In sum Fifty odd Years of attractions, the standard is, and always has been, A walk through of the queue before opening and after closing, to sweep, collect trash, and mark any areas in need of upkeep.

Aside from a bigger Maintenance and upkeep budget, there's nothing else to do.

ILDisneyFan

That's a shame. :(

From what I heard the Disney parks in Asia are ridiculously clean.
The people have a huge amount of respect of props and stuff.

Paris is spotless it's just sometimes there needs some fresh paint or lights.
Trash isn't a problem. :shrug:

LOL, their parks are probably all clean because they all come to the U.S. to help us tear up ours. :lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

In sum Fifty odd Years of attractions, the standard is, and always has been, A walk through of the queue before opening and after closing, to sweep, collect trash, and mark any areas in need of upkeep.

It's not working, then...If vandalism and destruction of a queue is happening, why just let it happen?:shrug:

csaguy

clean

We were there last week. The group in front of us let their kids play between the railings. One kid crawled under the cards and hit his head. It is just too accessible.

EPCOT Explorer

Because some things in life just can not be stopped. A sturdy leaf is the first to fall, But A leaf that can bend in the wind can last a lifetime, Grasshoppa.

However, I must say this...That's a good attitude for a individual to take...not a company whose core values revolve around Show being WAY more important that efficiency.

Rob562

There has never, ever, EVER, been an attraction built with queue monitoring Cameras. (*With the exception of Indiana Jones Adventure post Fastpass, They have a Camera way up at Merge to monitor Crowd Flow I believe.)

Again, NO queue in the history of Disney has ever had a dedicated monitoring tower to catch vandalism. Total, and complete fact fail. Heck, most ATTRACTIONS, including Midway Mania, lack a Tower to monitor even INSIDE the ATTRACTION.

I think the reference to "doing these things in the past" was about your comment of CMs walking the queue to clean. I know that a couple decades ago, they sometimes had custodial CMs *walk* the queues of some attractions along with the Guests and sweep as they went. (I most often heard this in reference to Fantasyland attractions on busy days).

At some point this practice stopped. In the pre-FastPass era, the Standby lines moved steadily enough that this was a viable option. Nowadays, it would be rather inefficient on queues like Pan or Pooh where the Standby queue never moves. At least in the old days, it always crept forward.

-Rob

COProgressFan

I think the reference to "doing these things in the past" was about your comment of CMs walking the queue to clean. I know that a couple decades ago, they sometimes had custodial CMs *walk* the queues of some attractions along with the Guests and sweep as they went. (I most often heard this in reference to Fantasyland attractions on busy days).

At some point this practice stopped. In the pre-FastPass era, the Standby lines moved steadily enough that this was a viable option. Nowadays, it would be rather inefficient on queues like Pan or Pooh where the Standby queue never moves. At least in the old days, it always crept forward.

-Rob

Custodial CMs still regularly walk the queues to clean up at Disneyland.

EpcotServo

-Rob

Custodial CMs still regularly walk the queues to clean up at Disneyland.

Nope, that practice has not stopped, Custodial still sweeps queues during the day. I think there needs to be more Custodial though, I think that'd be a good call all around.

Dragonrider1227

This is why most American queue props are not within reach of the guests. Because most Americans will destroy anything they can get their hands on.
God, so true. As an American, I get so embarrassed about my own country sometimes. I feel like we're the special kid in a class room :brick:Disney can only keep up so much. Though when I was there this September, it didn't look so bad. Maybe because I thought anything that looked like a "mess" was supposed to be part of the "This is the bed room of a ten year old" theme XD

_Scar

Americans usually know the boundaries, and I'm sure so does every other culture out there.

Take EE queue for example. There is a painting of the yeti on a canvas right in guest reach below eye level for anyone to vandalize. Nothing has happened. I was pretty socked and amazed to see they would let this be in their queue. The only vandalism I saw was someone carving 'Ashley' in a wooden table top in the camper room. Since EE is younger, I think the damage is just from young kids. Kids don't ride EE, but they never trash that. Many kids ride TSMM, it's trashed. And I don't think it boils down to where the kids are from. Kids will be kids.

EpcotServo

Americans usually know the boundaries, and I'm sure so does every other culture out there.

Take EE queue for example. There is a painting of the yeti on a canvas right in guest reach below eye level for anyone to vandalize. Nothing has happened. I was pretty socked and amazed to see they would let this be in their queue. The only vandalism I saw was someone carving 'Ashley' in a wooden table top in the camper room. Since EE is younger, I think the damage is just from young kids. Kids don't ride EE, but they never trash that. Many kids ride TSMM, it's trashed. And I don't think it boils down to where the kids are from. Kids will be kids.

If you had seen the Queue post Day-1 like I have, you'd know that they've stripped away hundreds of items and decorations from the Queue because they were being torn apart.

It looks decent now, but at a cost of a much less cooler queue than you see today.

willsdad01

New in the forums here. I don't disagree with what's being said. I'm American and I often wonder why more parents don't discipline their kids. I have two kids who I preach respect so others can enjoy too. To us, Disney is a privledge, not a right of passage that some take it as. Typically we vacation in October over Fall Break and love meeting the tourists from the UK. This past year we vacationed in June and couldn't believe the rude tourists. Not sure from where they came, but they were not what we were used to. Stayed at the POFQ and one of the pool alligators was broken, the pool was closed midday due to glass on the bottom, and kids constantly cut in line while at the pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom