Toy Story Mania queue is a mess

Figment632

Why not just try saying the props should have been out of reach instead of justifying it with some supposed expertise from alleged movie and culture professors? You want to give an opinion, fine. Just don't wrap it in some academic empircal superiority....

I could did through my stuff and quote the numbers but it is not worth it. I still doesn't change the fact that most (key word most I didnt say everyonr) parents let there kids do what ever they wan't. It is sad that Disney would have to make sure that the props are out of reach.

EpcotServo

No prop can be put "Out of Reach" unless it's in a glass cabinet. Even if you put five feet away from the queue, people let their kids climb under the rails to reach it.

Also people have been then letting their spawn "Relieve" themselves all over the queue, that doesn't help.

There is no way around it, a majority of guests here are monsters when it comes to respecting the facilities.

The "Pro"

I could did through my stuff and quote the numbers but it is not worth it. I still doesn't change the fact that most (key word most I didnt say everyonr) parents let there kids do what ever they wan't. It is sad that Disney would have to make sure that the props are out of reach.

This behavior is unaccpetable in my opinion. In fact, during my last visit I noticed several pieces of gum stuck on the walls in the Splash Mountain que. People need to smarten up.

ryno1982

I was in the Midway Mania queue Wednesday night and I couldn't believe how horrible it was. Of course the paint was chipped, but I'm used to that. It was the sad state of Mr. Potato Head that had me upset. One of his ears was gone and his eyes were a yellow tint. It looked like he had liver failure.

EpcotFanForever

Original Poster
Thanks Ryno...

It's nice to see someone get this back on topic.

Some of the queue is beat-up from guests, but some of the problems seem to be neglect. Did it seem just plain dirty to you?

WDW1974

Guests are pigs. Whether they are worse here in the good, old USA is debatable. Europeans are as bad or worse then Americans. Asians, by and large, are much better and more respectful of rules and private property.

While HKDL was near pristine, DLP constantly has to deal with guests who openly are ... well, pigs. The queue for Peter Pan (which I will put a picture up if I ever have time to write a Paris/Anaheim observation thread) was absolutely disgusting last month. Imagine the men's room at a truck stop ... just covered in graffiti all over. A few years ago, BTMRR was like that there and they had to rip out all the wood in the queue and replace it.

PP was the only queue with those type of issues, although there were a few tags in Thunder again and I openly saw some loser trying to scratch something in a railing of ToT's outside queue.

Back to WDW ... TSMM has been a disaster since it opened due to the cheap materials used and guests ability to rip chunks of walls off. It is very similar to Buzz at MK.

In all the cases above, whose fault is it?

Disney's of course.

Guests are pigs. Fine. They have always been to some extent. And guess what? It doesn't matter. It's Disney's job to clean up from them -- no matter what.

It's the very basics of theme park ops. Walt knew it.

One piece of graffiti or trash in a queue is a problem because the sight of it allows other weak-minded losers to think it's also OK to trash the place. One leads to two leads to eight leads ... one helluva mess and bad show.

It really is simple.

You can't make people less boorish by leaving the bad behavior of others for all to see.
You get rid of it.

A pristine queue is a lot more likely to stay that way.

No excuses for TDO.

EPCOTPluto

Disney's of course.

Guests are pigs. Fine. They have always been to some extent. And guess what? It doesn't matter. It's Disney's job to clean up from them -- no matter what.

One piece of graffiti or trash in a queue is a problem because the sight of it allows other weak-minded losers to think it's also OK to trash the place. One leads to two leads to eight leads ... one helluva mess and bad show.

It really is simple.

You can't make people less boorish by leaving the bad behavior of others for all to see.
You get rid of it.

No excuses for TDO.
Now, if there was a huge mess around the drink stations in the Electric Umbrella & no one cleaned it up, there will have to be that one person to tell a oblivious CM that happens to be right next to it to clean it up. Just like last night. :brick:

EpcotServo

I'll say it again: The queue has been cleaned every night, repainted and refurbished every week.

Sail the thread boat any further in that direction and risk drowning in waters of Fail.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'll say it again: The queue has been cleaned every night, repainted and refurbished every week.

Sail the thread boat any further in that direction and risk drowning in waters of Fail.

Is it really repainted every week? If so, do they do it on a schedule? i.e. every Wednesday? If so then perhaps we need to make an effort to always go on Thursday.

WDW1974

Are you talking about TSMM?

If so, then it doesn't matter. They aren't solving the problem. They need to redo the queue with materials that can't be destroyed or they need to watch the queue and throw out anyone who damages it.

janoimagine

If true, the problem is most likely stupid guests (yeah, I mean STUPID). Last time I was there (a year ago next weekend), I couldn't help but notice the people dropping trash, touching EVERYTHING...even sticking gum to walls and props.

Sadly your right ... the mentality is that it is someone else's job to pick up after me ... a theme that is all over society today. I was raised much different.

SoccerMickey

Guests are pigs regardless of their country of origin, age, gender, or social class. I think one thing that makes to Midway Mania queue so trashed is because guests are in that room for a very large portion of their day. IMHO Mr. Potato Head is cool for a minute then it just starts getting annoying as he repeats himself quite often in a short period of time. It would be nice if people could keep their hands to themselves but I think out of boredom they would rather disrespect or let their children disrespect other people's property.

juscet

Don't forget some of the job cuts have affected customer service and I'm sure the cleaning of the parks has also been affected.:)

techiegsy

Guests are pigs. Whether they are worse here in the good, old USA is debatable. Europeans are as bad or worse then Americans. Asians, by and large, are much better and more respectful of rules and private property.

While HKDL was near pristine, DLP constantly has to deal with guests who openly are ... well, pigs. The queue for Peter Pan (which I will put a picture up if I ever have time to write a Paris/Anaheim observation thread) was absolutely disgusting last month. Imagine the men's room at a truck stop ... just covered in graffiti all over. A few years ago, BTMRR was like that there and they had to rip out all the wood in the queue and replace it.

PP was the only queue with those type of issues, although there were a few tags in Thunder again and I openly saw some loser trying to scratch something in a railing of ToT's outside queue.

Back to WDW ... TSMM has been a disaster since it opened due to the cheap materials used and guests ability to rip chunks of walls off. It is very similar to Buzz at MK.

Disney's of course.

It really is simple.

You get rid of it.

No excuses for TDO.

I have to admit, I do agree with some of this, Europens are not as clean as you think, being one, I know first hand. It is all a problem of education and the fact of the matter is, some familys just don't discispline and thats a growing problem in lots of places... I grew up with standards and I would never deface anything, but others don't do that and that is a shame.

But "Walt knew it" I have to admit this problem wasn't as big in his day, people don't think about it as much and it's a shame. Although I agree he would have delt with it better, it's an ongoing problem, and I don't think repainted a queue every week is sensible...

*Walks into the thread.

*Finishes his Coke.

*Sets it on top of the trashcan.

*Leaves...:lookaroun

*Picks up can, put it in the bin*

See, if others can't do it, do it for them. None of that "it's not my mess, so it's not my problem" buisness...

EpcotServo

If so, then it doesn't matter. They aren't solving the problem. They need to redo the queue with materials that can't be destroyed or they need to watch the queue http://forums.wdwmagic.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=3803489and throw out anyone who damages it.

What do you suggest?

Anti-Matter?

Graviton Steel?

Anti-Netronic Touchy-Feely Fields?

Last I checked, the queue was made with some pretty durable stuff. Steel, Metal, Wood, various plastics, and set drywall. I really don't think there's much else to use.

:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

If so, then it doesn't matter. They aren't solving the problem. They need to redo the queue with materials that can't be destroyed or they need to watch the queue and throw out anyone who damages it.
Agreed.

Can damaging count as protein spills?:lookaroun That damaged my Disney experience last trip...
What do you suggest?

Anti-Matter?

Graviton Steel?

Anti-Netronic Touchy-Feely Fields?

Last I checked, the queue was made with some pretty durable stuff. Steel, Metal, Wood, various plastics, and set drywall. I really don't think there's much else to use.

:lol:
How about patrolling it? They do it once a week, but why not sooner?

EpcotServo

How about patrolling it? They do it once a week, but why not sooner?

Well you can't have Cast Members walking in a full queue, so for that to happen you'd need to install more cameras, infrastructure for said Cameras, a new room to monitor the cameras, a new position which means they'd have to hire several more workers, (Which they can't right now anyways), then add in the fact that OTHER attractions would need this too, PLUS most of the damage is caused over time, rather than one major incident. A shove here, a touch there. After awhile the paint just gets worn off, so a person monitoring this on camera A: Wouldn't Notice Anything, B: Would have to abandon post and march across the building to start an incident with a Guest. (Oh boy)

Would it be nice to catch occasional troublemakers? Yes. Is it worth the money? No. Most real bad guests (The toliet-takers, the rippers, the snatchers) Get turned in or noticed by a Cast Members anyways.

Walt 1901

I find, though its sad to say that this has to be done, but I usually pick up any trash that is laying around the queue lines or in the park in general. Once in a while you get lucky and the person who dropped the cup or let his kid do it sees you doing it and is embarassed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom