Toy Story Mania queue is a mess

EpcotServo

:ROFLOL::sohappy:

Win.

And yet another reason to want this show in WDW. :D

You don't. The Genie part and I can show you the world part is good, but the rest of the 37 Minutes are completely overrated. Finding Nemo the Musical is like a Bijjilion times better.

Seriously, ONLY thing in all of DLR I can live without.
:lol:

RSoxNo1

You don't. The Genie part and I can show you the world part is good, but the rest of the 37 Minutes are completely overrated. Finding Nemo the Musical is like a Bijjilion times better.

Seriously, ONLY thing in all of DLR I can live without.

I couldn't disagree more. The Aladdin show and Lion King shows are better than Nemo because of the music. While the soundtrack for Nemo isn't horrible, it's no where near as good as the soundtracks for the Aladdin and Lion King shows.

EpcotServo

I couldn't disagree more. The Aladdin show and Lion King shows are better than Nemo because of the music. While the soundtrack for Nemo isn't horrible, it's no where near as good as the soundtracks for the Aladdin and Lion King shows.

Meh, it's all songs we've heard before. I like Nemo more BECAUSE the music is 100% Original. There's only one new song in Aladdin, and it was entirely forgettable- And that's saying something because my first trip to Disneyland are my most treasured memories, I can recall every second.
:lol: :D

I DO like the Hyperion Theater, I will give it that.

AEfx

I can agree with that.

Our group was completely non-plussed by the Nemo show. Yes, it's pretty, but it's rather boring and the music is lackluster. It's also an issue of retelling the movie; while it's one thing to retell a movie via it's existing music (like Little Mermaid, or Aladdin) but using new music to tell an old story is kind of boring - and doesn't bring those "gee wow" feelings that watching an actual musical with songs you already know and love.

Not to mention, easily voted by our group as the most uncomfortable seats in WDW.

EpcotServo

I can agree with that.

Our group was completely non-plussed by the Nemo show. Yes, it's pretty, but it's rather boring and the music is lackluster. It's also an issue of retelling the movie; while it's one thing to retell a movie via it's existing music (like Little Mermaid, or Aladdin) but using new music to tell an old story is kind of boring - and doesn't bring those "gee wow" feelings that watching an actual musical with songs you already know and love.

Not to mention, easily voted by our group as the most uncomfortable seats in WDW.

I agree...only about the seats.

sponono88

I agree. Nemo is an awesome show with great puppetry and visuals, but the music that was written for it is.. just ok (imo). hard to beat Menken's work!

Epcot Servo, i'm not sure what you mean by the Genie part? The Genie appears through most of the show.. it's not like he only has one scene :shrug: and regarding original music, To Be Free was written just for the show.. that whole scene with Jasmine is quite lovely

It's bad show to have maintenence painting while there are guests in the queue. Disney is doing the best they can at night, the only other thing they can do is to shut the ride down for refurbishment.

Hey, why doesn't anyone complain about ToT's beat up queue? It's beat up worse than any other queue :lookaroun:shrug::ROFLOL:

EpcotServo

I agree. Nemo is an awesome show with great puppetry and visuals, but the music that was written for it is.. just ok (imo). hard to beat Menken's work!

Epcot Servo, i'm not sure what you mean by the Genie part? The Genie appears through most of the show.. it's not like he only has one scene :shrug: and regarding original music, To Be Free was written just for the show.. that whole scene with Jasmine is quite lovely

I mean the first part, Friend Like Me. That scene was good, but the rest...Ennhhh.

I just don't know why everybody goes crazy for it. Nemo, I get. Aladdin, bored to tears.

Not to mention the Arabian finale featuring an actress in an Arabian ECV wheeling around the stage at the end.

I'm glad I was in a balcony- Because I was dying of laughter.

I think it's because Nemo really shines in creativity and is more outlandish and witty. I grew up watching stage plays, and I guess the typical hammy Broadway Faux-Lion King-ness of Aladdin just put me off, sorry to say.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I can agree with that.

I actually think the music at Nemo is quite good, and I do get the "gee wow" feeling from how they actually did manage to retell the story of a non-musical in a musical form while still allowing the characters to retain the same personalities.

But the seats....oy, the seats.

The Aladdin show at DCA is absolutely my favorite Disney park stage show. The staging is great and its in a real theater, with actual seats, and good acoustics, and all that goes along with that. Put Nemo or FotLK in a real theater and take advantage of that improve sets, transitions, etc., and I might rank them equal to Aladdin. But for now, no contest for me. Despite liking Nemo and FotLK, Aladdin at DCA is tops.

RSoxNo1

Meh, it's all songs we've heard before. I like Nemo more BECAUSE the music is 100% Original. There's only one new song in Aladdin, and it was entirely forgettable- And that's saying something because my first trip to Disneyland are my most treasured memories, I can recall every second.

I DO like the Hyperion Theater, I will give it that.

This is a matter of opinion I suppose. I definitely agree that the new song for Aladdin is horrible. However, the scope and quality of songs created for those two movies is better than the songs that were created for The Nemo Musical/Nemo Submarine Voyage/The Seas With Nemo and Friends. With that said, I enjoy Go with the Flow, but can't stand Big Blue World.

I can agree with that.

The Nemo show looks very good. I would argue that each of the three shows have their own unique visuals. I find Festival of the Lion King and The Aladdin Musical to have better music, and more comedy for my tastes.

The Genie only has a few areas for free form improv, I assume that's what he's talking about.

sponono88

I mean the first part, Friend Like Me. That scene was good, but the rest...Ennhhh.

I just don't know why everybody goes crazy for it. Nemo, I get. Aladdin, bored to tears.

Not to mention the Arabian finale featuring an actress in an Arabian ECV wheeling around the stage at the end.

I'm glad I was in a balcony- Because I was dying of laughter.

aw come on.. the ECV lady has been with the show for a long time now. She has an amazing voice - if you're sitting down in the Orchestra section during the Prince Ali scene.. wow. you should see people's reactions as she whizzes on by with her operatic, high soprano note. :lol: I understand you don't like the show.. but let's leave the ECV actress out of this. :wave:

EpcotServo

This is a matter of opinion I suppose. I definitely agree that the new song for Aladdin is horrible. However, the scope and quality of songs created for those two movies is better than the songs that were created for The Nemo Musical/Nemo Submarine Voyage/The Seas With Nemo and Friends. With that said, I enjoy Go with the Flow, but can't stand Big Blue World.

While I enjoy the songs, there are thankfully no musical numbers on the Submarine Voyage.

aw come on.. the ECV lady has been with the show for a long time now. She has an amazing voice - if you're sitting down in the Orchestra section during the Prince Ali scene.. wow. you should see people's reactions as she whizzes on by with her operatic, high soprano note. I understand you don't like the show.. but let's leave the ECV actress out of this.

I know, I know. But still...First time at Disneyland, all the hype for the show, Arabian ECV...It was funny.

I will admit, the show had just opened when I saw it. It may have gotten better...Though for me, Nemo got worse once the opening actors and actresses started leaving.

techiegsy

I said that Custodial IS doing their part. It'd just help if their were more.

And that's terrible thinking actually. Think about it. If you were to close a ride at 3PM, you'd have a 120 Min. queue. It's physically impossible to shut the ride down for Five Minutes. It'd take around two hours to cycle that queue out of the attraction, and if it involves painting (Which it doesn't, they already paint it every time it gets bad.) that takes at least an hour. So now you've got your Star attraction out for THREE HOURS. A park is generally open for 11 hours, and expects around 20,000 people. Now...I don't want to do the math, but if the attraction only does some 1,700 people an hour, that means that only around 13,000 people will get to ride it that today, compared to 18,000.

Good job Evan, Now nearly half the park won't get to ride!
:brick: :p

Seriously, sometimes, and I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but Disney actually is doing the best it can on this issue.

As I said, only thing that might help in the long run is too hire more Custodial. Basic Roller Coaster Tycoon Fix!

EDIT: Didn't notice next page!! thought this was last post before I posted!

I was about to say about that 5 minute thing, Closing it at peak times (when it would make most sense, because if it was too close to opening or closing it would be pointless) would result in a long wait, you can't close major rides for 5 minutes, without closing them for at leat 2 hours. And paint drying in 5 mins is somethin I want to see (more to the point a decent paint job done in 5 mins).

If you want a good queue then people need to stop trashing it, theres only so much disney can do, and I'd imagine that they would expect people to keep control of their children...

But ya'know, I'm not a parent, but I know boudries kids should have, and if someone elses breaks them, I will tell the parent. I think I said this earlier in this forum, Saying its someone elses problem their parenting is bad is not the best approach!

Chance

TSM is really one of the most beatup lines:hurl:. my boys and i were in legoland california and the new egypt area had opened 6 days prior, and there was a whole section of a building that had been picked clean! it had cool hyrogliphics and nasty rude 'people' had to deface it. Disneyland was kinda dirty, WDW is much cleaner.

Sorry I disagree --- Disneyland might be older, but definately not dirty. I find the majority of the park and attractions have an extra spiff compensating for the "size" issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom