Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

While the theming (or decorations depending on your stance on theming ;)) seems more kid-oriented, the two new rides seem to skew more toward "family-friendly" than "kiddie", assuming what is in the concept art is what will be built.
Yes, the 32" and 40" height requirements will exclude some kiddies.

It's family friendly in a park that largely isn't.

matt9112

Yes, the 32" and 40" height requirements will exclude some kiddies.

It's family friendly in a park that largely isn't.

32 inch isn't much my 4 year old is 42 inches...Granted I know some family's have multiple children so bringing a baby or something might not be a choice.

Biff215

If there is a height limit it could limit the demographic it was designed for - as seen in SGE. Catch 22.
As a parent of a 7 and soon to be 3 year old, I have realized that "family friendly" doesn't always mean toddler friendly. That's okay though, as most of those rides wouldn't be enjoyed by my younger one anyway. Every ride doesn't need to be height requirement free to be family friendly. Part of the fun of each trip is seeing which new attractions my kids can experience. I also realize I'm often in the minority having brought both of my kids twice a year since birth. Many won't go until they feel their child can form memories, and by that point, most height requirements are a non-issue anyway.

The only way to be more inclusive would be to build a dark ride, but I'm assuming they feel they already have that in this land with TSMM.

ToTBellHop

As a parent of a 7 and soon to be 3 year old, I have realized that "family friendly" doesn't always mean toddler friendly. That's okay though, as most of those rides wouldn't be enjoyed by my younger one anyway. Every ride doesn't need to be height requirement free to be family friendly. Part of the fun of each trip is seeing which new attractions my kids can experience. I also realize I'm often in the minority having brought both of my kids twice a year since birth. Many won't go until they feel their child can form memories, and by that point, most height requirements are a non-issue anyway.

The only way to be more inclusive would be to build a dark ride, but I'm assuming they feel they already have that in this land with TSMM.
I agree here. Disney is VERY reasonable with its height requirements. Once a kid hits 40" there is only a very small number of rides they can't ride (half dozen or so). Not so at Universal. I'd love to see Diagon Alley but we are holding off til the kids are older. At least we saw Hogsmeade before they were born.

Not too much longer, though. Trying to enjoy the time when they still ask to go on Small World. In 10 years, I'll have to beg them to go on something other than a mountain.

orlando678-

I firmly believe more is on the way. But a classic D ticket dark ride would be great for TSL.

If this is all I'll be upset too.
I would love to see that flying nightmare before christmas dark ride it would be great. Oh and dont worry, this isnt all, they just havent announced everything yet.

ToTBellHop

I firmly believe more is on the way. But a classic D ticket dark ride would be great for TSL.

It would have to mean SERIOUS budget slash. $2.8 bn for this would require a LOT of $30000 wrenches and $50000 toilet seats.

I agree with you on dark rides, of course. I'm sure the argument is that the land already has a D-ticket dark ride. What is unfortunate is that even if they didn't want to put in the Door Coaster, the area for the third TSMM track could have certainly held a nice dark ride and have had an even better impact on capacity than the slow-loading TSMM. And I bet the cost would have been comparable (What's an extra $20m for R&D when you are talking the budget DHS apparently received?). Too many missed opportunities.

DinoInstitute

I would love to see that flying nightmare before christmas dark ride it would be great. Oh and dont worry, this isnt all, they just havent announced everything yet.
I doubt that though, I would be really surprised if Nightmare Before Christmas is the IP they go with. I honestly don't care what theme of dark ride we get though, it just needs to be a solid people-eating omnimover

orlando678-

I doubt that though, I would be really surprised if Nightmare Before Christmas is the IP they go with. I honestly don't care what theme of dark ride we get though, it just needs to be a solid people-eating omnimover
I know, I just wish Tim Burton would get more love than an overlay and a maze in Shanghai. The possibilities would be great, especially with holidays.

CrescentLake

Believe or have you heard through your sources that more could/is on the way? Because quite frankly, I am very excited for the new announcements but still seems like only half of what 3 Billion+ could buy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom