Tower of Terror Thread!

toetheline29

i guess no one wants to talk about tower :(

Okay, how 'bout this:

Which do you prefer, when it drops you or shoots you upwards first?

Personally, I like it better when you drop first. I find it's much more thrilling that way. My sister, on the other hand, hates it when it drops first (she's still nervous about going on it, though :)).

glendroid

Original Poster
Okay, how 'bout this:

Which do you prefer, when it drops you or shoots you upwards first?

Personally, I like it better when you drop first. I find it's much more thrilling that way. My sister, on the other hand, hates it when it drops first (she's still nervous about going on it, though :)).

i like both because it keeps you guessing!

if you went down everytime the thrill would be gone. i like the randomness of up or down when entering the drop shaft :)

scheat

Saw something on ToT last trip that i hadn't seen before, but I'm sure many others have. In the pre-video there's a hidden mickey-the little girl is holding a stuffed Mickey and it's the only thing in color. Just something I thought I'd add to the conversation.

glendroid

Original Poster
i think the tower in tokyo is so pretty =O

tower_of_terror.jpg

toetheline29

The Tokyo one is very pretty, especially with all the lights. I wonder what it looks like during the day.

I don't have a picture of it, but personally, I don't think the Disneyland Tower of Terror is that nice to look at. It looks too blockish and mishapen (the word "tower" generally implies an actual tower). I like the WDW one best. I think it actually looks like it could have been a hotel at some point.

Pseybert

I liked it the most when they used to tilt you out of the shaft before the drop and the seats vibrated to make you feel like you would fall out!

Does anyone know why they took that out?

I liked it the most when they used to tilt you out of the shaft before the drop and the seats vibrated to make you feel like you would fall out!

I mean, the whole elevator flying out of the shaft thing was pretty cool, but I prefered it when there were no elevators and the library was actually what dropped you. Call me old school like that.

Giavonna98

my sister loves hollywood tower of terror! (me not so much bet whatever). :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:it's really funny tome how a bunch of peole are slowly coming to love this ride!

EvanAnderson

Oh yea you know, that ride is actually able to do that. The ride vehicle can disengage from the elevator it's sitting on, roll out the window, then tilt the vehicle forward, then vibrate the seats, then drop you from there. Yup, the ride vehicle just drops from that point and safely lands in another drop shaft and then it finishes the ride then backs out onto the unload area, and the next vehicle does it again. :rolleyes:

Every minute.

Of every day.

And there have been nothing wrong it.

PLEASE rethink what you wrote. How is an ELEVATOR ON A TRACK able to move OUT OF THE ELEVATOR SHAFT IT IS ATTACHED TO?

Yes I know that the VEHICLES can move horizontally, but the vehicles simply drive themselves onto a VVC (vertical vehicle conveyor) which is what moves up and down rapidly.

Therefore, the VVC's can't move horizontally, so whatever you thought of the vehicle doing...tilting out over the park, was wrong. You imagined it.

Theme parks do have to be SAFE. Taking an elevator and pulling it out of its elevator shaft and letting it go will cause it to fall...

...fast... then it will explode upon impact and everyone on the ground and on the ride will be killed. Not even Disney magic can stop that from happening.

Oh and Mickey's not real.

Oh yea you know, that ride is actually able to do that. The ride vehicle can disengage from the elevator it's sitting on, roll out the window, then tilt the vehicle forward, then vibrate the seats, then drop you from there. Yup, the ride vehicle just drops from that point and safely lands in another drop shaft and then it finishes the ride then backs out onto the unload area, and the next vehicle does it again. :rolleyes:

Every minute.

Of every day.

And there have been nothing wrong it.

PLEASE rethink what you wrote. How is an ELEVATOR ON A TRACK able to move OUT OF THE ELEVATOR SHAFT IT IS ATTACHED TO?

Yes I know that the VEHICLES can move horizontally, but the vehicles simply drive themselves onto a VVC (vertical vehicle conveyor) which is what moves up and down rapidly.

Therefore, the VVC's can't move horizontally, so whatever you thought of the vehicle doing...tilting out over the park, was wrong. You imagined it.

Theme parks do have to be SAFE. Taking an elevator and pulling it out of its elevator shaft and letting it go will cause it to fall...

...fast... then it will explode upon impact and everyone on the ground and on the ride will be killed. Not even Disney magic can stop that from happening.

Oh and Mickey's not real.

Hun, take a step back and take a break. It's safe to assume pseybert over there knows what he's talking about.
I see you're seasonal at tower, so are pretty much half the people here. You really gotta learn to take a joke.

goodtimes5286

idk, but i think im the only one that prefers the Twilight Zone theming instead of Mr. Harrison Hightower (even though he's based off my FAVORITE imageneer!!). I think the whole made up gremlin thing is a bit overdone, and the incorporation of an iconic american tv show with THE iconic theme park company was a perfect meld. Although I do understand completly why it was done that way in japan, they wern't as big with that TZ show.

Also I think it was 10x better with the bar over the belt. I remember my sister getting in there with my dad and I (he was about 250 and i was about 225 at the time, she was all cheerleader 90lbs soaking wet). Even with the tightest grasp, floating inches off the seat was unreal. I envy her experience to this day.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom