Tops off!!

brich

Alright, I'll risk the onslaught of responses from this group. Wouldn't be the first time...

I can't help but notice the judgmental tone of this thread. We all come in many shapes and forms. From different cultures and countries. I can't believe the judging that is going on? I mean, who really cares what people wear? Stop gawking. You're there to see the parks, not evaluate clothing and body types. We as a culture are so hung up on the human body as a whole as being nothing more than sexual, it's just plain nonsense. Now I'm no naturist and I'm mildly plump, but by no means obese. I am what I am. If we just stopped judging people on their appearance and if we stopped treating the human body as something dirty, we would have one less thing that annoyed us. Get over it...:shrug:

I don't get why the Magic Kingdom has to abide by any clothing rules that go beyond what is deemed decent by state and local laws. If you can wear it to the beach or to the mall or anywhere in public, why shouldn't you in the Magic Kingdom? Shoes? Ya, that's a no brainer. But bikini tops or tank tops? Maybe if more sweaty big men took off their shirts, there would be far less of you impatient types pushing and crawling up the backs of legs while waiting in queue...:rolleyes:

People in glass houses.... jeesh. :lookaroun

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I can't help but notice the judgmental tone of this thread.

Thats the joys of message boards, I seem to recall a thread that berated wearers of "branded" and designer clothing to the parks, now its messages on a bottom and heaving cleavages.

Personally if someone chooses to dress like a pikey or some kind of skanky crack moose thats there choice Id pay as much attention to them as the Carmen Maranda lookylikeys I saw one gay day. However that dosent mean its not my prerogative to have the odd titter at my fellow countrymen and our inability to dress for warm climates.

Damian31

Original Poster
Thats the joys of message boards, I seem to recall a thread that berated wearers of "branded" and designer clothing to the parks, now its messages on a bottom and heaving cleavages.

Personally if someone chooses to dress like a pikey or some kind of skanky crack moose thats there choice Id pay as much attention to them as the Carmen Maranda lookylikeys I saw one gay day. However that dosent mean its not my prerogative to have the odd titter at my fellow countrymen and our inability to dress for warm climates.

well said...I agree. We are not seriously bashing anyone here just having a bit of a jokey debate:) and because I am gorgeous and alot of people are not I think gives me the right to criticise them:p

Fun2BFree

I'm with you on that one! I'm a brit and we walk around the parks chav spotting! It's so cringey!

Once, at Busch Gardens, we saw a group of 18-20 year olds walking around with no tops on (girls in bikini tops), smoking in non-designated areas, leaning over the "do not pet the animals" sign to stroke the giant tortoise. My DH and I just looked at each other and as one groaned "Brits!" and beat a hasty retreat in case anyone tried to associate us with them! It's a nightmare!

I entered the bold text into UrbanDictionary.com and found no matches, so I'm going to take that phrase at its literal meaning. :lookaroun

RiversideBunny

It's ironic, considering the self bashing from the UK on here, that in the US when an advertiser on TV (the tele) wants to have his product sound high class and exclusive, they often use a presenter with a British accent.

:)

MouseMadness

You should have at least waited for someone to call you out. That makes for far better forum banter... :D

So...:lookaroun Are you the "him" or the "her" in your avatar...:slurp:

:animwink:

I'll go ahead and let out my inner geek, but I believe the "her" is Cordelia from Buffy the Vampire Slayer :lookaroun

:eek:

wdwmomof3

I'm with you on that one! I'm a brit and we walk around the parks chav spotting! It's so cringey!

Once, at Busch Gardens, we saw a group of 18-20 year olds walking around with no tops on (girls in bikini tops), smoking in non-designated areas, leaning over the "do not pet the animals" sign to stroke the giant tortoise. My DH and I just looked at each other and as one groaned "Brits!" and beat a hasty retreat in case anyone tried to associate us with them! It's a nightmare!

So you all call them "Brits" but here in the deep south we call them Rednecks! :lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
So you all call them "Brits" but here in the deep south we call them Rednecks! :lol:

No theyre called Chavs & Neds, Council House And Violent, Non Educated Delinquent.

chav2.jpg

ASBO = Anti social behaviour order.

Tiggerfanatic

I know it's a bit off topic, but what I can't stand are when girls wear shorts with words on the butt.>>>>>>

Being a Florida resident, I get to see a lot of strange dressing going on, but the one that tops the cake........

My husband and I were shopping in an antigue shop and I noticed a white haired lady with her hair sort of up in a beehive from the 60s weating a pair of low waisted short shorts with the word "juicy " on her bottom. Underneath with the straps showing above the shorts was a red thong. She had to be 75-80 years old and was carrying her poodle that also had on shorts with a word across the bottm. LOL I had to leave the store quickly so I wouldn't laugh in front of her.

Have you ever heard Jeff Foxworthy's bit about this? he actually uses "juicy" in his monolouge, and it is freakin' hilarious.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom