Tops off!!

figmentisgreat

I know it's a bit off topic, but what I can't stand are when girls wear shorts with words on the butt.

I know! It screams "I lack self esteem, so I need to put writing on my butt to make you look" Also, I hate when 6-10 year olds especially are wearing them, because at that point, the parents are condoning drawing attention to their child's butt. HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fun2BFree

Ok imagine being on the monorail and hearing the monorail speach with the monorail voice saying that.....

Welcome to the WDW Monorail,your highway in the sky and please dont forget......

BTW-just moved here to Indy from Ft myers after 18 years there...actually Cape Coral.

Permanecez "clothed", por favor. :lookaroun

EDIT: Aww.. that one was actually from the Matterhorn. My point stands, however. ;)

RedGear

eww that worst is seeing really fat guys in a little speedo, and I dont like the shirts off at the parks either, it's icky! I can't walk around half naked(wouldn't want to either) and I don't want to see your hairyness either. Keep that at home. . . . or your hotel room please. . .
:p

Eyorefan

I agree with the writing on girl's butts. Espically children.

I also would like to add men who wear tank tops. I'm sorry, I don't want to see your hairy sweaty arm pits while I eat my food, even if your chest is coverd, its still gross.

Chu-Chi Face

This has got to be the most entertaining post for a while!!!

My husband and I made similar observations about a number of Brits a few years back - what is with the 3/4 length 'Diadora' trousers and 'Umbro' trainers/ sneakers??? :shrug:

mickeymaniacs

I know! It screams "I lack self esteem, so I need to put writing on my butt to make you look" Also, I hate when 6-10 year olds especially are wearing them, because at that point, the parents are condoning drawing attention to their child's butt. HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I totally agree with you. With all the predators out there why would you want your child to draw attention to themselves like that! It scares me when I see young teenage girls do it, They just don't think about the danger they could be putting themselves into.Some people out there consider that an invitation whether you want them to or not.

Raven66

I totally agree with you. With all the predators out there why would you want your child to draw attention to themselves like that! It scares me when I see young teenage girls do it, They just don't think about the danger they could be putting themselves into.Some people out there consider that an invitation whether you want them to or not.

I won't even get my dd anything personalized, like a shirt or backpack. Some one could walk up and say "hi so and so, you mom sent me to get you" The world is just too scary.

WildLodgeFan

Gorjus it's bad that you are being treated like that. Standards need to be set and enforced across the parks to ensure consistency. If I saw someone have a go at a CM because they were being pulled for doing wrong my conscience would get the better of me and I would have to pass comment to stand up for the CM. At the end of the day standards seem to have eroded to the point of not existing with the way some people behave.
As for the pictures above I would love to live in 50's America everything I see and read about it seems to be appealing, of course there was a dark side to some parts of life then but life seemed more exciting and people didn't expect to get what they wanted but looked forward to things. Anyway I am waffling.

AMEN! It saddens me to live in an age where it's all about me and what I want.

Pippa

I have noticed this too. And they seem to wear branded sportswear (Next or Tesco not good enough for them!) with lots of jewellery! To me, you wear jewellery when you dress up - never with track suits, football shirts and trainers!

I'm a brit too and am utterly ashamed of the "chav" element at WDW (or anywhere else for that matter) I can only assume that they do not have mirrors in their houses or hotel rooms. Either that or they are deliberately trying to look like Vicky Pollard.

Yes I know I'm a snob but I have standards!!!!!!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Pumbas you crack me up. :lol:

I wouldn't exactly call not wanting 30,000 perfect strangers staring at my underage daughter's rear all day a hang up. :wave:

Thats probably because your daughter doesn't have self esteem issues. :animwink:

or the realisation that if you have a teenage son and they have t'internet, they are probably well aware of cleavage and beyond.

On an other point:
Far be it for me to hypothesise but perhaps the issue over clothing or lack of it could be rooted in failure to own a body that would look good in such attire. After all slappers are fine for a bit of window shopping.

MouseMadness

Thats probably because your daughter doesn't have self esteem issues. :animwink:

or the realisation that if you have a teenage son and they have t'internet, they are probably well aware of cleavage and beyond.

On an other point:
Far be it for me to hypothesise but perhaps the issue over clothing or lack of it could be rooted in failure to own a body that would look good in such attire. After all slappers are fine for a bit of window shopping.

Oh I don't know... most of the bodies IN the attire really don't look all that good in it either. :lookaroun

Ilovewishes

I'm a brit too and am utterly ashamed of the "chav" element at WDW (or anywhere else for that matter) I can only assume that they do not have mirrors in their houses or hotel rooms. Either that or they are deliberately trying to look like Vicky Pollard.

Yes I know I'm a snob but I have standards!!!!!!

I'm with you on that one! I'm a brit and we walk around the parks chav spotting! It's so cringey!

Once, at Busch Gardens, we saw a group of 18-20 year olds walking around with no tops on (girls in bikini tops), smoking in non-designated areas, leaning over the "do not pet the animals" sign to stroke the giant tortoise. My DH and I just looked at each other and as one groaned "Brits!" and beat a hasty retreat in case anyone tried to associate us with them! It's a nightmare!

Rabflmom

Love it!! why do some british women (I know not all!)insist on wearing every item of jewellery they own all at the same time! They look like Mr T!

You can so tell british tourists in wdw! I still half expect some british dads to come out wearing a knotted hanky on their head! If I gave my dad half a chance he would!:hammer:>>>>>>>

Not limited to one race or nationality when it comes to wearing the whole jewelry box of jewelry at the same time. LOL I sell jewelry for a living now and I can tell you that a good share of the people who come in to buy anything have rings on every finger, multiple chains and pendants around their necks, and bracelets on each arm almost up to the elbow.
Usually they don't take it off-ever- and it shows! I am not sure why they think dirty gold or silver jewelry looks good! LOL

Rabflmom

I know it's a bit off topic, but what I can't stand are when girls wear shorts with words on the butt.>>>>>>

Being a Florida resident, I get to see a lot of strange dressing going on, but the one that tops the cake........

My husband and I were shopping in an antigue shop and I noticed a white haired lady with her hair sort of up in a beehive from the 60s weating a pair of low waisted short shorts with the word "juicy " on her bottom. Underneath with the straps showing above the shorts was a red thong. She had to be 75-80 years old and was carrying her poodle that also had on shorts with a word across the bottm. LOL I had to leave the store quickly so I wouldn't laugh in front of her.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Love it!! why do some british women (I know not all!)insist on wearing every item of jewellery they own all at the same time! They look like Mr T!

Sounds like my mother, she looks like shes wearing diamond knuckle dusters. She used to wear so many chains MR T would look positively under dressed. It could be good strategy as most robbers would assume that they have to be fake rather than antique hand me downs.

I must be more from my fathers side, I had a wedding ring (my grandfathers) which I lost and have no other jewellery since including a watch, theres a clock on my phone and on my PC why would I need another:lol:

bjlc57

well I can tell you ..

We were at WDW in the magic kingdom waiting for the last parade of the night. it was close to 100 degrees. and trust me, almost half the women in the crowd had their shirts off. Big women, and I mean bigger then me, 6'5" ( 318) were in their bra's. Little women in their bra's ... every thing was hanging every where. I just thought it was funny. because most bra's cover way more then most swimsuit tops. so I wasn't offended.

and NO ONE SAID ANYTHING TO ANYONE. ZERO.

in fact on the thread with about who else is in the photo with you, I was shocked not to see anyone dressed that way.

But the night we were there, it was HOT. and people weren't being shy about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom