Tops off!!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Gorjus - there should be a confidential phone line for your park's VP or some other similar high-up. You should call and leave a message and naming names about them promoting the violation of park policies.

It is not acceptable.

Disneyparisfan

Originally Posted by Ilovewishes
Another thing I find very very strange (I see it more here in Britain at places like Alton Towers - have seen it LOADS of times at Alton Towers!) are the girls who wear those teeny tiny shorts, little tiny vest tops and killer heels!

And has anyone ever noticed that in the UK, at the first hint of sunshine, everyone strips off??? It could be freezing outside but because the sun's out, out come the sunnies and the shorts and vest tops!

Are these people mad??? :shrug:

Not to sound picky but....:zipit:

for 'British' please insert 'English' as for us in bonny Scotland stripping off every time it gets bright outside would result in a few more eunuchs running about if you know what I mean. Its April now, nice and sunny, and the car was a carsicle this morning. -2c Completely Brass monkeys!

Wooly jumpers all round for us please. Thats why we go to WDW. Its warm! (and my Daughter still wants to wear a vest!:hammer:) so we're NOT going to be stripping off thank you very much:p

Gorjus

Gorjus - there should be a confidential phone line for your park's VP or some other similar high-up. You should call and leave a message and naming names about them promoting the violation of park policies.

It is not acceptable.

There is. I'm sure you know there is. But without witness statements, nothing could be done. Geesh, do I really want someone being able to make up a bunch of stuff about me and posting it on the confidential line and then have disciplinary action? Witness statements are for those who feel like tattling on their fellow cast members or in response to someone, guest or CM, tattling on them. It is an official record and names are attached.

I've had plenty of opportunity to tattle on fellow CM's, but really, how old am I, 5? Sadly some of them are. There is one group of people who would be writing lots of witness statements complaining about me if their witness statements didn't sound something like this:

She's doing her job as instructed and we aren't. She is inconveniencing us and making us look bad. Why can't she do what everyone else is doing and goof off or let the guests do what they want?

It is a fine line you walk getting along with your fellow castmembers, doing what management wants, and not annoying the guests.

A slacker tends to get along with a slacker. An achiever gets along with an achiever. But put an achiever with a slacker and you have tension.

joshwill

beleive it or not, no one is forcing you to look at them.

<entering sarcasm mode>

i have a suggestion, it may be a bit far-fetched and may take some effort and pre-planning to fully implement it, but you could um...keep in mind its just a suggestion, you could always look away. call me crazy, but it just might work.

<exiting sarcasm mode>

i personally would applaude those women. not for the no bra thing specifically, but for doing what makes them comfortable. personally, i could care less about what others think of my dress, especially at a place like wdw. like im ever going to see them again?

wear what you want as long as it with the law and disneys guidelines.

Gorjus

We have a double edged sword here.

We get very upset when society says you have to be beautiful and thin and dress right, just like the models in magazines and on TV. Those women and men are aberrations, freaks, and so much in the minority.

Then we get upset when people get comfortable in their own skin and feel ok showing it off because we want to see perfection or if not perfection, we don't want to see rampant imperfection.

What we have with the women is the need to attract men by being half naked. It is as if they will lose their men if they aren't turning them on 24/7. Despite my previous rant about letting people ride heelies naked, I ran into a woman who had her scoop neck shirt down to the point where you could just see the edge of her nipples. Assuming she didn't realize it had slid down that low, I asked her to pull it up before photographing her with one of our characters. She pulled it up and then pulled it back down so that you couldn't see the edge of the nipple, but just barely. I asked her to pull it up again. She acted as if I was asking her to put a burka on. She kept looking at the man with her as if she was ashamed that she wasn't going to look attractive next to him and he was going to leave her instantly because she wasn't showing all her cleavage.

At Disney, I don't care if you are fat or thin, hairy or not. What I care about is that you show a level of decorum. Show cleavage, but not down to the level of the nipple. If you must bare your mid-drift, keep your pants above the level of your hip bone. A little mystery goes a long way.

I understand that men need to be attracted physically to a woman. They are visual creatures. But if being half naked is the only thing keeping that man with you, you are going to lose him eventually when you become older. Why not wait for a man who loves you and your body, not just your body which will fade as time goes on.

joshwill

We have a double edged sword here.

We get very upset when society says you have to be beautiful and thin and dress right, just like the models in magazines and on TV. Those women and men are aberrations, freaks, and so much in the minority.

Then we get upset when people get comfortable in their own skin and feel ok showing it off because we want to see perfection or if not perfection, we don't want to see rampant imperfection.

What we have with the women is the need to attract men by being half naked. It is as if they will lose their men if they aren't turning them on 24/7. Despite my previous rant about letting people ride heelies naked, I ran into a woman who had her scoop neck shirt down to the point where you could just see the edge of her nipples. Assuming she didn't realize it had slid down that low, I asked her to pull it up before photographing her with one of our characters. She pulled it up and then pulled it back down so that you couldn't see the edge of the nipple, but just barely. I asked her to pull it up again. She acted as if I was asking her to put a burka on. She kept looking at the man with her as if she was ashamed that she wasn't going to look attractive next to him and he was going to leave her instantly because she wasn't showing all her cleavage.

At Disney, I don't care if you are fat or thin, hairy or not. What I care about is that you show a level of decorum. Show cleavage, but not down to the level of the nipple. If you must bare your mid-drift, keep your pants above the level of your hip bone. A little mystery goes a long way.

I understand that men need to be attracted physically to a woman. They are visual creatures. But if being half naked is the only thing keeping that man with you, you are going to lose him eventually when you become older. Why not wait for a man who loves you and your body, not just your body which will fade as time goes on.

well said.

:sohappy:

kev1000

Im afraid that your average tattooed @*^k wit would have a clue what appropriate meant far less what it was. And I guarantee that if they did they still wouldn't care.

The sun is a novelty for the average brit and is associated with cheap beach holidays in Spain so they dress accordingly. Its either that or wear nylon football shirts made in some third world sweat shop.

I will ariveing in 10 days and have a few tattoos after reading this thread
i will have to get doing some shopping for long sleeve shirts to cover them up as not to offend any one.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
What is standard operating proceedure at one park is not allowed at other parks. What management at one park says is ok is grounds for witness statements at other parks.

This is VERY True! I was amazed when I contracted at Disney and worked at all 4 parks how different they are...it's as if they're 4 separate entities and never share info on what they've found that works better in certain areas. I worked with outdoor foods and they all do things very differently depending on which park it is.

wedway71

This is just freakin great....

You guys got me all freaked out now...

I spent alot of time at the mall picking out my outfit for MK...

Leather " buttless" chaps and a leather vest with no shirt underneath.

Gorjus

This is VERY True! I was amazed when I contracted at Disney and worked at all 4 parks how different they are...it's as if they're 4 separate entities and never share info on what they've found that works better in certain areas. I worked with outdoor foods and they all do things very differently depending on which park it is.

It is an eye opener, isn't it about different personalities? It is like Washington. It isn't about if the idea is good for the country. If my side thougth it up, it is a good idea. If your side thought it up, it is a bad idea.

Has anyone heard of the 12 year rule at Disney? After 12 years, they will purposely find ways to fire you so as not to pay you more money and benefits? I heard this from a very bitter guy, so I take it with a grain of salt, but don't put it past a huge company like Disney.

LeeLee D

Oooooooo Baby!:kiss:

When will you be there????:animwink:

wdwmomof3

Did anyone else get the email of the older mother and the 30-40 something year old daughter who were said to have been kicked out of Disney Land? The picture showed them walking with Mickey Mouse shirts on but where the ears were, it was cut out and their "body parts" were hanging out. Now that was gross! This had to be a fake picture, why would anyone really do that.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Might be a bit too far, if you were to add a red t shirt though...........................

Disneyparisfan

Did anyone else get the email of the older mother and the 30-40 something year old daughter who were said to have been kicked out of Disney Land? The picture showed them walking with Mickey Mouse shirts on but where the ears were, it was cut out and their "body parts" were hanging out. Now that was gross! This had to be a fake picture, why would anyone really do that.

Yea, I got that one.:hurl:

GROSS!!!!

If I saw that at one of the parks, the CM's wouldnt have to throw them out, I dont think I could stop myself from doing the job for them.:fork:

I REALLY hope it was a fake, but then again you just dont know. Disneyland seems to be a bit of a target for some people. In a town just north of me, a local 'budding artist' decided to make political comment on the side of a building with a huge mural of 'Disneyland Guantanamo'

Last I heard Disney isnt connected with the CIA, so why have a dig at them?:shrug:

Freaks and weirdo's. I have to deal with them all day at work, I really dont want to see them on vacation!:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom