Toontown expansion into the Speedway Area

CubsRock

frankd1962 said:
mktt.jpg
Sorry about the size of the picture but I figured we could see it it better. Got this off Google Earth so that explains the 20K still being there but beyond the Toontown station there is nothing but woods. I think it would be a good place the Villians home. Build a pathway over the tracks and make it slightly "spooky" to lead in there. As for attraction in there, Pete is one who should get a place and some minor places for some of the major villians.

Maybe it could be themed to Kingdom Hearts. That features a lot of Disney Villians

CubsRock

Lee said:
Not really. There was a concept for a Matterhorn-like mountain at the MK in the early phases of development, located sort of between the sub lagoon and where Toontown is now.
It fell out of the plans for many reasons, but sight lines wasn't one of them.

Actually, a mountain behind the castle would look great. Find some photos of HK Disneyland with the real mountains in the background. Very nice.

The main reason to not bulid the Matterhorn at MK probably was probably to keep it unique to Disneyland so that they wouldn't lose any more tourists to WDW.

Herk said:
Well then .. lets see shall we. RnR has nothing to do with movies full stop. And ToT it would easier if they included that a film crew was looking for a location to film there new horror film. I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT.

However in its current state it doesn't really fit any sought of story or plot to make it theme in with the the movies. You have attractions to put you in the middle of the movies, showing you backstage to show you the way(a very loose term) of how they convert animated film to stage shows, and the complexity of creating a 3D show.

Even Star Tours is puting you in the movies by saying you are boarding a craft heading to Endor. ToT nah sorry.

If I was Iger I would rip out RnR and put an attraction about movies. Then rip up the ride and sell in to Universal brick by brick and put in an attractionlike "Mels Hotel" where you are following the scenes from where the cameraman would be.

Hello!? The hotel is called "Hollywood Hotel"!! As in Hollywood, California, where they make basically all movies...The story is it used to be THE Hotel where all the famous Actors, Directors, etc. stayed...

Herk

tocpE SE said:
Everyone seriously needs to quit replying to this idiot. He's obviously trying to get a rise out of people and you're letting him.

Seriously I am just stating what I feel like with these bits and pieces of the studios it was rushed out the door, and what they built there to bring people in is actually quite lame.

Also for ToT in doesn't explain something quite simple why do you go into the Hollywood Tower Hotel. If they said something like a film crew was looking fo a place to film a movie I could understand why its there and its purpose tofill the horror genre of movies.

Scar Junior said:
/\/\ -- Umm... It's at Universal where you "ride the movies." The studios is about entertainment and production (hence the word studios). It's not just about movies. Sounds Dangerous = foley and sound effects. RnR = Music and Soundtracks. Animation is there. Stunts are there. ToT is emulative of television, as was WWtbaM. There's more but I think I've proved my point.

EDIT: I can't believe I'm defending the Studios; the one park I want drastically changed.

You get sound effects in movies mate. With animation you can get animated films. You get stunts in movies as well you Know. ToT I actually think they were trying to fit in with the horror genre. and well lets face it WWTBAM got put in there as marketing for the actual show- show people watched it.

P.S. Was never as good as the British version with Chris Tarrant.

P.S.S. I actually think Studios was launched to try and compete with Universal AKA about riding the movies.

But as I have said in the past if I was Bob Iger I would say well Tower of Terror has been there a whil and after its 13th Anniversary rip it down and build something else. And fit into a strory that Mel Gibson bought the land to create a studio to film his new movie called 'Mels Hotel' and have it as a very comic Haunted mansion style attraction.

hammysammy59

Herk said:
But as I have said in the past if I was Bob Iger I would say well Tower of Terror has been there a whil and after its 13th Anniversary rip it down and build something else. And fit into a strory that Mel Gibson bought the land to create a studio to film his new movie called 'Mels Hotel' and have it as a very comic Haunted mansion style attraction.

Okay, if it wasn't obvious he was screwing with us before, it is now. Pretty funny, too. :lol:

Why can't we just get a new version of the 20,000 leagues ride?

CaptainMichael

Herk said:
Sorry, but you are absolutely HILARIOUS!

hammysammy59

Action0286 said:
Also......let's redo Star Tours, PLEASE. I'm thinking a Mummy Returns type roller coaster themed to Revenge of the Sith.....wishfull thinking, I know.

Blecch, no thanks. If they retheme Star Tours to ANYTHING in ANY of those God-awful prequels, I'll vomit a hurricane of blood. What a trio of cinematic turd-abortions those were.

They could retheme it to the speeder bike chase through the forests of Endor though, that'd be pretty sweet. Or maybe being aboard the Millennium Falcon, trying to outrun Star Destroyers.

As long as there's never any mention of the prequels at Star Tours, I'll be happy.

LilRoo714

Lee said:
Not really. There was a concept for a Matterhorn-like mountain at the MK in the early phases of development, located sort of between the sub lagoon and where Toontown is now.
It fell out of the plans for many reasons, but sight lines wasn't one of them.

I guess I was more referring to a villian mountain looking bad behind the castle. IMO, it would ruin the whimsical, fantasy feeling to have a big fiery mountain in the background, but I understand what you mean that a regular looking mountain wouldn't be terrible.:rolleyes:

Lee

Adventurer
Herk said:

Oh, come on....they've had that concept already..and rejected it.
"Hotel Mel" was the same idea using Mel Brooks.:rolleyes:

The Tower is one of the most popular theme park rides on this planet. No reason at all to make any serious changes.

Herk

STR8FAN2005 said:
Sorry, but you are absolutely HILARIOUS!

Well hate to brake it to you but the idea for 'Mels Hotel' was going to be built in the spot where ToT is because they needed ore rides, and someone in senior disney management said they should put a thrill ride. And as they say the rest is history.

Lee, Mel Gibson - Mel Brooks whats the diffence really and you never know it was very nearly greenlit

WDWFREAK53

LOL I can't really see Disney basing an attraction on Mel Brooks...

Sure, he cracks me up...but he's not really the "family" type of comedy :lol:

Legacy

Herk said:
Lee, Mel Gibson - Mel Brooks whats the diffence really and you never know it was very nearly greenlit
Mel Gibson- Mad Max, Braveheart, The Patriot and The Passion of the Christ.

Mel Brooks- Blazing Saddles, The Producers, Robin Hood: Men In Tights and Spaceballs.

Big difference.

CaptainMichael

Herk said:
Well hate to brake it to you but the idea for 'Mels Hotel' was going to be built in the spot where ToT is because they needed ore rides, and someone in senior disney management said they should put a thrill ride. And as they say the rest is history.

I'm not laughing at the concept, I'm laughing at your silly ideas. Demolish ToT? It is arguably the most popular attraction at Walt Disney World Resort?:hammer:

Scar Junior

Also, several publications, both online and printed, have for years called it the best themed ride in the world. I am not sure when it was taken over by other attractions, but it had a good run with this title.

Which, I believe is one of the main points of Herk's arguments... the theme is lacking.

HokieDevil

How could this discussion even happen. Tot is with out a doubt a great ride (and what a movie, LOL) I could see no reason for it changing with the exception of the drop sequences. I think this is a rumor that can be put to rest....

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
kaos said:
Mel Brooks- Jewish
Mel Gobson- Raving anti-semetic

Kinda a big difference...:xmas:

Mel Gibson........drunk:dazzle: :lookaroun

Sorry, just watched Entertainment Tonight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom