Toontown expansion into the Speedway Area

netenyahoo

I would rather see a bug's land kid area like at DCA than Chester and Hesters. The theme is MUCH better. Primeval Whirl should have been better themed and indoors.

kap91

I have never been to Disneyland's, does it still use the same ride system?

It is pretty much the same ride system. The only difference in the ride system that I can see is that the cars look slightly more alike to regular cars rather than racers, more curves in the design of them than straight lines. The other difference I remember is that the center rail is in many places made of cement and 5 inches across or more. The ride itself is much longer and goes through many settings such as a city park and offroad. Autotopia also has more bridges and more scenery to see. Finally, the left two tracks and right two tracks have different routes rather than all four staying together. There, thats all you should ever need to know about the differences.:) Hopefully I answered all your questions.

Skippy

Thank you very much kap.

I think the Space Mountain rehab is more or less wishful thinking/obviously needed work. The track needs to be replaced, and some other improvments to the ride system (eg. audio) would be appreciated.

Herk

comics101 said:
Splash Mtn, at least in my oppinion, is a much better flume ride than most other flume rides. It has an excellent theme and when you get on the inside of the Mountain it's just fun. Go on Dudly Do Right in IOA and you'll see what I mean. I was extreamly dissipointed, expecting it to be like Splash, and it looked a lot cheaper. Space Mtn is just fun, but I thought I read it was supposed to be getting a refurb soon.

Well maybe it's the point that the flume rides arn't very safe - as there is a temporary point where you are weightless which in some people enduses stress as they feel like there falling out of there logs, which can cause heart attacks. A simple refub of it turning it into a raft ride where you feel like youre in a massive lazy river.

And as for Space Mountain I have to say any ride that can actually lose things on as there sucked off your face, should get rethemed and/or removed like in that attraction where its part walkthrough, part ride, part simulator - whereby you start of by touring Space Delta Research center where they find that a massive metor center is heading to the Earth and destroy it.
So Cast members tour you around, then they receive their alert, you go to the Moon Riders(a spider/UFO) and have to land on each one to destroy them in time.

And to encourage people to come back they can add a feauture whereby the crew to destroy the most meteorities get a special pin to state that they were victorious. And if they come back wearing that pin and are successful again they are awarded a higher rank pin, etc.

DisneyRoxMySox

Herk said:
Well maybe it's the point that the flume rides arn't very safe - as there is a temporary point where you are weightless which in some people enduses stress as they feel like there falling out of there logs, which can cause heart attacks. A simple refub of it turning it into a raft ride where you feel like youre in a massive lazy river. .

You can argue that Peter Pan isn't safe. They have places for you to hold on, maybe if you feel you might fall out, you should hold on. :animwink:

scottnj1966

TiggerRPh said:
Toontown works out fine at Disneyland....why not at the MK?

Have you seen the differences between the two?
I finally got to visit Disneyland.

Our toontown needs to be leveled. Very embarressing.

Disneylands is an actual land with a major dark ride a coaster and fun things to do.

Hopefully they will upgrade ours since they have many acres behind them since 20,000 is gone.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Herk said:
I say remove both Splash Mountain and Space Mountain - both are totally overated and don't feel like they belong. splash Mtn, because flume rides are so 20th Centuary and also Space Mtn as it is so basic concept it makes me laugh. I sometimes wonder why these attractions didn't go away years ago.
032.gif

CThaddeus

kap91 said:
It is pretty much the same ride system. The only difference in the ride system that I can see is that the cars look slightly more alike to regular cars rather than racers, more curves in the design of them than straight lines. The other difference I remember is that the center rail is in many places made of cement and 5 inches across or more. The ride itself is much longer and goes through many settings such as a city park and offroad. Autotopia also has more bridges and more scenery to see. Finally, the left two tracks and right two tracks have different routes rather than all four staying together. There, thats all you should ever need to know about the differences.:) Hopefully I answered all your questions.

Not to be too , but it's just "Autopia."
Also, I once got a chance to speak with Tony Baxter when they were remodeling the Autopia in 2000, and he mentioned that the only reason Disneyland's Autopia got the upgrade it got was because Chevron came on board as its sponsor. Sadly, it seems this is the main way anything gets seriously improved anymore (see Wonders of Life), so unless the Magic Kingdom can get a sponsor for the Indy Speedway, it may not get much of a refurb anytime soon. It could happen, of course, but with the lines it still gets I doubt they think it needs improving upon.

Herk

DisneyRoxMySox said:
You can argue that Peter Pan isn't safe. They have places for you to hold on, maybe if you feel you might fall out, you should hold on. :animwink:

Actually they don't have any kind of metal bar to hold onto on splash Mtn

Herk

Legacy said:
You're right... it's a rubber one right in front of you.

Its not even a lap bar its just to prevent head injuries, so till unsafe - I say its still way past its sel-by(sp?) date and should either be re-imagineered as a raft ride or ripped out

DisneyRoxMySox

Herk said:
Its not even a lap bar its just to prevent head injuries, so till unsafe - I say its still way past its sel-by(sp?) date and should either be re-imagineered as a raft ride or ripped out

They have handles, for you to wrap your hands around...it's safe.:animwink:

Lee

Adventurer
Herk said:

That wins the award for most insane statement of the week. :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom