Toontown expansion into the Speedway Area

Madison

Herk said:
no they don't they have no lap bars that come down over you

Consider for a moment what might happen if a log were to somehow capsize and you were restrained by a mechanically-secured lap bar. Further, log flumes are generally safer than 'raft rides,' your suggested replacement for Splash's ride system, as such rides have a history of capsizing.

Herk

DisneyRoxMySox said:
I know and I never said that.

What I did say, is that they have handles infront of you to hold on to. :D

They don't have handles in front of you when I went last August no handles just the next seat in front.

Its the same in ToT they should have harnases go over you like in Rn'R. Mind you those two rides have no purpose being in DS but thats a different argument entirely :( :cry: :(

Lee

Adventurer
Herk said:
They don't have handles in front of you when I went last August no handles just the next seat in front.
The Splash logs do indeed have padded handles in front of you. Always have.

Herk said:
Its the same in ToT they should have harnases go over you like in Rn'R.
ToT doesn't need harnesses of any kind. A seatbelt is quite enough.

Herk said:
Mind you those two rides have no purpose being in DS but thats a different argument entirely :( :cry: :(

I have no idea what you mean. They fit the Studio park quite well.

napnet

Wow, this topic has changed alot from OP... well i was interest in the idea of the mountain in the 20k spot... how would that look from main street? I really like having just the castle for photos and stuff when i enter the park. not sure if i would want a big themed (fire or villian) mountain behind it or over shadowing it.

LilRoo714

Herk said:
Its the same in ToT they should have harnases go over you like in Rn'R. Mind you those two rides have no purpose being in DS but thats a different argument entirely :( :cry: :(

You seem unhappy quite unimpressed with the large thrill rides. Pulling out Splash Mountain? The two most popular rides at the Studios don't "belong"? I wonder what you do at the parks! :p Just kidding.

Anyway, I too would think that there's no way a mountain will ever be built right behind the castle to mar the view from Main Street. That'd be like saying, oh we'll put a big Mickey hand on Spaceship Earth.... oh wait...:lookaroun :lookaroun

PintoColvig

There seems to be a lot of acreage to the north of Fantasyland and Toontown that is within the perimeter of the RR tracks. Some of it may not be usable space, I know. But does anyone know if that unused land is counted as part of the acreage of MK?

Herk

LilRoo714 said:
You seem unhappy quite unimpressed with the large thrill rides. Pulling out Splash Mountain? The two most popular rides at the Studios don't "belong"? I wonder what you do at the parks! :p Just kidding.

Well then .. lets see shall we. RnR has nothing to do with movies full stop. And ToT it would easier if they included that a film crew was looking for a location to film there new horror film. I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT.

However in its current state it doesn't really fit any sought of story or plot to make it theme in with the the movies. You have attractions to put you in the middle of the movies, showing you backstage to show you the way(a very loose term) of how they convert animated film to stage shows, and the complexity of creating a 3D show.

Even Star Tours is puting you in the movies by saying you are boarding a craft heading to Endor. ToT nah sorry.

If I was Iger I would rip out RnR and put an attraction about movies. Then rip up the ride and sell in to Universal brick by brick and put in an attractionlike "Mels Hotel" where you are following the scenes from where the cameraman would be.

Scar Junior

/\/\ -- Umm... It's at Universal where you "ride the movies." The studios is about entertainment and production (hence the word studios). It's not just about movies. Sounds Dangerous = foley and sound effects. RnR = Music and Soundtracks. Animation is there. Stunts are there. ToT is emulative of television, as was WWtbaM. There's more but I think I've proved my point.

EDIT: I can't believe I'm defending the Studios; the one park I want drastically changed.

Lee

Adventurer
Herk said:
Well then .. lets see shall we. RnR has nothing to do with movies full stop.
Doesn't have to. It's a tour of a recording studio on Sunset Blvd., a themed area of the park. The whole park isn't intended to "put you into a movie".

Herk said:
Even Star Tours is puting you in the movies by saying you are boarding a craft heading to Endor. ToT nah sorry.
ToT? Seriously? You step into an episode of "The Twilight Zone". How much more obvious can it be?:brick:

TOCPE82

Everyone seriously needs to quit replying to this idiot. He's obviously trying to get a rise out of people and you're letting him.

Action0286

Real quick, back to the TOPIC that this is about...

I was under the impression that the only reason we didn't get the Maddihorn(spelling?) was because it would detract from the view of the castle. Therefore there is NO WAY we would get a villian mountain that would obstruct the view. Why don't we put a villians area behind the Muppet area in MGM. There's nothing there anyway AND it would go with the theme of Fantasmic.

Also......let's redo Star Tours, PLEASE. I'm thinking a Mummy Returns type roller coaster themed to Revenge of the Sith.....wishfull thinking, I know.

jeffcot

A few folks have noted that the Indy Speedway always has long lines and have equated that with popularity. I always assumed the lines had more to to do with low ride capacity and longer load times. Don't have an "Unofficial Guide to WDW' on hand at the moment, but I believe it has that info in it. . .

Lee

Adventurer
Action0286 said:
I was under the impression that the only reason we didn't get the Maddihorn(spelling?) was because it would detract from the view of the castle. Therefore there is NO WAY we would get a villian mountain that would obstruct the view.

Not really. There was a concept for a Matterhorn-like mountain at the MK in the early phases of development, located sort of between the sub lagoon and where Toontown is now.
It fell out of the plans for many reasons, but sight lines wasn't one of them.

Actually, a mountain behind the castle would look great. Find some photos of HK Disneyland with the real mountains in the background. Very nice.

PintoColvig

jeffcot said:
A few folks have noted that the Indy Speedway always has long lines and have equated that with popularity. I always assumed the lines had more to to do with low ride capacity and longer load times. Don't have an "Unofficial Guide to WDW' on hand at the moment, but I believe it has that info in it. . .
You are correct, sir. Long lines do not necessarily mean an attraction is very popular nor does it guarantee that an attraction is safe from closure. 20K Leagues is a good example of that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom