Too much Alcohol in the parks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PolynesianPrincess

What Im saying is despite what opinions or prefrences are out there, Alcohol was in no way part of Walts original vision. He made it very clear that HIS parks were for the kids! Also the shallow argument about money is also against walts dream, and I quote,
"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money. "
Walt Disney

Come on folks man up and use a little self control for a few days and set a good example for the litte ones! Don't taint their experience, IN THEIR PLACE!

WDW is definitely NOT aimed just at children. If there was nothing to intice the adults, why would they vacation there? It's a FAMILY place. If adults want to drink, so be it. I've NEVER seen anyone so drunk at Epcot that they can't control themselves though as other people mentioned, I'm sure it happens. It's up to Disney security to control those who might get out of control. Personally, I enjoy a frozen grand marnier slush or margarita before Illuminations. Am I doing it to get drunk? No. I'm doing it because it's a delicious drink and I want to enjoy one.

sublimesting

Walt said quite a few things.....

"I'd say it's been my biggest problem all my life... it's money. It takes a lot of money to make these dreams come true."

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Also the last quote you used negates your argument. "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money. "
Making money was always the goal, just not the only one.

Right, Walt's core business philosophy was to make as much money as he could on a project and then invest just about all of it into his next, even greater project. With Walt it was all about the next big thing, his next great idea.

I firmly believe that if Walt were still in charge he'd be so enthused about the technology and innovation we have now that he wouldn't hesitate to replace alot of attractions in the parks for the next big thing. He would never take the cheap and easy way out.

The Andrews

Original Poster
Of course not......

Once again and again and again..
What I am saying is: Walt Disneyworld is a place that was built with the kids in mind. Anyone who equates children with alcohol has a screw loose! Also I am a whole hearted believer in parents taking full responsibility for their kids. My entire adult life has been wholely devoted to help repairing the lives of children who's parents didnt give a flip, and trying to make up the difference so they would have a chance. And most of the kids I try to intervene for and gift a shot at life are in that position because their mom and dad couldnt put the bottle down.

wizards8507

OP, I see in your profile description that you're a Pastor. Now, I'm a religious fellow myself but I'm curious if your opinion regarding the Drink is a disdain for alcohol all together, not just people "abusing" it at Walt Disney World. I've never seen anyone drunk at WDW (probably because it would cost about $100 to get properly lit), and I don't see anything wrong with enjoying a beer while touring the World Showcase, just like there's nothing wrong with my father and I (21 and 44, respectively) enjoying a beer while watching a baseball game with my younger siblings (13 and 18). If I see people playing Flip Cup or Beer Pong at the Germany pavilion, then my opinion will certainly change, but all I've witnessed is mature adults enjoying adult beverages responsibly.

What Im saying is despite what opinions or prefrences are out there, Alcohol was in no way part of Walts original vision. He made it very clear that HIS parks were for the kids! Also the shallow argument about money is also against walts dream, and I quote,
"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money. "
Walt Disney

Come on folks man up and use a little self control for a few days and set a good example for the litte ones! Don't taint their experience, IN THEIR PLACE!

I believe Mr. Disney also said..."You're dead if you aim only for kids." He made it very clear that his parks are for FAMILIES. He wanted people to have a place to go and have fun with their kids...not just FOR the kids. I also believe Mr. Disney would enjoy a drink every now and then himself. My husband and I go sometimes WITHOUT our children. We also enjoy a grown up beverage when we want too. We are a very good example to our kids. We show them that adults can drink without getting drunk and we don't ever drink and drive. Just because YOU don't believe it is ok to drink, doesn't mean that everyone else feels the same way. We go to WDW several times a year and I can't recall a time when I saw someone being out of control because they are drunk. Drinks cost way to much for most people to want to get drunk in the park. As far as the "smelly stuff" getting spilled on people - I have had ice cream, fountain drinks, and food spilled on me - not to mention being squirted with every water fan in the park. You are going to get stuff on you in a crowd. Just because someone has a drink, doesn't make them alcholoic or bad. To answer your OP, no I don't think there is too much.

wizards8507

And most of the kids I try to intervene for and gift a shot at life are in that position because their mom and dad couldnt put the bottle down.

I admire your work, I really do, but there's a monster difference between having a margarita and not being able to "put the bottle down." My father has had the fridge stocked with a six pack for as long as I can remember but he's never had more than two at one time.

stratman50th

Quite true but that is more of an internet forum thing and not all that exclusive to Disney. Pretty much every forum I have been on will have the "Why all the acronyms?!!!1!!!!:fork::fork::fork::mad::mad:" thread pop up from time to time.
I don't recall seeing any acronyms in the first forum I started on:
http://www.jsguitarforum.com/forum/

I haven't had a drink since 1987. I can't stand drunks!
But, I have never that I recall seen anyone drunk to the point of being obnoxious or a problem anywhere on property. That includes pleasure Island years ago.
As far as Walt goes, he liked his cocktails and drinks every evening, plus there was a private club in Disneyland that served alcohol from the beginning. There are stories of some of those private guests getting loose and taking the antique firetruck for a spin around main street.
There isn't any alcohol sold in the Magic Kingdom where the "kids" are. There are places in World Showcase where alcohol is sold. The kids really shouldn't be in those places to be exposed.
Never had a problem with double wide strollers, but I have been injured a lot by those old cast iron, Mad Max equipped Disney rental strollers!

devoy1701

What I am saying is: Walt Disneyworld is a place that was built with the kids in mind. Anyone who equates children with alcohol has a screw loose! Also I am a whole hearted believer in parents taking full responsibility for their kids. My entire adult life has been wholely devoted to help repairing the lives of children who's parents didnt give a flip, and trying to make up the difference so they would have a chance. And most of the kids I try to intervene for and gift a shot at life are in that position because their mom and dad couldnt put the bottle down.

It's supposed to be a place where adults and children can have fun together. No one every said it was meant to be a place where adults and children could have fun together doing things that were only geared towards children! Alcohol has been an intrical part of adult passtime loooooong before Walt came around. :hammer:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Dr spock and Dr. Phil might agree beacause it sounds "smartish" but from my personal 16 years of operating a summer camp as well as traveling the world working with teenagers thats a joke my friend! Sorry but oprah lied to you and real life totally disagrees. Of course theres some sap out there who has spent the past 30 years of his life trying to start a garage band who has nothing to show for himself and is using that excuse to console himself but I assure you he is the exception, not the rule........
Quite a few people with PhD's related to the subject would disagree with you. Their data does as well.

http://www.aadayton.org/cause.html

http://www.livestrong.com/article/48744-side-effects-overprotective-parenting/

http://www.reachoflouisville.com/meath/meath/impact%20of%20an%20empowerment%20based%20parent%20education%20program%20on%20the%20reduction%20of%20youth%20suicide.pdf

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
What I am saying is: Walt Disneyworld is a place that was built with the kids in mind. Anyone who equates children with alcohol has a screw loose!
Also I am a whole hearted believer in parents taking full responsibility for their kids. My entire adult life has been wholely devoted to help repairing the lives of children who's parents didnt give a flip, and trying to make up the difference so they would have a chance. And most of the kids I try to intervene for and gift a shot at life are in that position because their mom and dad couldnt put the bottle down.

So some ChuckE Cheeses have started selling beer. Chuck E Cheese was built with kids in mind... whats your point?! I am so lost now. :dazzle: :(

jato4x4

I never saw my grandmother w/o a drink, that hasn't caused me to become a alcoholic. Mostly because my parents taught me self control, and how to be a decent person, they didn't rely on everyone else in the world to change their lives and or habits so I wouldn't be subjected to it. I don't know if your aware of it or not, but prohibition never worked.

The Andrews

Original Poster
Heres a quote..

Proverbs 20:1 "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise"......God

Proverbs 23:32 "At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder".......God

Argue with him.

Rowdy

Being a drinking man myself (I IV it at home), I have to be drunk in the parks. Actually, I don't see how anyone could enjoy the parks sober. I read a thread where sober people notice chipped paint, and broken lights? Ha! Have fun with that! :lookaroun

disneyrcks

What I am saying is: Walt Disneyworld is a place that was built with the kids in mind. Anyone who equates children with alcohol has a screw loose!

I do not think having a drink on vacation is in any way equating alcohol with children.

Chevross

People are getting too up in arms and sensitive these days.

Unless I pointed it out that a certain person was drinking alcohol, a child has never really payed attention to what a person was drinking. They are too caught up in everything else.

Walt Disney World was aimed at every age group. It's just more or so within the last decade or two that it has now more than ever been aimed at little toddlers and children.

captainkidd

It's supposed to be a place where adults and children can have fun together. No one every said it was meant to be a place where adults and children could have fun together doing things that were only geared towards children! Alcohol has been an intrical part of adult passtime loooooong before Walt came around. :hammer:

Exactly.

Case in point, this happy little boy:

baby-drinking-beer-and-smoking-a-ciggarette.jpg

wizards8507

Proverbs 20:1 "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise"......God

Proverbs 23:32 "At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder".......God

Argue with him.

Since you wanted to go there:

On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there; and both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus said to Him, “They have no wine.” And Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does that have to do with us? My hour has not yet come.” His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.” Now there were six stone waterpots set there for the Jewish custom of purification, containing twenty or thirty gallons each. Jesus said to them, “Fill the waterpots with water.” So they filled them up to the brim. And He said to them, “Draw some out now and take it to the headwaiter.” So they took it to him. When the headwaiter tasted the water which had become wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the headwaiter called the bridegroom, and said to him, “Every man serves the good wine first, and when the people have drunk freely, then he serves the poorer wine; but you have kept the good wine until now.” This beginning of His signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory, and His disciples believed in Him.

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
My motto while touring Epcot.
wheelchair_boozer_wheel_chair_magnet-p147712094447426882tmn8_152.jpg

My ECV of choice.
draft_lens14498841module127386981photo_1287724458AA_Wheelchair.jpg

My son at Epcot.
baby-drinking-unknown-beer.jpg

My brother at Epcot.
collegehumor.cd7e2713abf90c3056f8a47a11fcc3a0.jpg

I don't see a problem. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom