Too crowded!!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I know this sounds crazy, but what they need is a second Magic Kingdom.
After being there yesterday the place was unbearable, we have decided its just not doable at all anymore, and left to get out of there by 2. Fast pass has inflated every attractions lines, the triple wide strollers are out of control in shops the size of index cards that cant even handle them, and I wont even start about the Brazilian tour groups who chanted down main street taking it over. You don't feel like your at Disney anymore, you feel like your in a stampede or a zoo and thats exactly what it has become. And are they not putting up the big Christmas tree anymore? I know its after parade filming but I thought by now that was done? I know the hub project is still underway but it is downright ugly between Main Street and Tomorrowland, I see no signs of trees coming back to cover those hideous side buildings. They have completely ruined the concept of show/theme.

But, But the stock is up 1.27 over todays open, Who cares about guest experience....

R W B

From 7-11 last night at the kingdom the line for express was an hour and a half , people were freaking out. We ended up walking to the contemporary and got on there, we also thought this was the slow time of year. Turns out that doesn't exists anymore!
It's very interesting how people at the same place can have very different opinions while neither is wrong.

I know 2 sets of people at WDW right now and both of them have said the parks have been very non busy almost dead this week and yet I come on here and people are saying how busy the parks are right now.

Also, I wish it was cold when I visit, as in I wish it would be in the 40s or so.

True story, I get to the nighttime parade an hour early and stand in front with my kids ( Im the first in my spot ). About a minute before the show starts a women squeezes in somehow right in front of me and then places her kid on her shoulders. I am now looking at the kids and wondering how rude can people be. I was there an hour before and she just butts in front of me and then has the gull to put her kid on her shoulders too ? This was in Florida. It was stunner to me because things like this would NEVER happen here in Japan.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
True story, I get to the nighttime parade an hour early and stand in front with my kids ( Im the first in my spot ). About a minute before the show starts a women squeezes in somehow right in front of me and then places her kid on her shoulders. I am now looking at the kids *** and wondering how rude can people be. I was there an hour before and she just butts in front of me and then has the gull to put her kid on her shoulders too ? This was in Florida. It was stunner to me because things like this would NEVER happen here in Japan.

That's just WRONG on so many levels, Also teaches kids the wrong lesson.

FlyoverFred

We were there the week after Thanksgiving, which is the week we have gone for the last five years. I found it to be a mixed bag. It was definitely far more crowded in the parks than the four previous years, but the ride lines weren't bad at all. If you got the park early enough, you could jump on anything but the Seven Dwarfs. Even during the evening at Peter Pan we didn't wait more than 30 minutes. Independent of wait times, the parks felt like they were jammed just walking around.

The South American tourist groups were a total menace.

Final observation: The abuse of disability status seems out of control. I am probably going to get flamed for this, but I think being 450 pounds overweight is not a disability. It means you should be walking, not riding a scooter. One thing that I think contributes to the parks and transportation feeling overcrowded is that there are seemingly 100,000 scooters running around running into you, and those people then have to be accommodated on transportation. If you are waiting for the monorail forever, which happened to us too, it's usually because every car has three scooters in it taking up all the room. More than 75% of the people riding them don't look disabled at all.

One night, we waited for a bus to return from Animal Kingdom. It took absolutely forever for the bus to come, and the line swelled to something that looked like five buses would be needed to relieve the line. When the first bus arrived, the driver had to take ten minutes to let the seven scooters on the bus, which then took nearly all the room. We were the lucky four who also got on that bus. At the hotel drop off, two of the scooter riders picked up their scooters and carried them off the bus! By themselves! I think there are a lot of people taking advantage of the system.

raymusiccity

True story, I get to the nighttime parade an hour early and stand in front with my kids ( Im the first in my spot ). About a minute before the show starts a women squeezes in somehow right in front of me and then places her kid on her shoulders. I am now looking at the kids *** and wondering how rude can people be. I was there an hour before and she just butts in front of me and then has the gull to put her kid on her shoulders too ? This was in Florida. It was stunner to me because things like this would NEVER happen here in Japan.

No, things like this would NEVER happen in Japan, because they have officers wearing white gloves to push you out of the way :)

image.jpg

Unplugged

No, things like this would NEVER happen in Japan, because they have officers wearing white gloves to push you out of the way :)

View attachment 76206
The other difference though, is they are officials with white gloves that you know perform that role. Everyone is crammed and knows it going into it. In the US, people would start suing for getting groped on the transportation, when in reality it's so packed you simply can't lift your arms.

Referencing the earlier notes, I have never seen a Japanese bus or train full of scooters.Scooters are great for folks who need them, not folks who abuse the privilege. You can't always tell by looking at someone if they warrant a scooter r not (my uncle is a Nam vet with hip issues now, but can walk fine slowly for a few hours). So I'm not placing judgment....just calling out those who scam the system.

hsisthebest

I do miss the mid 2000's though, when you felt like you owned Epcot during Evening Magic Hours and could go 10-15 min without seeing another guest.

erstwo

Well, standing in Universal Studios as I type this I can honestly say this park is dead. Gringrotts says 25 minute wait but it was a walk on for me ten minutes ago. Maybe some of the people at WDW should visit this park and see all the money Comcast spent?

No, no, no. :bored:
No one has been paying attention to the trends predicted by these boards. Universal is packed. Harry Potter put it over the edge. The edge I tell you! WDW has become a total ghost land with all of the Disney execs spending their days pulling their hair out and desperately trying to design their Potter swatter. :bored:
There is absolutely no way Disney can be crowded on a week Universal is not crowded. :bookworm: :grumpy:

PeoplemoverTTA

Tuesday was pretty crazy during MVMCP, and Pop Warner is in town so that is making it especially crowded. Still for me, Monday at Epcot was pretty crazy, Tuesday at MK (also parade taping, so to be expected) was insane. But yesterday at DHS and Epcot were very reasonable, and today at MK (sitting in the airport to come home now) was extremely pleasant (10-15 minutes for POTC, 30 minutes for BTMR, 5 minutes for Splash - although it was 60 degrees).

Honestly, go in with a good attitude and you'll have a good time.

I will say that my last trip during the holidays was 2004, and it's obviously way different now, but it's not that bad (for my wedding trip in July, every day was like Monday and Tuesday).

Tigger1988

We were there the week after Thanksgiving, which is the week we have gone for the last five years. I found it to be a mixed bag. It was definitely far more crowded in the parks than the four previous years, but the ride lines weren't bad at all. If you got the park early enough, you could jump on anything but the Seven Dwarfs. Even during the evening at Peter Pan we didn't wait more than 30 minutes. Independent of wait times, the parks felt like they were jammed just walking around.

The South American tourist groups were a total menace.

Final observation: The abuse of disability status seems out of control. I am probably going to get flamed for this, but I think being 450 pounds overweight is not a disability. It means you should be walking, not riding a scooter. One thing that I think contributes to the parks and transportation feeling overcrowded is that there are seemingly 100,000 scooters running around running into you, and those people then have to be accommodated on transportation. If you are waiting for the monorail forever, which happened to us too, it's usually because every car has three scooters in it taking up all the room. More than 75% of the people riding them don't look disabled at all.

One night, we waited for a bus to return from Animal Kingdom. It took absolutely forever for the bus to come, and the line swelled to something that looked like five buses would be needed to relieve the line. When the first bus arrived, the driver had to take ten minutes to let the seven scooters on the bus, which then took nearly all the room. We were the lucky four who also got on that bus. At the hotel drop off, two of the scooter riders picked up their scooters and carried them off the bus! By themselves! I think there are a lot of people taking advantage of the system.
Seven scooters would never fit on one bus and no scooter could be easily picked up by anyone. Are you confusing folding wheelchairs with scooters or just elaborating to make your story sound worse than it actually was?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

Unfortunately this is too common (happening in WDW)

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Seven scooters would never fit on one bus and no scooter could be easily picked up by anyone. Are you confusing folding wheelchairs with scooters or just elaborating to make your story sound worse than it actually was?

Pursuant to that, I don't believe there are buses on property that can handle more than 4 and most have flip ups limited to 2. I however am not familiar with the articulated bus floor plans.

*1023*

Daniel Johnson

Yea, as a grandson to two wheelchair bound grandmother's and another grandmother (step grandma) who uses a cane most of the time but had a wheelchair that trip...it's usually two wheelchair or electric wheelchair/scooter bound people to a bus. But, that was my experience earlier this year....maybe they have new-fangled busses I'm not aware of.

DisneyDreamer08

We were in Disney Nov 29th-Dec 7th. We found the crowds to be busy but manageable. We had a super early flight the Saturday after Thanksgiving so we were able to spend the afternoon in MK. We knew this would be the busiest day of our trip, and in the busiest park, but it was our 3 year olds 1st trip and we knew she would want to start there :) We accomplished our 3 FPs and met Merida. My daughter insisted on meeting Merida before any other character and it ended up being our longest wait the entire week- about 40 minutes.
The rest of the week wasn't too bad. Using a combination of early arrivals and FP, we never waited more than 20 minutes or so for anything. However, this was the first time we did the big rides only once (using FP) We skipped Peter Pan because my daughter was indifferent and the line was always 40 mins or more. Only did 7 Dwarfs, Thunder Mountain, Splash etc once using FP.
The only times we were completely frustrated by the crowds were one- seeing the castle lighting at 615 on a party night. We were not going to the party so getting out after the lighting was an absolute nightmare. The crowd was literally stuck for about 20 minutes, with no where to move.
The other crazy night was the night we saw the Candlelight Processional. We paid an arm and a leg for the package (lunch ADR & 5pm show). Standby started lining up at 3pm. We went to get in the ticket line at about 4:30 and it was all the way back in Morocco. There's no way all those poor standby people got in.
Overall though we had a great week :) Can't beat Disney during the holidays!

DisneyDreamer08

Oh and when we were at the castle lighting, we purposely stood in front of the railing that goes around the trees/shrubs in the hub. My husband knew my daughter would need to go on his shoulders to see so we purposely stood there as not to obstruct anyone's view. Most others, not so thoughtful.
And I agree about the over use of electric scooters. It was very frustrating to be waiting in a bus line for 10 or 15 minutes, and then have a scooter pull up at the last second and be loaded first along with its entire 10 person family. Not fair. My 3 year old had to stand on the bus way too many times. Sure load the scooter, but make the family get in the regular line.

Two years ago I saw a lady in scooter drive off the bus ramp so fast that when she turned her wheel the scooter began to tip over. Just as I thought I was going to witness a rollover yard sale, the lady quickly stuck out her leg, muscled the scooter up right, hopped back on and drove off. Give me a break. Maybe I witnessed a miracle healing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom