News Tony's Most Merriest Town Square Party comes to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for 2018

JohnD

*Ba dum dum dum...

Rockin' around with your kid on Main Street,
You want a happy Holiday.
But paying those prices just to buy a dessert,

Can give you such a big headache.

KatieBug has warned us from the beginning, merrily!
Her prince and princess didn't get want they wanted from Mickey and Minnie!

*Ba dum dum dum...

Rockin around with your kid on Main Street,
A tantrum has ensued.
Your kid is looking at you with some crazy eyes

Because you decided to get so rude.

We get it that you didn't get that Dole Whip for $5.15!
But yelling at the CMs who only work there won't get you into Club 33!

*Ba dum dum dum...

Rockin' around with your kid on Main Street,
You want a happy Holiday.
You'll end up paying those prices,

Because you want to..be...there....an...y....waayyyyyyy!
Bum bum bum bum, ba dum dum.

You’re on a roll. We need a variation of the poem The Night Before Christmas.

SSH

At an event where they can fill you with unlimited cookies, hot chocolate and other holiday drinks, they're selling you... sweets.
:hilarious:

So we now have an add-on to the add-on :(. This is not a good direction :(.

I'm thinking there's one more level here, easy. The exclusive upsell WITHIN Tony's WITHIN the holiday party. A holiday themed signature cocktail in souvenir glass- just $30 more. Or maybe a FP to one's mountain of choice after you're filled to the gills with sugar & booze - just $20 more? (limited edition logo barf bag included.)

I'll probably lose 75% of you at this point by mentioning this sitcom, but it reminds me of a Frasier episode where he and his brother Niles are beyond psyched and pay through the nose to make it through the door of this extremely exclusive day spa. But then they accidentally catch a glimpse of the "Gold" door - a VIP area within this extremely exclusive spa. They pull every string, fork over the cash and manage to get in. But the holy grail still awaits - the "platinum door". A super-duper, incredibly exclusive VIP section within the VIP section WITHIN the VIP spa. (Or so they think. They HAD to get in. And that platinum door led straight to the back alley of the building, next to the garbage cans.) :hilarious:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
On our first day at Disney, A CM gave to me
A room with a view of some tree.

On our second day of Disney, A CM gave to me
Two ECVs, and a room with a view of some tree.

On our third day of Disney, A CM gave to me
Three TS credits, two ECVs and a room with a view of some tree.

On our fourth day of Disney, A CM gave to me
Four cup-cakes, three TS credits, two ECVs, and a room with a view of some tree.

On our fifth day of Disney, A CM gave to me
Five Marvel Rides!
Four cup-cakes, three TS credits, two ECVs, and a room with a view of some tree.

On our sixth day of Disney, A CM gave to me
Six upcharges, FIVE MARVEL RIDES! Four cup-cakes, three TS credits, two ECVs, and a room with a view of some tree.

On our seventh day of Disney, A CM gave to me
Seven dwarves a mining, six upcharges, FIVE MARVEL RIDES! Four cup-cakes, three TS credits, two ECVs, and a room with a view of some tree.

On our eighth day of Disney, A CM gave to me
Eight hours of waiting, seven dwarves a mining, six upcharges, FIVE MARVEL RIDES! Four cup-cakes, three TS credits, two ECVs, and a room with a view of some tree.

On our ninth day of Disney, A CM gave to me
Nine Germans drinking, eight hours of waiting, seven dwarves a mining, six upcharges, FIVE MARVEL RIDES! Four cup-cakes, three TS credits, two ECVs, and a room with a view of some tree.

On our tenth day of Disney, A CM gave to me
Ten full buses, nine Germans drinking, eight hours of waiting, seven dwarves a mining, six upcharges, FIVE MARVEL RIDES! Four cup-cakes, three TS credits, two ECVs, and a room with a view of some tree.

On our eleventh day of Disney, A CM gave to me
Eleven rides in refurb, ten full buses, nine Germans drinking, eight hours of waiting, seven dwarves a mining, six upcharges, FIVE MARVEL RIDES! Four cup-cakes, three TS credits, two ECVs, and a room with a view of some tree.

On our twelfth day of Disney, A CM gave to me
Twelve Touring Groups, eleven rides in refurb, ten full buses, nine Germans drinking, eight hours of waiting, seven dwarves a mining, six upcharges, FIVE MARVEL RIDES! Four cup-cakes, three TS credits, two ECVs…

And a room with a view of some tree.

KBLovedDisney

Five Marvel Rides!

Six upcharges, FIVE MARVEL RIDES! Four cup-cakes, three TS credits, two ECVs, and a room with a view of some tree.

Seven dwarves a mining, six upcharges, FIVE MARVEL RIDES! Four cup-cakes, three TS credits, two ECVs, and a room with a view of some tree.

Eight hours of waiting, seven dwarves a mining, six upcharges, FIVE MARVEL RIDES! Four cup-cakes, three TS credits, two ECVs, and a room with a view of some tree.

Nine Germans drinking, eight hours of waiting, seven dwarves a mining, six upcharges, FIVE MARVEL RIDES! Four cup-cakes, three TS credits, two ECVs, and a room with a view of some tree.

Ten full buses, nine Germans drinking, eight hours of waiting, seven dwarves a mining, six upcharges, FIVE MARVEL RIDES! Four cup-cakes, three TS credits, two ECVs, and a room with a view of some tree.

Eleven rides in refurb, ten full buses, nine Germans drinking, eight hours of waiting, seven dwarves a mining, six upcharges, FIVE MARVEL RIDES! Four cup-cakes, three TS credits, two ECVs, and a room with a view of some tree.

Twelve Touring Groups, eleven rides in refurb, ten full buses, nine Germans drinking, eight hours of waiting, seven dwarves a mining, six upcharges, FIVE MARVEL RIDES! Four cup-cakes, three TS credits, two ECVs…

This is....awesome. :cool:

tenor.gif

And do I get any extra points from singing this out loud?:oops:

(Good thing I wasn't at work. Otherwise I would have started to hum this tune without realizing.)

tirian

:hilarious:

I'm thinking there's one more level here, easy. The exclusive upsell WITHIN Tony's WITHIN the holiday party. A holiday themed signature cocktail in souvenir glass- just $30 more. Or maybe a FP to one's mountain of choice after you're filled to the gills with sugar & booze - just $20 more? (limited edition logo barf bag included.)

I'll probably lose 75% of you at this point by mentioning this sitcom, but it reminds me of a Frasier episode where he and his brother Niles are beyond psyched and pay through the nose to make it through the door of this extremely exclusive day spa. But then they accidentally catch a glimpse of the "Gold" door - a VIP area within this extremely exclusive spa. They pull every string, fork over the cash and manage to get in. But the holy grail still awaits - the "platinum door". A super-duper, incredibly exclusive VIP section within the VIP section WITHIN the VIP spa. (Or so they think. They HAD to get in. And that platinum door led straight to the back alley of the building, next to the garbage cans.) :hilarious:
That’s a perfect way to describe it!

Someone might argue the add-ons are innocuous enough, and “if someone really wants to do it, why wouldn’t Disney offer it?”—but remember, these are invented to milk money from Guests. Nobody has asked for additional upcharge events on top of existing upcharge events.

Fox&Hound

Five Marvel Rides!

I love this!!!!!!! Brilliant...

JohnD

Five Marvel Rides!

One change: Six Brazilians A-chanting

MickeyMinnieMom

Meh. I'm generally a fan of the add-ons (yup -- I said it!!), but a reserved spot for the SECOND parade just isn't needed. I like the come-and-go aspect, and can see it working for some who want a spot to sit and relax here and there. Not for us.

More power to Disney being able to monetize places to sit/stand. Unless it creates a bunch of drunken people running amok during MVMCP, I couldn't care less. This is another one that has really minimal impact on anyone else who doesn't partake -- some parade spots are off-limits to you for a parade where reserved viewing isn't even necessary. Big deal.

But I'm sure it's a sign of the impending apocalypse and I "just don't get it"... ;)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Meh. I'm generally a fan of the add-ons (yup -- I said it!!), but a reserved spot for the SECOND parade just isn't needed. I like the come-and-go aspect, and can see it working for some who want a spot to sit and relax here and there. Not for us.

More power to Disney being able to monetize places to sit/stand. Unless it creates a bunch of drunken people running amok during MVMCP, I couldn't care less. This is another one that has really minimal impact on anyone else who doesn't partake -- some parade spots are off-limits to you for a parade where reserved viewing isn't even necessary. Big deal.

But I'm sure it's a sign of the impending apocalypse and I "just don't get it"... ;)
“I’m generally a fan of paying for faux exclusivity”

“I’m generally a fan of paying for access that used to be included with park admission.”

“I’m generally a fan of TWDCs bottom line.”

MuteSuperstar

I can't even muster the energy to get upset about this stuff anymore, it's clearly going to continue unabated. I will just continue to not go.

More power to Disney being able to monetize places to sit/stand.

I know right? Now to figure out a way to monetize oxygen. And they're really missing some opportunities to charge people to stand at a garbage can to eat at Food and Wine. Maybe some kind of tiered reservation system or something like a parking meter where the garbage can opens a trapdoor and swallows your food if you haven't paid to keep the meter running. It can be tied to your magic band and it will feel like a fun little game! Lots of possibilities.

Last edited:

JohnD

All I can say is, yes, I’m going to a Christmas Party, and, no, I’m not spending an extra $100 for hors doerves and a parade watching spot. While I’m going to the party, it diminishes my own value by taking away a viewing location I could have had previously.

MickeyMinnieMom

I can't even muster the energy to get upset about this stuff anymore, it's clearly going to continue unabated. I will just continue to not go.

I know right? Now to figure out a way to monetize oxygen. And they're really missing some opportunities to charge people to stand at a garbage can to eat at Food and Wine. Maybe some kind of tiered reservation system or something like a parking meter where the garbage can opens a trapdoor and swallows your food if you haven't paid to keep the meter running. It can be tied to your magic band and it will feel like a fun little game! Lots of possibilities.
Sounds like you can... ;)

MickeyMinnieMom

And what is perfect is, they have chosen the location furthest from everything you want to do at the park, so most people will only hit it once on their arrival and Disney can rake in even more profits...
I think they have finally reached the tipping point....
If I had a nickel... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom